PDA

View Full Version : Is this price unheard of?

evan69
05-19-2009, 12:09 PM
A NIB or barely used(less than 100 rounds or just not too much more) stag 2h complete upper for $500 or less on ar15.com or somewhere?

It's looking like this is going to be my budget, and I am still leaning back and forth between this option, which is either impossible or incredibly rare, or just buying from ar15sales and waiting like a patient little boy...

aermotor
05-19-2009, 12:22 PM
It's not impossible...

evan69
05-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Lol. Not exactly a promising prediction... You think I should just go for a delayed upper? I mean, if I got it I would have a month to shoot the gun, and then I would be living in dorms and not be able to bring any guns, so either way I would be waiting a long time without any guns.

Think I should go with pete and save myself the trouble?

Arteel
05-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Unheard of? No. I picked up a 2HT from pete last year for 650 shipped which was my first AR build. Good guy to buy from if you are willing to wait. I got lucky I bought before the panic and got my upper in about a week.

evan69
05-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Unheard of? No. I picked up a 2HT from pete last year for 650 shipped which was my first AR build. Good guy to buy from if you are willing to wait. I got lucky I bought before the panic and got my upper in about a week.

Yea but now that option falls into the second one I mentioned, where I would have to wait. I don't think pete has any ready to ship in a week at the moment.

Jicko
05-19-2009, 12:37 PM
A NIB or barely used(less than 100 rounds or just not too much more) stag 2h complete upper for $500 or less on ar15.com or somewhere?

It's looking like this is going to be my budget, and I am still leaning back and forth between this option, which is either impossible or incredibly rare, or just buying from ar15sales and waiting like a patient little boy...

One of the best deal ever was on ar15, early 2008.... $595, group buy of full Stag kits.... EVERYTHING but the lower receiver... ie. stag upper, stag LPK, stag 6pos stock, even comes with a magazine...

Now.... fast forward to today..... yes, $500 or less is unrealistic...

Arteel
05-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Thats why I said if you were willing to wait. ;)

Search around the marketplace if you can't wait. The other day I was pondering all afternoon about a Noveske n4 light upper for 850 complete which I thought was a very good deal. I managed to hold off because it was exactly what I was looking for.

Look around, you can always find something if you try hard enough.

Yea but now that option falls into the second one I mentioned, where I would have to wait. I don't think pete has any ready to ship in a week at the moment.

evan69
05-19-2009, 1:00 PM
Thats why I said if you were willing to wait. ;)

Search around the marketplace if you can't wait. The other day I was pondering all afternoon about a Noveske n4 light upper for 850 complete which I thought was a very good deal. I managed to hold off because it was exactly what I was looking for.

Look around, you can always find something if you try hard enough.

Well, we are talking about the same guy anyway, and seeing as how the upper I want is going for a lot more than I can pay on the forums, based on what I have seen and what you guys have told me, I think I'll go with pete for the upper...

dieselpower
05-19-2009, 3:07 PM
Yes its possible, not that rare to see ppl unloading a upper for a quick sale.

MILLITIAof1
05-19-2009, 3:11 PM
+10000 On waiting for the right price, don't contribute to the dbags that are trying to rip you off.

CSACANNONEER
05-19-2009, 3:28 PM
Pre Obama, I put together a complete black rifle for $425 and purchased everything from calguns.

cheese
05-19-2009, 3:37 PM
Expect to wait a longgg time. Uppers from Pete that were ordered in November are just trickling in and i wouldnt be suprised if the wait is much longer now. Plus he will charge your card now so if you find one in the meen time your sol

Jicko
05-19-2009, 3:52 PM
Expect to wait a longgg time. Uppers from Pete that were ordered in November are just trickling in and i wouldnt be suprised if the wait is much longer now. Plus he will charge your card now so if you find one in the meen time your sol

Go order from someone else who WILL NOT CHARGE until they are shipping your upper.

I think you can just go order from RRA.... rock river arms...

evan69
05-19-2009, 4:22 PM
Go order from someone else who WILL NOT CHARGE until they are shipping your upper.

I think you can just go order from RRA.... rock river arms...

How does del-ton sound? I like the price, and the less than 20 week wait haha. They don't charge until they ship.

Henry47
05-19-2009, 4:40 PM
pkfirearms just had a bushmaster m4 16" upper including bcg/ch for $525.

Ducman
05-19-2009, 4:48 PM
this one is available now

http://sgcusa.com/AR-15-Components-Upper-Receivers/c4_201/p3033/DPMS-M4-Complete-Upper-(BA-AP416)/product_info.html

$599

The 16" AP4 Barrel Assembly has a Military AP4 light contour barrel with M203 mount cut-out.
# 16" Chrome-moly steel barrel
# A3 Flat Top Upper
# 1x9 Twist
# M4 feed ramps
# Barrel is chrome lined
# Includes complete Bolt Carrier Assembly
# GlacierGuards™
# Forged front sight base

Hozr
05-19-2009, 5:42 PM
I picked up a NIB similar style upper for $400 a few weeks ago on gunbroker. You have to check often and score a "BUY it now" No Reserve type deal.

It can be done.

VaderSpade
05-20-2009, 6:51 PM
Someone is offering $290.00 for a complete upper on another board.

Texas Boy
05-20-2009, 7:43 PM
I sold a very nice flat top LH upper with a four rail for $500 just recently. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=174646

You can certainly get an upper for that - though you will have to be quick - mine was gone in 10 hours.