PDA

View Full Version : Question about AR15 Pistol (Noob question)

Backinblack1234
05-18-2009, 5:46 PM
I am confused about AR15 Pistols being single shot. Does that mean it is not
semiauto?I am confused. Does one have to fire one round then pull the charging handle to chamber a new round? Can someone clear this up for me.

Would it be exactly like this in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVfyx1Cvir4

(Minus the highcap detachable magazine)

ke6guj
05-18-2009, 6:00 PM
Yes, it is not semi-auto, and the pistol only holds one round of ammo in the firearm total. One in the chamber, that's it. There is no magazine holding additional rounds.

The reason for this is that single-shot handguns that meets some minimum dimensions are exempt from the Roster, and can sold/transfered through dealers.

Backinblack1234
05-18-2009, 6:07 PM
Thank you for clearing this up.

Jwood562
05-19-2009, 3:27 PM
you just need to dros it as a single shot ie get a bobled magazine for DROSing. then once you have it at home you can just put a 10rd magazine in it.

there is no law saying you cannot convert it to semi auto after DROSing

PM me if you have any other questions

domokun
05-19-2009, 4:26 PM
you just need to dros it as a single shot ie get a bobled magazine for DROSing. then once you have it at home you can just put a 10rd magazine in it.

there is no law saying you cannot convert it to semi auto after DROSing

PM me if you have any other questions

Additionally, you cannot use a stripped lower that has been DROS'd as a long gun in CA to build it. The lower must come into the state fully assembled as a single-shot pistol and DROS'd as a complete single-shot pistol for it to be legal if it isn't purchased via PPT or intra-familial transfer.