PDA

View Full Version : Don't vote for Paul Koretz on Tuesday

Tanner68
05-17-2009, 7:19 PM
I don't know where Vahedi is on 2A issues, but Paul Koretz's position is clear.

"PAUL KORETZ worked on the first initiative drive to ban handguns in 1974; was the statewide proponent of a handgun control effort in 1979; authored West Hollywood’s ban on assault weapons; jointly authored West Hollywood’s landmark ban on “Saturday Night Specials”; chaired the California State Assembly Select Committee on Gun Violence; and authored the law banning .50 caliber sniper rifles in California."
(http://paulkoretz.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=29)

If you are voting in LA City Council 5th District tomorrow, let's get rid of Paul Koretz. I remember when this jackass tried to ban hunting with dogs.

CCWFacts
05-17-2009, 7:33 PM
Yeah, if you're in LA in his district, do not vote for that dog. He's a foaming-at-the-mouth gun banner, and LA City Council is often a stepping-stone to bigger positions, like state-level positions.

VOTE FOR ANY BUT PAUL KORETZ if you're in his district.

bwiese
05-17-2009, 8:36 PM
"PAUL KORETZ worked on.... authored the law banning .50 caliber sniper
rifles in California."

(I am speaking as an individual and not as a CGF board member here...)

Koretz' AB50 50BMG rifle ban will be, for practical purposes, mooted fairly shortly for at least one or more common makes/models.

It will not depend on pacing of court cases - though an integrated Heller + Nordyke- based strategy would of course be used on a any proposed or passed legislative attack on this method in response.

We'll be shooting certain newly-acquired real 50BMGs in CA within 6 months max, perhaps even in half that time, and it will be entirely legal. ( This is not the "Ma Deuce" pintle-mount non-shoulder-fired non-rifle exemption.)

I'd like to say "Two weeks" but realistically this is gonna take a bit of time and perhaps some separate funding.

Any harrassment of these new 50BMG owners under bad readings of 12280PC et seq. by DOJ or local LEs/DAs will let us have some real fun.

'Nuff said, relax, don't ask a zillion questions. (For those that know, please stay "knowing".)

ChrisSig
05-17-2009, 8:52 PM
^ Oooohhhhh! I'm excited now.

E Pluribus Unum
05-17-2009, 8:56 PM
ohhhhhhh.. now if I only had $3500 to buy a real 50BMG!

383green
05-17-2009, 9:03 PM
This is not the "Ma Deuce" pintle-mount non-shoulder-fired non-rifle exemption.

I suppose that I could de-register my model FU-KORETZ-50 based on that exemption, but somehow I like the official recognition, documentation and sanction of that model name. :devil2:

gunsmith
05-17-2009, 9:18 PM
bwiese, that's great sir...can I still despise that creep Koretz? Please?

ChrisSig
05-17-2009, 10:17 PM
ohhhhhhh.. now if I only had $3500 to buy a real 50BMG!

Not to create thread drift, but.... http://www.bohicaarms.com/far50_features.html

$1,295 bro! :cool: