PDA

View Full Version : New Fox News Poll On Gun Control

BroncoBob
05-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Fox news has just completed a poll on just where Americans stand on several key issues. One is our favorite subject.

Gun Control

By 47 percent to 34 percent, more Americans think better enforcement of existing gun laws is more likely to decrease gun violence than passage of more laws and restrictions on obtaining guns.

Those in a household where someone owns a gun are even more in favor better enforcement 61 percent to 24 percent.

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from May 12 to May 13. The poll has a 3-point error margin.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520559,00.html

evan69
05-18-2009, 11:34 AM
People need to realize that decreasing gun violence does nothing but make less crimes go bang. Murder, violent crime, assault, and overall crime does not change. Decreasing gun violence should not be their aim, decreasing the actual crime should be.

Blackhawk556
05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
While the survey wasn't conducted by foxnews, they tend to lean towards the right. How about a survey conducted by an independent source or may be even the lefties? I'm not saying these results are fake or anything, it's just that the anti-gunnies won't believe ANYTHING fox says.

I think even the lefties (msnbc) conducted one about a month ago and found something similar. What is the brady bunch saying about these types of surveys? anyone know?

Vtec44
05-18-2009, 11:57 AM
CNN reported something similar a while back, http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/04/08/poll-fewer-american-support-stricter-gun-control-laws/.

N6ATF
05-18-2009, 2:09 PM
Enforcement of existing (more often than not) unconstitutional gun laws. I want to see a majority recognizing that existing gun laws benefitting only criminals should be repealed.

GTXR390
05-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Enforcement of existing (more often than not) unconstitutional gun laws. I want to see a majority recognizing that existing gun laws benefitting only criminals should be repealed.

+1, i totally agree...the laws are good now, but need to repeal some which help out criminals. LIKE HOW I CAN'T CCW legally...boooo on CA.:cool: