PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Complete Bushmaster Open Mag-well Carbon-15 Lower !!!price drop AGAIN!!!

NeoWeird
05-18-2009, 12:48 AM
This was posted several months back, had two buyers say they would take it, one of them flaked and the other wouldn't go through with it unless it was complete. He then dropped off the face of the planet.

So it's back up.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/NeoWeird/BC15-1.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/NeoWeird/BC15-2.jpg

IT IS NOW A COMPLETE LOWER!
Updated pictures as soon as I find my camera (probably tomorrow after work).

Lower parts are all DPMS and Stag (not sure which are which - they were taken from about 3-4 partially used parts kits). Everything is installed except the bolt catch because I can't get my hands on the spring and buffer (though I have the bolt catch and roll pin in hand). Stock is a Tapco 6 position taken off my Rimfire rifle. Stock has been mounted and used lightly so everything is in great shape - castle nut shows some small marks from the tool taking it off the old receiver and the buffer has a nick where it hit the buffer retainer once. All other parts are unused and new.

Transfer at either Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside (preferred) or Cold War Shooters in Highland. Other places need to be cleared with me first.

Asking $450 OBO. Not really interested in trades unless it's retro AR stuff, a Power Custom Series II stoning jig, or a Cav Arms MKII lower.

yellowreef
05-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Wish it was stripped :(

NeoWeird
05-18-2009, 6:07 PM
This is how it currently stands.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/NeoWeird/BC15-3.jpg

Original purchaser wanted to DROS it as a pistol and I had built it up to this point. I was going to make a single shot adapter, afix it in place, and wrap the extension tube in para-cord so all they had to do was slap their upper on it. They have since backed out or just not responded so it's back up.

Stock has never been installed on this receiver. If it will help the sale I will take all the parts back off and sell it as a stripped receiver. Either way, it doesn't matter to me.

ETA: And I am open to offers. Looking to pay off credit card debt so I can consolodate some loans. I'm super open.

ChrisDM
05-18-2009, 6:12 PM
Can this take 6.8SPC or is it 556 only? Thanks,

NeoWeird
05-18-2009, 8:24 PM
It is a standard lower. Bushmaster has produced four variations that I know of. There is the sealed magazine well, there is the pistol (which has a slightly modified rear end, as I understand it, so it can't take a rifle stock), then there is a proprietary system (uses a camming lock on the back. It's the pistol lower modified so it can take special stocks if it's registered as an SBR), and then there is the regular Carbon-15. This is the last and will take ANY standard upper as well as anyother AR-15 part.

It's essentially identical to any other AR-15 style receiver except the material it's made from and the trigger guard is intergal to the lower to solve the problem of people breaking off the tabs when installing the roll pin.

ETA: I'd like to add that these are made of Carbon Fiber NOT the Aramid Nylon that Vulcans are made from. These do NOT suffer from the sensitivity to extended sun exposure, solvents, abbrassion, and stress that Vulcans do and they are reported to be stronger, lighter, and disipate heat better than their 7075 mil-spec lower equivalent.

NeoWeird
05-19-2009, 4:22 PM
Price reduced. I need this thing to move.

CreativeReason
05-20-2009, 4:05 PM
Where are you located?

NeoWeird
05-20-2009, 4:37 PM
Where are you located?

SoCal. Transfer prefered at Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside or Cold War Shooters in Highland, as explained in the first post.

This can also be shipped, and I would be willing to do this so long as everything is done legally (ie straight to the dealer, signature required, etc). Receiving end will need to be responsible for assembling it in a legal fashion.

NeoWeird
05-21-2009, 4:31 PM
Price dropped again.

Like I said, I need to get some money in the next month or so, so I will consider all serious cash or trade+cash offers.

NeoWeird
05-21-2009, 4:53 PM
Who ever said I DROSed it?

There are legal ways to get stripped receivers in this state that are not DROSed.

Richy
05-21-2009, 4:59 PM
Who ever said I DROSed it?

There are legal ways to get stripped receivers in this state that are not DROSed.

DROS is CA sure either way it still goes to an FFL in any State. So you are telling me that in whatever state it was you received it in that you magically didn't have to fill the form out and it's not logged in as a rifle?

NeoWeird
05-21-2009, 5:07 PM
DROS is CA sure either way it still goes to an FFL in any State. So you are telling me that in whatever state it was you received it in that you magically didn't have to fill the form out and it's not logged in as a rifle?

Again, there are methods of legal transfer that do NOT require DROSing, such as intra-family transfer.

Besides, I never said I was selling this is a pistol, I said the original buyer wanted to buy it as a pistol and he backed out. What people do with their own firearms is their business, I can't make anyone do or not do anything. So long as I follow the law, that's all I'm concerned about, which is why I said everything must be done to the letter of the law.

At this point, you're condesending posts are bordering on thread crapping. So if you have nothing usefull to add then please stop trying to pick a fight.

Richy
05-21-2009, 5:12 PM
Not picking a fight, was just trying to clarify some things.
Free bump.

FNG TJ
05-21-2009, 11:29 PM
PM sent :)