PDA

View Full Version : Inglewood Police Kill "Armed Suspect"

CavTrooper
05-17-2009, 9:40 PM
http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/Inglewood_Police_Kill_Armed_Suspect_20090517

"Witnesses told a freelance video crew that four Inglewood officers opened fire on an unarmed man at close range, striking him at least four times in the back, and that an officer was struck by "friendly fire."

This should get interesting.

Either that or it'll get swept under the rug.

glbtrottr
05-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Inglewood Police have a very special habit of killing the unarmed.

As much as I dislike the LA Times, here's the recent article:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-inglewood28-2008dec28,0,2459345.story

*What* is *up* with those boys?

Some doozies:

"Officers in the neighboring city of Hawthorne, for example, have shot and killed one unarmed suspect since 2003. Hawthorne, which has a crime rate similar to Inglewood's, has half as many police officers and four-fifths the population of Inglewood."

"A report by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department -- which patrols an area with a population more than 20 times larger than Inglewood's -- shows that deputies have killed fewer unarmed people than have Inglewood police since 2005."

"One woman alleged that officers shot her with a Taser twice after she kicked out a patrol car's rear window while handcuffed and hyperventilating in the back seat. After shocking her, she claimed, the officers asked, "Did you like that?" She collected $95,000. A man who claimed a sergeant stunned him with a Taser at the police station and said it was for biting an officer was paid $55,000."
"Sanchez wrote that Williams, 5 feet 7 and about 160 pounds, took a step toward Rodriguez with his fists clenched. Sanchez said he shot Williams with the Taser, striking him in the genitals and stomach. He said he used the electric current three times before Williams calmed down.

The department's policy prohibits officers from firing Tasers at a suspect's genitals."

Fry em. Plenty of decent people out there willing to do righteous police work. No need to have overeager pogues abusing the brass pass...

Table Rock Arms
05-18-2009, 9:10 AM
Happy birthday from the Inglewood Police Department.

Erik S. Klein
05-18-2009, 9:50 AM
Either that or it'll get swept under the rug.

It always does.

Anything a cop does on duty is, by default, legal.

Glock22Fan
05-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Four shots in the back? Who was he threatening? Apparently not the officers who fired.

I'm not anti-police -- far from it -- and that doesn't necessarily make it a bad shooting, but there's some facts missing before I can make a judgement.

Corbin Dallas
05-18-2009, 10:05 AM
"One woman alleged that officers shot her with a Taser twice after she kicked out a patrol car's rear window while handcuffed and hyperventilating in the back seat. After shocking her, she claimed, the officers asked, "Did you like that?" She collected $95,000.

I'd fine her for destruction of property to the tune of $100,000

Why are we paying criminals to act like criminals? This lady kicked out the window while handcuffed and was obviously out of control. What's the officer supposed to do, let her? For all I care, drop a can of OC in the back seat and let her suffer.

A man who claimed a sergeant stunned him with a Taser at the police station and said it was for biting an officer was paid $55,000."

Really? Let's see what happens when the OFFICER bites the suspect. Maybe the suspect will pay the OFFICER $55k for each bite. Can you say infectious disease???