PDA

View Full Version : SU-16CA price and availability check.

TonyNorCal
05-16-2005, 5:39 PM
Looking ideally in the North Bay (but whole Bay Area, Sac area also fine)...and people from other areas may also be interested...so post from anywhere.

What are SU-16CAs selling for? And where can I get?

And, does anyone know an online source and what they're going for online? Thanks

bu-bye
05-16-2005, 5:59 PM
I got mine for $565 in the Santa Cruz area (North Monterey bay). I think the price has gone up to $575 but its still lower then most shops I have heard about.

Ducati748r
05-16-2005, 5:59 PM
I'm kinda interested in finding out what one of those cost as well.

Blue
05-16-2005, 6:33 PM
Tony arent you in the Antioch area? When they first came out I believe the Antioch Armory was THE place to buy them.

C.G.
05-16-2005, 7:17 PM
What are SU-16CAs selling for? And where can I get?

And, does anyone know an online source and what they're going for online? Thanks

www.impactguns.com (http://www.impactguns.com) sells them at $514.95, but you will have to wait, they are out of stock.
Markley's in Watsonville sells them for $575.

slomustang
05-16-2005, 9:33 PM
IIRC, Sportsmen's Supply in Campbell has the CA for ~$640 and the C for $499.

C9X19
05-26-2005, 6:34 PM
Originally posted by Jon:

Model C? I don't think so...?

C.G.
05-26-2005, 6:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jon:
http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gifYou must be thinking of A or B; C would be considered an assault weapon in PRK, it can be fired with the stock folded and as such is shorter than allowed by DOJ.

slomustang
05-26-2005, 8:49 PM
Yes, yes, it was the "B" model. I hope I didn't everyone too excited. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Stevil
05-26-2005, 9:23 PM
FYI: Great Outdoors in Sacramento has the SU-16A in "Desert Camo", A SU-16A, SU-16B and they just sold all their SU-16CA's but have more on order. $475 for he A+B's and $595 for the CA (they're selling them like hotcakes).

C.G.
05-26-2005, 10:48 PM
I still have 2 left(out of 12 SU16CA's). SU16CA $599. SU16B(also 2 left) $549. If you want to shoot one I'm going up to Cow Mtn on Sun the 29th. These things are going fast. Let me know.

Jay W.
Purchasing Manager
Montana Hawk
How do you not consider this a commercial post??? http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Out of six posts, twice you are trying to sell guns and in the wrong section to boot. At this point, personally, I would not buy anything from you even if it were wholesale. Why don't you PM Tony instead?

mako72
05-27-2005, 9:40 AM
OK gone. Why do people ask questions if they don't want answers? Shouldn't he have posted in the Firearms for Sale section if that is the appropriate way?

maxicon
05-27-2005, 11:39 AM
I consider it a commercial post when a dealer posts an unsolicited offer to sell a gun, and yes, that kind of thing belongs in the For Sale section.

If someone asks "How much are these going for and where can I get them?" and someone else says "I'm selling them for this much", that seems like a pretty reasonable contribution to the thread. I like to see what the going prices are, personally.

Add in that he offered to let people come out and shoot one, and it's pretty hard to find fault, IMO, but I'm not a moderator or anything.

Just my opinion, FWIW...

C.G.
05-27-2005, 2:58 PM
If someone asks "How much are these going for and where can I get them?" and someone else says "I'm selling them for this much", that seems like a pretty reasonable contribution to the thread. I like to see what the going prices are, personally.
Just imagine every dealer doing that because they can get free advertising; you would then have to sort through threads like you probably have to sort through your e-mail.

I agree with Technical Ted that there should be a separate forum for the dealers and they probably ought to contribute something financially.

maxicon
05-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by cg:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If someone asks "How much are these going for and where can I get them?" and someone else says "I'm selling them for this much", that seems like a pretty reasonable contribution to the thread. I like to see what the going prices are, personally.
Just imagine every dealer doing that because they can get free advertising; you would then have to sort through threads like you probably have to sort through your e-mail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just doesn't seem to be much of a problem, though I'll admit I don't read every thread, and there may be a lot of dealer posts that I'm not seeing. I suppose dealers could start posting shill messages asking for prices that they could then go in and answer. Of course, this would only do them any good if they had very good prices, since the non-dealer part of the community is pretty ready to chime in.

I guess I'm not clear on the difference between an individual answering a specific question vs. a dealer answering the same one. Following a recent post by BigMac in a thread on AR lowers, I asked what they were selling for in his shop, and someone else answered with the price he had paid there. I got the info I asked for, and it didn't matter to me whether it came from BigMac or someone who had just left his shop.

I agree with Technical Ted that there should be a separate forum for the dealers and they probably ought to contribute something financially.

This would make sense for dealers who want to post unsolicited ads, not unlike how it's handled on ar15.com (where dealers are allowed to answer specific posts, despite their very heavy reliance on rules there). I wouldn't mind seeing something like that, though typical dealer prices aren't really something I'm usually interested in. I prefer to buy used from private parties.