PDA

View Full Version : NSW Sigs

thmpr
05-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Who owns one in CA?

:thumbsup:

http://www.defensereview.com/limited-edition-naval-specwar-nsw-sig-sauer-p226-9-navy-pistol/

Shane916
05-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Who owns one in CA?

:thumbsup:

8 days & 11 Hours

Very excite :thumbsup:

Although we had this discussion before :)

There's one for sale on Sig Forum as well...but you posted on it so i'm sure you already knew that as well!!

PolishMike
05-19-2009, 11:24 PM
There are sigs that are not safe for work?

Crazed_SS
05-20-2009, 6:23 AM
Navy Special Warfare?

mala in se
05-20-2009, 8:38 AM
Navy Special Warfare?

that's what i was thinking. i believe these are up to navy seal specs... corrosion-resistant finish & internal parts.

still think it shoots the same as any other P226

Greg-Dawg
05-20-2009, 8:43 AM
NSW?

bluthandwerk
05-20-2009, 11:34 AM
When I see NSW I think of Naval Submarine Warfare, but that's probably from too many years of living/working near Point Loma in SD...

Requiem
05-20-2009, 1:45 PM
NSW = Naval Special Warfare

or SEALs as you like to call them.

Shane916
05-20-2009, 2:47 PM
For all those curious:

http://www.defensereview.com/limited-edition-naval-specwar-nsw-sig-sauer-p226-9-navy-pistol/

Limited Edition Naval Specwar (NSW) Sig-Sauer P226-9-Navy Pistol

SIGARMS, Inc. (SIG-Sauer) has issued the following press release:

"SIGARMSŪ Offers Limited Run of Authentic Navy SEAL Pistols.
Special Operations Warrior Foundation to receive up to $100,000 from sale of P226 pistol.

EXETER, New Hampshire - Feb 2, 2004 - SIGARMSŪ Inc. has released a limited number of specially serialized P226 pistols identical to those supplied to the U.S. Navy SEALs. Since 1986 the SIG SAUER P226 in 9mm has been the official sidearm of one of the world’s most elite warrior units and to support the families of the fallen heroes of special forces, SIGARMS will donate up to…

$100,000 to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.

Established in 1980, the Warrior Foundation provides support for families of American Special Operations personnel who have lost their lives in service to our country, primarily through scholarships, which guarantee that all of the children of these fallen heroes will be able to attend college. SIGARMS will be making the donation at the 2004 NRA Convention in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.

“Every SIGARMS employee is aware that our pistol is carried into battle by Navy SEALs. It is a great source of pride knowing that when it counts these elite warriors count on the to-hell-and-back reliability of the SIG SAUER P226. That is why we have committed up to $100,000 to help the families of these fallen heroes and are asking our customers to consider purchasing this very special pistol,” said Jim Pledger, SIGARMS Vice President for Law Enforcement and military sales.

The P226-9-NAVY is made to the exact specifications of the pistols supplied to Navy SEALs including special corrosion-resistant finish on internal parts, contrast sights, slides engraved with an anchor to designate them as Naval Special Warfare pistols and a certificate of authenticity. For commercial sales the pistol will come with two 10-round magazines. These limited production P226-9-Navy pistols will also carry a special unique “NSW” serial number starting with NSW0001.

SIGARMS worked closely with Warrior Foundation and Special Tactical Services, Inc. (STS), based in Virginia Beach, Virginia, to put this unique fundraising program together. As part of the promotion, SIGARMS and STS will be sponsoring a special contest to being in mid-February. No purchase will be necessary and a special contest entry form will be available from SIGARMS. Eight individuals will be randomly selected to win an all-expense-paid trip to Virginia Beach, where they will be treated to a private tour of the Naval Special Warfare training center and receive personal hands-on training in the use of their pistols from combat veteran Navy SEALs.

For more information visit www.SIGARMS.com. For more information on the Special Operations Warrior Foundation visit www.specialops.org and to learn about the services of the Special Tactical Services visit www.spectacserv.com.

Located in Exeter, New Hampshire, SIGARMS is the leading manufacturer of premier sporting firearms and small arms for the military, law enforcement, and civilian markets. For more information about SIGARMS and the complete line of precision-engineered pistols, rifles and shotguns, clothing and accessories visit www.sigarms.com or contact SIGARMS, Inc., 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter NH 03833. For information on firearms-related training at the SIGARMS Academy visit www.sigarmsacademy.com."

jimrod
05-20-2009, 5:28 PM
SIG Sauer states that these limited production NAVY (commercial) pistols will carry a special unique "NSW" serial number starting with NSW0001. I wonder if the actual US NAVY contract SIG's have NSW prefixes. They probably also carry US Property stamps. Any SEALs out there that can comment?

bohoki
05-20-2009, 5:29 PM
haa i was thinking you meant a not safe for work signature

ST5MF
05-20-2009, 5:36 PM
SIG Sauer states that these limited production NAVY (commercial) pistols will carry a special unique "NSW" serial number starting with NSW0001. I wonder if the actual US NAVY contract SIG's have NSW prefixes. They probably also carry US Property stamps. Any SEALs out there that can comment?

NSW Sigs have no U.S. Gov Prop markings only the "anchor" on the slide. They do not have an NSW prefix either. They usually are prefixed by UU then a numeric sequence. The model P228 (M11) is also in service (standard issue for boat guys) as is the P239 for concealment purposes.

Shane916
05-20-2009, 11:34 PM

They have the anchor and a U prefix..but...they are marked on the pistol as model E26-9-NSWG

The current commercial Navy's are similar with the U prefix, although they added a rail for some tacticool reason.

SR-60
05-21-2009, 5:23 AM
Another calgunner posted a link to ARF where there a pics of Sigs and other cool stuff the teams are using:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=186271

The serial nos. and some other markings of some of the Sigs can be seen there.

Ventura_Yak'r
05-21-2009, 5:37 AM
These were limited time releases 5 years ago in 2004. The current P226 "Navy" is similar. However, not the same -Cuurent model: railing, no special corrosion-resistant finish on internal parts... correct?

ST5MF
05-21-2009, 6:51 AM
They have the anchor and a U prefix..but...they are marked on the pistol as model E26-9-NSWG

The current commercial Navy's are similar with the U prefix, although they added a rail for some tacticool reason.

There is a group in NSW that does use the "updated" railed version of the P226.

Shane916
05-21-2009, 2:43 PM
There is a group in NSW that does use the "updated" railed version of the P226.

Intriguing! Didn't know about that. All the pictures and testimony I have seen involved the Navy 226's without rails. Good to know though.

Shane916
05-21-2009, 2:54 PM
These were limited time releases 5 years ago in 2004.Correct 2,000 made The current P226 "Navy" is similar.Correct. Semi-similar :) However, not the same -Cuurent model: railing, no special corrosion-resistant finish on internal parts... correct?Correct on the rail. I contacted Sig about the current 226 Navy internal coatings and they told me the internals are indeed phosphated

Added info.

aplinker
05-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Had one, hated it. Bad trigger.

loosewreck
05-22-2009, 12:57 AM
I have one. I like the trigger, however the triggers on my SP2022 and P239 are far superior.

Here's some cool info (http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3141077651/p/2) I ran into over at the Sig Forum.

Shane916
05-22-2009, 5:13 PM
I have one. I like the trigger, however the triggers on my SP2022 and P239 are far superior.

Here's some cool info (http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3141077651/p/2) I ran into over at the Sig Forum.

Very cool. Thanks for the link.

Rhyyke
05-22-2009, 6:26 PM
i had an airsoft version for a while :D

loosewreck
05-24-2009, 3:25 PM
Very cool. Thanks for the link.

Glad you enjoyed it. Lots of good stuff over there too bad its such a PITA to join.

ST5MF
05-24-2009, 5:45 PM
Had one, hated it. Bad trigger.

Unfortunately the triggers vary considerably sometimes.

Most P226s I have encountered have slick triggers; I am spoiled because I shoot a lot of 1911's with phenomenal triggers.

As for DA autos SIGs are considered one of the better brands.

I don't think model makes a difference when it comes to the SIG Classic line, the triggers will vary.

Personally, I find the SIG plastic (SP series) guns to be junk. Glock 9's and HK45's seem to be where plastic receivers are at.

thmpr
05-24-2009, 8:27 PM
I guess there is only two poeple on calguns that owns a NSW SIG.

ST5MF
05-24-2009, 9:40 PM
I guess there is only two poeple on calguns that owns a NSW SIG.

I have one of the first 100 as well.

Cato
05-24-2009, 9:53 PM
Damn it, I just bought a Glock!

thmpr
05-25-2009, 7:10 PM
I have one of the first 100 as well.

Fired or unfired?

ST5MF
05-25-2009, 8:16 PM
Fired or unfired?

Fired of course! You can't take it with you.

thmpr
05-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Fired of course! You can't take it with you.

Sure can leave it behind to that special someone....:thumbsup:

pTa
05-26-2009, 4:03 AM
Glad you enjoyed it. Lots of good stuff over there too bad its such a PITA to join.

I liked that site too. Went to join but it didn't like my email address.
Ah well no bigee.

aplinker
05-26-2009, 9:11 AM
NSW = Naval Special Warfare

or SEALs as you like to call them.

NSW is actually Naval SURFACE Warfare... but hey, almost everyone gets that wrong...

Unfortunately the triggers vary considerably sometimes.

Most P226s I have encountered have slick triggers; I am spoiled because I shoot a lot of 1911's with phenomenal triggers.

As for DA autos SIGs are considered one of the better brands.

I don't think model makes a difference when it comes to the SIG Classic line, the triggers will vary.

Personally, I find the SIG plastic (SP series) guns to be junk. Glock 9's and HK45's seem to be where plastic receivers are at.

The SIG plastic is given a bum rap. They're not bad at all.

The P226 Navy is known to have trigger issues. My SIG 'smith told me every Navy he'd had in felt like poo. Mine had about 3 notched through its break. It wasn't SIG-y at all. I could've had it cleaned up for $, but why bother?

Sold it and got a stainless.

Shane916
05-26-2009, 10:50 AM
NSW is actually Naval SURFACE Warfare... but hey, almost everyone gets that wrong...

So the Navy doesn't know their own name?!?!

http://www.navy.mil/local/nsw/

Naval Special Warfare

http://www.navsoc.navy.mil/

Naval Special Warfare

http://www.sealchallenge.navy.mil/

Naval Special Warfare

and the others are mistaken as well??

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/navy/navspecwarcom.htm

Naval Special Warfare

http://www.nswfoundation.org/scholarships.html

Naval Special Warfare

http://www.navysealmuseum.com/heritage.php

Naval Special Warfare

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/navynecs/p/ET9613.htm

Naval Special Warfare

ST5MF
05-26-2009, 12:16 PM

The SIG plastic is given a bum rap. They're not bad at all.

The P226 Navy is known to have trigger issues. My SIG 'smith told me every Navy he'd had in felt like poo. Mine had about 3 notched through its break. It wasn't SIG-y at all. I could've had it cleaned up for $, but why bother?

Sold it and got a stainless.

I know of at least a dozen owners of the NSW P226; all of them are "Frogs" or "Former Frogs" Never any issues with the triggers.

"NSW P226 are known to have bad triggers." :icon_bs:

NSW to the SEAL community is Naval Special Warfare PERIOD.

NSWG1 is the West Coast and NSWG2 the East Coast.

I am not to current with what the fleet acronyms are- The Teams ARE NOT THE FLEET.

Black Majik
05-26-2009, 1:04 PM
Damn it, I just bought a Glock!

Don't worry, your trigger is probably better. :D

ST5MF
05-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Don't worry, your trigger is probably better. :D

The G19 is a hella of gun.

jeffrice6
05-27-2009, 6:20 PM
I got my NSW :thumbsup:........& its got a very respectable factory trigger!!