PDA

View Full Version : I have Got to give alot of credit to Kaiser Defense.

GoingPro
05-19-2009, 2:08 PM
i went in today to Rifle Gear today to dros my lower recievers and a saiga 7.62 that ive recently purchased. The two recievers i purchased were Kaiser Defense and a Smith and Wesson M&P. My buddy bought the exact two same recievers as i did, when we seen the difference between the two recievers i asked my buddy if he's sure he wanted to build on the S&W because the Kaiser Defense looked and felt so much nicer! He changed his mind instantly when i brought this to his attention since this is his first AR-15. I was seriously amazed of the quality of this lower reciever. I want to take the parts out of my CMMG lower and transfer it to my KD! We pretty much bought the Smith and Wesson M&P lower just because of the name, since its always cool to have. So for everyone out there who is trying to decide on what lower reciever to purchase, make sure you take a look at Kaiser Defense! Before I end this post i got one more thing to say. I've said this before in previous posts and ill say it again. We have to give credit to Rifle Gear for thier excellent customer support and excellent products!

Richie Caketown
05-19-2009, 2:21 PM
:thumbsup: KD is gonna be my next purchase

glock_this
05-19-2009, 2:30 PM
KD was my recent purchase... picked up my DROS lower yesterday from Gusslers. First KD, pretty nice and clean. Time will tell how well it builds up. I suspect another is in the works when the Calguns logo lower comes along.

SinisteR1
05-19-2009, 3:22 PM
i went in today to Rifle Gear today to dros my lower recievers and a saiga 7.62 that ive recently purchased. The two recievers i purchased were Kaiser Defense and a Smith and Wesson M&P. My buddy bought the exact two same recievers as i did, when we seen the difference between the two recievers i asked my buddy if he's sure he wanted to build on the S&W because the Kaiser Defense looked and felt so much nicer! He changed his mind instantly when i brought this to his attention since this is his first AR-15. I was seriously amazed of the quality of this lower reciever. I want to take the parts out of my CMMG lower and transfer it to my KD! We pretty much bought the Smith and Wesson M&P lower just because of the name, since its always cool to have. So for everyone out there who is trying to decide on what lower reciever to purchase, make sure you take a look at Kaiser Defense! Before I end this post i got one more thing to say. I've said this before in previous posts and ill say it again. We have to give credit to Rifle Gear for thier excellent customer support and excellent products!

I just built my KD lower this weekend. I can't compare it to other lowers but upon inspection, the build quality is excellent. I'm very happy for my first build. Now if Stag would hurry up with my 2HT:mad:

GoingPro
05-19-2009, 3:24 PM
I just built my KD lower this weekend. I can't compare it to other lowers but upon inspection, the build quality is excellent. I'm very happy for my first build. Now if Stag would hurry up with my 2HT:mad:

looks sharp! .... i would add a magpul trigger guard and a MIAD grip if i were you, but thats just me.

SinisteR1
05-19-2009, 3:41 PM
looks sharp! .... i would add a magpul trigger guard and a MIAD grip if i were you, but thats just me.

Thanks. I actually have a list of extra goodies I need to order :thumbsup:

Twinkies
05-19-2009, 5:13 PM

Magpul trigger guards fit like hot garbage on the KD lowers for whatever reason.
The "shoulders" on the trigger guard need to be filed to clear the "ears" of the lower reciever.
Just a warning.. thats all.:thumbsup:

pacifico
05-19-2009, 6:23 PM
I was able to install a Rainier-modified Magpul trigger guard onto my KD lower with zero issues. It fits perfectly. There were no issues with the build, either.

SN range is 039xx - this was one of the group buy lowers from GS Arms.

missiontrails
05-19-2009, 7:46 PM
I liked my KD, but I like my Territorial Gunsmiths a little better.

GoingPro
05-19-2009, 7:49 PM
I liked my KD, but I like my Territorial Gunsmiths a little better.

the territorial gunsmith is very nice nice as well! but the logo kills it for me!

jo0kerz
05-19-2009, 8:11 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=185477

Its a must read

blackrifle242
05-19-2009, 8:50 PM
On the subject of Rifle Gear, I personally have never met a group of guys that care so much about your builds. They are the best shop I have came across and do all my business there.

snupples
05-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Can't beat Made in San Diego. :thumbsup:

fabguy
05-20-2009, 3:31 AM
I have bought my Sabre Defence 24" upper from Rifle Gear, and will continue to drive the long distance, and battle the so. cal. traffic just because of the great service that they offer. These men and women that are there, are wonderful help. Not to mention their prices are good too.

Jim_KT
05-20-2009, 5:27 AM
KD lowers are good-to-go.
Out of all my lowers (including fun lowers), the KDs are by far the best in my stable. I know, a lower is a lower is a lower, but the KDs just rock. CA built and good to boot.

nic
05-20-2009, 7:35 AM
Love my KD. The finish is excellent, it fits nice and tightly to my upper with zero play, and the Made in San Diego, CA makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

nic
05-20-2009, 7:36 AM
Oh, and a big +1 to RifleGear. Absolutely a fantastic business.

jrau13
05-20-2009, 7:40 AM
I have read nothing but good things about KD so this will be my first lower and since RG is right down the street I will purchase from them.
I had been searching online for cheaper deals on KD but after all the fees RG has my business.......SOON!

dchang0
05-20-2009, 10:24 AM
If you're gonna buy KD, hang on a bit for the Calguns lower...

fcr
05-20-2009, 11:33 AM
RG is great as is the KD lower, they even put up with me.

Steve O
05-20-2009, 12:19 PM
How much are the KD striped lowers going for?

glock_this
05-20-2009, 12:21 PM
great deal here... May special on pricing. http://www.arlowers.com/

SuperSet
05-20-2009, 1:54 PM
Any preferred LPKs for the Kaiser lowers? I know you can mix and match but IME, some fit better than others.

glock_this
05-21-2009, 6:45 AM
I am about to do an RRA 2 stage... I will let you know, but I suspect no issues. if I can put an RRA 2 stage in my old school Vulcan and have it perform flawless, I will be shocked if it does not here as well.

csorin
05-21-2009, 10:27 AM
RRA 2-Stage triggers fit just fine. I used a Fulton Armory LPK sans trigger (was cheap and in stock) and it fit great. Beware that the roll pins take some pressure to seat.

jasonnorcal
05-21-2009, 4:02 PM
I just got my KD from arlowers. It has a beautiful finish on it and it's made here in the PRK. I've read on this forum that RRA and Armalite LPK's are the best.

hnoppenberger
05-21-2009, 6:50 PM
i prefer colt.

nicoroshi
05-21-2009, 8:07 PM
I own one on my 5.56 rifle, and love it, and I am building another this weekend for my dedicated .22LR upper (although it may go on my 6.8SPC, and I'll move my Mega to the .22 since I love the one I have built so much).
Kaiser does build quality.

jvquattro
05-21-2009, 9:28 PM
I have fit 4 different uppers on my KD (and Spikes Tactical I believe also manufactured by KD) lowers. No problems great fit and finish :thumbsup:

For folks that haven't seen this post from Kaiserworks:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=127551

:Ivan:

makav3li
05-21-2009, 9:42 PM
fyi....kd doesnt really make the lowers. a shop that kd is in makes the lowers just in case you're wondering who makes them. kd's lowers are great though

shark92651
05-22-2009, 12:30 AM
great deal here... May special on pricing. http://www.arlowers.com/

Better deal here this weekend (in stock, on sale, no transfer fees): http://riflegear.com/p-539-kaiser-defense-ar15-stripped-lower-receiver.aspx

bombadillo
05-22-2009, 7:34 AM
Haven't yet had the opportunity to see a Kaiser Defense lower. Love my Mega, Sun Devil, and CMMG though. (Sun Devil is my fave though)

GoingPro
05-22-2009, 9:03 AM
Better deal here this weekend (in stock, on sale, no transfer fees): http://riflegear.com/p-539-kaiser-defense-ar15-stripped-lower-receiver.aspx

WHAT A DEAL! i can already see it now, out of stock in a few days.....

trinydex
05-22-2009, 9:07 AM
mmm no transfer fees? isn't the transfer fee on your ffl's end?