PDA

View Full Version : Metal magazines for Su-16

Caseless
06-13-2005, 8:05 PM
Can someone point me to the online stores that carry reliable 10 round AR-15 mags. I really want to get some drop-free mags for my Su-16 CA.
I also remember some posts back a gentleman mentioned there are 10 round mags with 20-round mag dimensions. Where can I get these?
I am trying to speed up my mag changes during competition. Thanks in advance. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sharnhorst
06-13-2005, 8:07 PM
Try bushmaster , i know they have metal 10 rounders that look like a 20'shttp://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/8448670-10.asp

C.G.
06-13-2005, 8:12 PM
Originally posted by Sharnhorst
Try bushmaster , i know they have metal 10 rounders that look like a 20's
+1. Best mags I found so far; cost $15 plus shipping from Bushmaster.

06-14-2005, 6:46 AM
i have 6 new (never loaded or inserted in a rifle) bushmaster 10 round mags (same ones on that link) i will sell for $80 shipped

esskay
06-14-2005, 2:34 PM
Interesting, did you notice in the link that Bushmaster says:

This heavy black plastic base takes wear and tear but absolutely limits capacity to 10 rounds for legal compliance. Note: Due to BATF's requirements, this magazine cannot be disassembled. Any attempt to do so will destroy the magazine. If the magazine gets excessively dirty, it can be cleaned with a strong detergent/hot water solution. Then blow dry with compressed air while depressing the follower and spring. Re-lubricate as soon as it is dry.

That kinda sucks...

C.G.
06-14-2005, 2:46 PM
Originally posted by esskay
That kinda sucks...
You are right, but so far mine have worked flawlessly. I am sure that over time dirt may accumulate and I am hoping that it can be blown out with air. If you need to replace anything, forget it, unless you can fabricate a new plate; but then again, maybe Bushmaster would replace them.

maxicon
06-14-2005, 3:24 PM
Note: Due to BATF's requirements, this magazine cannot be disassembled.

I can't imagine that this is a current requirement - it sounds like a relic of the AW ban that hasn't been changed. The web's full of pre-sunset warnings.

The problem is they may not want to re-engineer it to fix the original fix, since it's probably not a huge moneymaker for them.

CaDOJ may have their own requirements, but this isn't what BM states. CaDOJ is a bit fuzzy on what it takes to permanently modify a mag to 10 rounds, too.

C.G.
06-14-2005, 5:47 PM
Originally posted by Maxicon
The problem is they may not want to re-engineer it to fix the original fix, since it's probably not a huge moneymaker for them.
Since most of the country can buy hi-caps now I wouldn't be suprised if the price of new ten rounder went up or they would slowly vanish out of the market place. In the meantime, one ought be able to buy cheap used ten-rounders from people who are getting rid of them and replacing them with hi-caps.