PDA

View Full Version : BCM Vs. LMT

xounlistedxox
05-19-2009, 8:46 PM
I recently purchased both a BCM and an LMT Upper both from Bravo Company USA. First I would like to thank Bravo Company for keeping Pre-Obama prices on their latest stock of uppers!

I was pleasantly suprised by the fit/finish on the bcm and kind of dissapointed in the LMT it seems a little lesser in quality.

What are your guys thoughts?

xm177
05-19-2009, 9:12 PM
Your comments are like those who buy a Colt upper and get upset when the ejection port cover is scratched. LMT & BCM are top tier companies and will be fine shooters. Sell your LMT and get an airsoft rifle for its finish.

xounlistedxox
05-19-2009, 9:19 PM
Funny how you ignored the part where I mentioned "Fit" in addition to finish. Your attitude is not needed here. I ordered both uppers at the same time and they arrived at the same time. I am sharing my thoughts and opinions on what I saw for myself in person with the two uppers that I ordered. The BCM has a tighter fit on all of my lowers which are Spike's, Charles Daly, CMMG, Vulcan, and DSA.
Finish is just as much of a consideration as any other visual aspect. I like glocks for their tenifer finish, I like Springfields Armory Kote. Finish protcts the metal from the elements so of course I'm going to be concerned about it.

8200rpm
05-19-2009, 9:20 PM
I hate brass marks on the brass deflector. So when I buy an upper that's been test fired at the factory, I disassemble it and replace the upper receiver with new one. Then, I fondle the rifle before bed each night. I never shoot my ARs, because I don't like my guns to get dirty. Gas tubes are just too much of a pain to clean. Don't even get me started about the carbon deposits on the bolt tail. Ewww, gross.

xm177
05-19-2009, 9:34 PM
This is a tired old topic. Having play between the upper & lower receiver is very common. RRA has almost none but it doesn't make it more accurate. Since your sights and barrel are on the same half, accuracy is not compromised with wiggle. Take a drive over to Arizona and handle a Colt 6920, you'll notice that the stock & upper have a little play. Hell, even WWII 1911's rattled...too tight of tolerances and the thing will lock up w/any grit.

Arteel
05-19-2009, 9:34 PM
Wow, is all the sarcasm really needed?

Nessal
05-19-2009, 9:42 PM
Wow, i can't believe guys. Get off the guy's nuts. We are all on the same side here.

Anyways, i own both a bcm and lmt and to be honest, the bcm's finish is better. Also the small detail is better on the bcm.

Jicko
05-19-2009, 9:46 PM
I will buy that junkie LMT off your hand.... PM me...

PS. if you want "pretty" stuff, don't get Colt or LMT stuff.... they are made to be beat up....

m1match
05-19-2009, 9:48 PM
Too many people are too concerned about how their AR "looks", how closely the color and shade of the upper and lower match, how unmarked their upper is, etc. All of these top tier manufacturers are making hard use rifles. Cosmetics isn't much of a concern. Both BCM and LMT are top tier manufacturers. The only things that BCM does that LMT doesn't is parkerizing under the front sight base and the use of taper pins to fix the front sight base in place. That is not such a big deal since LMT does everything else right. The thing that LMT does that BCM does not on EVERY bolt is HP (proof load) and test fire each and every bolt. Both magnetic particle test every bolt, and even with this difference, BCM makes fine bolt carrier groups that rank in my top tier. Both manufacturers HP test and magnetic particle test each and every barrel.

Go here for more info on the differences between M16/AR makers:
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

The forum thread and google doc link takes you to a comprehensive comparison chart as well as a table explaining what the differences are and what they mean.

I have Colt 6920, Noveske, and LMT uppers and they are all of great quality. The Colt and the LMT have had the most quality control testing but the Noveske runs like a trouble free clock also.

8200rpm
05-19-2009, 9:50 PM
PS. if you want "pretty" stuff, don't get Colt or LMT stuff.... they are made to be beat up....

That's why I prefer airsoft. Because you never have to worry about carbon, lead, or copper fouling.

Jicko
05-19-2009, 9:56 PM
That's why I prefer airsoft. Because you never have to worry about carbon, lead, or copper fouling.

You can also chase your dogs and cats around your house and shoot them in their butts.... :rofl:

I guaranteed that you will not have brass dings on your deflector...

8200rpm
05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
You can also chase your dogs and cats around your house and shoot them in their butts.... :rofl:

Actually, me and my friends rent a warehouse so we can practice X-treme Tactical tactics. Afterward, we play Dungeons and Dragons to unwind.

DanHuuN
05-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I will buy that junkie LMT off your hand.... PM me...

Thank you! :thumbsup:

cheese
05-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Too many people are too concerned about how their AR "looks", how closely the color and shade of the upper and lower match, how unmarked their upper is, etc. All of these top tier manufacturers are making hard use rifles. Cosmetics isn't much of a concern. Both BCM and LMT are top tier manufacturers. The only things that BCM does that LMT doesn't is parkerizing under the front sight base and the use of taper pins to fix the front sight base in place. That is not such a big deal since LMT does everything else right. The thing that LMT does that BCM does not on EVERY bolt is HP (proof load) and test fire each and every bolt. Both magnetic particle test every bolt, and even with this difference, BCM makes fine bolt carrier groups that rank in my top tier. Both manufacturers HP test and magnetic particle test each and every barrel.

Go here for more info on the differences between M16/AR makers:
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

The forum thread and google doc link takes you to a comprehensive comparison chart as well as a table explaining what the differences are and what they mean.

I have Colt 6920, Noveske, and LMT uppers and they are all of great quality. The Colt and the LMT have had the most quality control testing but the Noveske runs like a trouble free clock also.

BCM said they did do the HP test on the last batch of bolts since they had so many barrels. But since they dont always do it to every bolt they dont advertise as hp tested.

xounlistedxox
05-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Thank you m1match for actually sticking to the topic as well as adding some worthwhile information about the topic.