PDA

View Full Version : Horrible timing with first AR build.....

SanSacto
05-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Okay, here's the story. I have been waiting to complete my first AR build for a couple of years now. I bought a Stag-15 OLL in 2007, and I soon after installed a Stag LPK and stock. However it has been waiting for an upper ever since then. I chose a LMT M4 upper because of their reputation. I finally got the cash to purchase one LMT M4 upper last Christmas. I placed the order through an online vendor, and I was told the uppers were due in less than two months. After placing the order for the upper I jumped the gun and bought a LMT bolt carrier group, LMT charging handle, LMT detachable carry handle, and BCM M4 handguard. I had everything ready to go, but the upper never came.....

.....Until today! I got a call and one LMT M4 upper is being shipped to me this week at a great price. This is great news, except for the fact that I decided to sell the bolt control group, charging handle, detachable carry handle, and handguard only days ago (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=184506)! I basically gave up on my AR build and was going to spend the money from the parts for a Saiga conversion. The worst part is that I still have the parts in my possession, because the payments for the parts are still in the mail. It is going to be hard to mail off the exact parts I am in the process of looking for! Well, I guess at the end of the week I will be closer to finishing my AR build than I was last week! But I doubt I will have as easy of a time finding those parts as I did last time.

God Bless The Mauser
05-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Funny how things work out. After I've decided to give up buying ammo my neighbor has 4 cases of Winchester 5.56 he wants to sell me. Might come off as rude to the buyer but maybe you could ask for a break since you need the parts now.

69Mach1
05-18-2009, 11:52 PM
OMG, that just sucks. Sorry man.

SanSacto
05-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Funny how things work out. After I've decided to give up buying ammo my neighbor has 4 cases of Winchester 5.56 he wants to sell me. Might come off as rude to the buyer but maybe you could ask for a break since you need the parts now.

I thought about it, but only for a bit. I just think that would be wrong. Plus, to be honest, I could use that cash from the parts to help pay for the upper itself.

OMG, that just sucks. Sorry man.

Thanks, I re-read read my post and it sounds like I am crying/complaining. Right now I am just thankful I have an upper on the way! The way I look at it, I don't have the money right now for the ammo and range fees to take it out to shoot anyways! My time will come.....

dchang0
05-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Complete the sales of the parts with your buyers--your intuition is correct. It would be wrong to break the deals you made with them.

And then, look forward to obtaining new parts of your own--it likely won't be as hard as you think. Parts seem to be coming back into supply now. Even 9mm ammo is starting to show up at certain online retailers. In a month or two when you have the money ready, it should be much easier to find the parts you need.

SanSacto
05-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Complete the sales of the parts with your buyers--your intuition is correct. It would be wrong to break the deals you made with them.

And then, look forward to obtaining new parts of your own--it likely won't be as hard as you think. Parts seem to be coming back into supply now. Even 9mm ammo is starting to show up at certain online retailers. In a month or two when you have the money ready, it should be much easier to find the parts you need.

Exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks! I guess I just wanted to rant a bit. I will post some pics when all is complete!

Arteel
05-19-2009, 12:23 AM
You sold everything for a very reasonable price too. Good luck finding what you need for what you sold them for.

DanHuuN
05-19-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm sorry to here the bad news and I understand what you're going through. I had a N6 lower completed and installed a Geissele trigger and PRS stock but couldn't find an upper. Ended up selling it and then 3 weeks later Noveske called me saying my backordered N6 upper was available but my card needed to be updated. I had to pass on the purchase because I had no more money for that project......Boo

AM9000
05-19-2009, 6:52 AM
I know its been months in the waiting. In a way you did your self a favor. If you had all the parts now you would be spending money on other accessories...

BTW..
Most of the parts you need are in stock on place or anouther.... I just am finishing up my build and most the parts you listed are less hard to find than your LPK or an upper. You are on the home stretch...

skkeeter
05-19-2009, 7:34 AM
Hang in there, your time will come. It's nice to see some people out their with some real patience like yourself. Compulsion can be a killer for some of us.

evan69
05-19-2009, 8:34 AM
This is basically the hypothetical scenario that keeps me being a packrat...

I just don't sell anything, ever.