PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Pretty Awesome

jwest
05-18-2009, 9:11 PM
Calgunners,

I took a buddy of mine and my son out to Los Altos yesterday - my bud made a new AR-15 using a LaRue upper with the iron sights - shoots like a dream.

LaRue sends a lot of goodies with what they ship - in addition to the upper, my bud got their machine gun oil, some BBQ seasoning, a bumper sticker, and the LaRue armadillo bottle and can opener multi-tool. Bumper sticker says, "God bless our troops, especially our snipers." Oh, and an extra extractor spring upgrade - I almost forgot. The first time you clean your bolt - this is usually the first thing you will lose - I told my bud that was pretty awesome they sent that too - they know you will need it. I let my bud know that was pretty awesome - I don't know of anyone else that does this by default.

Kudos to LaRue - plus they (Mark) are a Calguns sponsor/contributor - which makes it even better.

Regards,
jwest

Arteel
05-18-2009, 9:14 PM
:thumbsup:

Jel
05-18-2009, 9:20 PM
Pretty Awesome!:thumbsup:

Agro
05-18-2009, 9:22 PM
I guess your buddy is like #20 Stealth upper owner in CA now :) Not many people have ordered in CA (I am one), Mark was quoted saying something like 19 were on file with CA addresses (in the last 30-45 days I think the post was). Anyhow, yeah top notch stuff, I have 3 dillos now and 3 dillo dusts :) Gotta find something to use the dust on.

Noobert
05-18-2009, 9:34 PM
Wow, LaRue is definately a priority for me now

U2BassAce
05-18-2009, 9:43 PM
LaRue rocks!!!

Received my first package from them last week. 5 free items came with it. Used some Dillo dust on some chicken last night to test it out! Awesome!:thumbsup:

Have another delivery from them coming this week. I have never been so excited to receive a package! ;)

pottymouth310
05-18-2009, 9:50 PM
+1
LaRue is "Awesome"! they are the definition of customer service! Shortly after Mark LaRue posted on our forum: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=180504 I thought that was pretty nice of him so I gave him my business & bought a mount for my aimpoint from his sight. LaRue Tactical (http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/StoreFront.bok)
It can in the mail today & to my surprise look at all the stuff they sent me! My wife started to get angry at me for buying all this stuff but I have a hard time explaining to her all I bought was the mount.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/skylinegtr4u/CIMG0829.jpg
"the mount" can you believe that?! that's all I bought and they threw in acouple bumper stickers, a Hat, billet bottle opener, and "Dillo Dust" seasoning of some sort.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/skylinegtr4u/CIMG0831.jpg
all I can is they are the best!:thumbsup:

Barney Gumble
05-18-2009, 9:51 PM
So you're saying they're pretty awesome?

Ishoot
05-18-2009, 9:52 PM
I guess your buddy is like #20 Stealth upper owner in CA now :) Not many people have ordered in CA (I am one), Mark was quoted saying something like 19 were on file with CA addresses (in the last 30-45 days I think the post was). Anyhow, yeah top notch stuff, I have 3 dillos now and 3 dillo dusts :) Gotta find something to use the dust on.

Funny that stuff doesn't last much more than a month at my house. :thumbsup:

DanHuuN
05-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Been ordering stuff from LaRue for a year now and received atleast 30 packages containing extra goodies inside. From hats to dillo dust to stickers. Excellent stuff however I have too many of the multi-tools so I just give them away when I get more...

BlackViper
05-18-2009, 10:13 PM
My first AR build is now ~95% together and it has a LaRue 18" Stealth upper that I picked up from a fellow CalGunner here on the board.

I can't wait to hit the range and try it out.

jwest
05-18-2009, 10:20 PM
My bud has some extra dillo tools too and gave me one plus a bumper sticker. :)

jwest
05-18-2009, 10:21 PM
+1
LaRue is "Awesome"! they are the definition of customer service! Shortly after Mark LaRue posted on our forum: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=180504 I thought that was pretty nice of him so I gave him my business & bought a mount for my aimpoint from his sight. LaRue Tactical (http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/StoreFront.bok)
It can in the mail today & to my surprise look at all the stuff they sent me! My wife started to get angry at me for buying all this stuff but I have a hard time explaining to her all I bought was the mount.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/skylinegtr4u/CIMG0829.jpg
"the mount" can you believe that?! that's all I bought and they threw in acouple bumper stickers, a Hat, billet bottle opener, and "Dillo Dust" seasoning of some sort.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/skylinegtr4u/CIMG0831.jpg
all I can is they are the best!:thumbsup:

When I read this I had a little laugh because my wife would have the same exact reaction if she saw all of the extra kudos.

capntroy
05-18-2009, 10:26 PM
It's hard to beat Larue's customer service, before AND after the sale:thumbsup:

818gtiguy
05-18-2009, 10:49 PM
LaRue is the shizzle! GREAT products + great QC + great customer service and free stuff.....What more can you ask for...

bluthandwerk
05-18-2009, 11:22 PM
I ordered my Aimpoint T-1 mount before the great donationing and was frankly astounded by all the schwag (something like $20 worth for a $100 order). I've used the dust several times, and it is quite tasty. The hat's in my rotation (I have a lot of gun/tactical ball caps I got for free, and I try to wear them all at one point or another). And the TBET (tactical beverage entry tool) has performed its duty on many a tasty bottled beverage.

I don't think there's much I need from the site these days, but I always check over there when I'm shopping just in case.

Darklyte27
05-19-2009, 3:02 AM
the rub is alright, i tried it on various foods. im on week 6 of my 6-8 week wait on a stealth upper.

Racer-X
05-19-2009, 3:27 AM

Wow, really? I must have a pretty early one...bought it a year and a half ago. I think the wait time was less than a week back then. I've had absolutely zero problems with mine, after thousands and thousands of rounds. Between the upper, scope mounts, AR parts, and who knows what else, I think I have enough Dillo Dust to last me for several years... :)

jimmiya
05-19-2009, 6:02 AM
Racer-X:
Does your Stealth upper have the M4 feedramps ? Are they cut into the receiver as well?

SubstanceP
05-19-2009, 6:04 AM
the rub is alright, i tried it on various foods. im on week 6 of my 6-8 week wait on a stealth upper.

I hate to break the bad new, but the wait is out to twelve weeks now. :(

trinydex
05-19-2009, 8:19 AM
gotta collect all the hats.

andybtruckin
05-19-2009, 9:31 AM
You're not kidding that LaRue gives away alot of stuff. He runs a contest on arfcom every month where you pick a number from 1-1000 and the winner gets a complete Stealth upper, case, and a bunch of other goodies. Close to $2k worth of stuff. I won the April contest, expecting the goodies to arrive in a month or so.

trinydex
05-19-2009, 11:02 AM
http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=322

oh gosh, more hats. can't keep up.

IsaacGlass
05-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Calgunners,

I took a buddy of mine and my son out to Los Altos yesterday - my bud made a new AR-15 using a LaRue upper with the iron sights - shoots like a dream.

LaRue sends a lot of goodies with what they ship - in addition to the upper, my bud got their machine gun oil, some BBQ seasoning, a bumper sticker, and the LaRue armadillo bottle and can opener multi-tool. Bumper sticker says, "God bless our troops, especially our snipers." Oh, and an extra extractor spring upgrade - I almost forgot. The first time you clean your bolt - this is usually the first thing you will lose - I told my bud that was pretty awesome they sent that too - they know you will need it. I let my bud know that was pretty awesome - I don't know of anyone else that does this by default.

Kudos to LaRue - plus they (Mark) are a Calguns sponsor/contributor - which makes it even better.

Regards,
jwest

Jwest great report, I'll be looking into some LaRue products. Los Gatos is a great shooting range,
I dont think there is another outdoor range like that in the bay area.

r1ghtw1ng
05-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Oh my GOSH, i have got to get one of those "Extremely Rightwing" bumper stickers to put on our Prius. Love the car, hate the image.

trinydex
05-19-2009, 1:01 PM
hahaha that's some funny stuff ^

12gauge12
05-19-2009, 1:21 PM
The dillo dust is pretty good on chicken, not as good on red meat though. I usually marinate the chicken with dillo dust and lemon, then bbq.

Racer-X
05-20-2009, 4:29 AM
Racer-X:
Does your Stealth upper have the M4 feedramps ? Are they cut into the receiver as well?

Sorry, I'll try to take a peek tonight; yesterday was a 16+ hour workday, so I didn't get around to checking...

B Strong
05-20-2009, 5:22 AM
LaRue is excellent.

I ordered one of his tactical trigger snap slings, got it in three days, he threw in some swag as well.

He has my business 100%.

Racer-X
05-25-2009, 7:03 PM
Sorry, I'll try to take a peek tonight; yesterday was a 16+ hour workday, so I didn't get around to checking...

Sorry, heavy slacking going on here. Anyway, my Stealth does not have the M4 cuts, just the standard rifle cuts. Regardless, despite dumping 30 round mags as fast as the CMC trigger will allow, it has never had any sort of failure. So, unless you're mating it to a full-auto setup, I wouldn't let that be a concern...

CHS
05-25-2009, 8:40 PM
Try ordering a lower now :)

Oh wait.. You can't. Larue won't ship them to California.

domokun
05-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Oh my GOSH, i have got to get one of those "Extremely Rightwing" bumper stickers to put on our Prius. Love the car, hate the image.

The "God bless the snipers" one would work well in conjunction with that "Extremely Rightwing" sticker very well. :thumbsup:

cgseanp1
05-25-2009, 11:51 PM

Boo-freakin-hoo

k3nnex
05-26-2009, 12:27 AM
I ordered a Stealth Sniper System! It's going to be 2 months! I want a hat!

SubstanceP
05-26-2009, 6:13 AM

Go back and read the fightfest between Mr. LaRue and some Calgunners. One particular post by LaRue implies you are not correct.

grahlaika
05-26-2009, 6:18 AM
Go back and read the fightfest between Mr. LaRue and some Calgunners. One particular post by LaRue implies you are not correct.

Proof will be in the pudding, so to speak. Until someone actually has a LaRue lower shipped to CA, we won't know for sure. The ole' Reagan doctrine of 'trust but verify' still rings true today for a lot of things.

BONECUTTER
05-26-2009, 9:43 AM

You would be wrong. He might know a bit more seeing as though Larue just told him no on the lower he ordered when they asked for his FFL and found out he was here in CA.

Larue is still a good guy but has not changed his "no lower to CA" policy.

trinydex
05-26-2009, 9:50 AM
how long has it been since the larue donation?

BONECUTTER
05-26-2009, 9:56 AM
how long has it been since the larue donation?

The donation was a few weeks back. bdsmchs was told no last week.

trinydex
05-26-2009, 9:58 AM
so basically... you guys gave him like... 15 days and he still said no. is this surprising?

BONECUTTER
05-26-2009, 10:11 AM
so basically... you guys gave him like... 15 days and he still said no. is this surprising?

closer to 20....but regardless I have never cared. Just giving the facts as they are presented and as of last week Larue still will not ship a lower to CA.