PDA

View Full Version : Reccomendations for nights sights on my Glock 22

chaseman
05-19-2009, 3:09 PM
hey just got a glock 22 obviously cant see the sights in the dark. Would you guys recommend a sepcific brand or set of night sights?
Thanks

tgriffin
05-19-2009, 3:14 PM
TFO's

Tritium Fiber Optic sites. I love them on my XD. Bright as hell day or night.

Eroland7
05-19-2009, 3:17 PM
I put Trijicon night sights on my Glock 23, and was VERY pleased... Gotta go with the best...

DeanW66
05-19-2009, 8:46 PM
I've been having thoughts with the same OP question for my G22. A related question: is the swap a DYI job or should I leave it for a smith (NOTE: I have ZERO experience "working" on my firearms and zero tools specifically for them)?

bsg
05-19-2009, 10:22 PM
i have trijicon on my w german sigs and have always liked them.

will227457
05-20-2009, 12:47 PM
novack

HCz
05-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Trijicon, Meprolite, Ameriglo. All will do their job. :)

If you have zero experience in swapping sights, please have someone competent do it. Don't ask me how I know. :p

tmuller
05-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Another vote for trijicon...had 'em on a G19 and HK USP.

wuhungsix
05-20-2009, 1:22 PM
I got meprolights on my glock 21, 19, and 20C (gone now). Sent my slide to Glockmeister.com who installs them for free with the purchase. Turn around is about a week. I like them a lot and think they brighter than most other companies.

Black Majik
05-20-2009, 1:59 PM
I like Meprolights.

However, I love Heinies. They're not as bright as Meps, or even Trijicons, but the sight is a pleasure to aim with. Crisp, clear sight picture. Oh yeah, the dot over dot straight 8 setup is quite nice as well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: <--- Just for you Oaklander!

Voo
05-20-2009, 2:02 PM
Its a very simple job but some rear sights may require slight fitting. If you dont have any experience doing it, then I would recommend using a sight tool. Other than this, its' very easy and fairly straightforward.

The front sight requires a very small, almost special hex socket to tighten the screw down. You do NOT want to over-torque this guy. Use RED loctite and snug it down. I had a buddy (his post is right before this one :43:) who kept spinning and spinning and spinning on the screw.. After the first "spin" he should've stopped. Suffice to say, he stripped it and had to get a new front sight. Just tighten it 'finger' tight and let the red loctite do the work.

The rear sight is also easy but might require you to sand material off the base of the sight itself. NEVER remove material from the slide. Clean it and make sure the dovetail is free of debris, but do not hit the slide with sandpaper, file or stone. Remove material from the rear sight if it's too tight. Since these are night sights, I really recommend getting a sight pusher. Normally you can just pound on them to get them in, but with night sights, you run the risk of cracking/breaking the vials that hold the tritium. If you break these, there goes your glow in the dark material. Get a sight pusher. Its very low impact and since you've never done it before, it's a lot less work than getting a vice, punch, and hammer (not to mention safer)

For glocks, I like the mepros, trijicons, Heinies and Warren's for night sights. Currently I have Heinie Straight Eight night sights on my G17. I like them all, but they do have their subtle differences.

speedracer
05-20-2009, 2:09 PM
Heinie Slant Pro Straight 8 with Wide Notch.

Black Majik
05-20-2009, 2:22 PM
Its a very simple job but some rear sights may require slight fitting. If you dont have any experience doing it, then I would recommend using a sight tool. Other than this, its' very easy and fairly straightforward.

The front sight requires a very small, almost special hex socket to tighten the screw down. You do NOT want to over-torque this guy. Use RED loctite and snug it down. I had a buddy (his post is right before this one :43:) who kept spinning and spinning and spinning on the screw.. After the first "spin" he should've stopped. Suffice to say, he stripped it and had to get a new front sight. Just tighten it 'finger' tight and let the red loctite do the work.

Man, I can't believe you actually remembered that. I completely forgot about it, locked it down into the deep abyss of my mind.

Thanks for the reminder. :chris:

dchang0
05-20-2009, 2:57 PM
TFO's

Tritium Fiber Optic sites. I love them on my XD. Bright as hell day or night.

Those are amazing--just got a set for my Glock 19.

BamBam-31
05-20-2009, 3:09 PM
+1 for the Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eights. (I've also been known to widen the rear notch myself w/ a small file. Just a tad.)

Less cluttered than the typical three-dot set-ups, and the serrations give a real clean flat black sight picture during the day.

Changing sights on Glocks is easy-peasy. As long as you have the tools (red loctite, hex wrench, vise/punch or sight pusher), you're GTG. I've changed many Glock sights myself w/o the aid of a sight pusher, but it is undoubtedly a nice tool to have around. Best part is you can dial your sights in at the range w/ a pusher.

wuhungsix
05-20-2009, 6:17 PM
The talk about night sights got me to think about one of guns I have on the 10 day lock down (GLock 34). I was going to throw on Meprolights like with all my other glocks, but I would like to try a little IDPA or steel competition with this one. So should I try a different sight, maybe some thing with a adjustable rear and fiber optic front? Any suggestions? sorry for the thread jack.

islandchanel
05-20-2009, 8:39 PM
Dude truglo tfo. The onlyway to go I jave had trijicon and mepo sights. No one is brighter then tfo look in the for sale section for my post of my glock 35 I took pics of the tfo's on it and you can see how bright they are

bluestaterebel
05-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Trijicon

islandchanel
05-21-2009, 12:39 AM
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt216/islandchanel/083.jpg