PDA

View Full Version : self-defense handgun

Glock619
05-18-2009, 4:53 PM
Since seeing some recent threads on training to become adequate with your firearm, i am highly interested in doing a class or two. Anyone have suggestions for some around San Diego?

was thinking Bill Desy.???

Requiem
05-18-2009, 5:05 PM
You are or you aren't highly interested?

<------confused

Glock619
05-18-2009, 5:08 PM
lol i am interested ill fix it

Recluse
05-18-2009, 5:10 PM
I have taken Bill Desy's Defensive Handgun class and I highly recommend it. Excellent instructor with many different shooting scenarios. :thumbsup:

Glock619
05-18-2009, 5:15 PM
thats what i was hoping on hearing. i took his exposed firearm class. thought he was great

Sam
05-18-2009, 6:27 PM
The money spent on a class with a qualified instructor has been and will probably be among the best money I've ever spent.

Butter
05-19-2009, 9:08 AM
Definitely take a class! As the previous post suggested, it is well worth the money. In my opinion, you do cover lots you might have already known, but just knowing it and not necessarily being forced to practice these things are a different story. Malfunction clearances with snap caps, lines of fire, use of cover, knowing your backstop and what's down range. Low light scenarios and just how you would present from a holster so you don't shoot your other hand. Things well worth taking a class for and re-taking just to secure the basics...again. Not to mention scaring the catsup out of you by touching on the basic legalalities of using a firearm for self-preservation and what that might mean in a criminal and civil court.

In my opinion, competent instruction is a mandatory self-requirement if you want to know how to handle arms competently.

Glock619
05-19-2009, 4:49 PM
cool thanks butter. im now looking for local instructors. might just go to bill, just need ammo and another mag:rolleyes:

thanks a lot again guys

Sam
05-19-2009, 7:38 PM
cool thanks butter. im now looking for local instructors. might just go to bill, just need ammo and another mag:rolleyes:

thanks a lot again guys

Really you need just one more mag? :rolleyes:
When you do take a class make sure to have fun.