PDA

View Full Version : Who will give up their arms?

hawk81
05-17-2009, 6:23 PM
So when the government passes a law to give up their semi-automatic arms, who will give them up? I for one will not, over my dead body. You hear that government? Who is with me?

Erik S. Klein
05-17-2009, 6:25 PM
I am.

ZombieKiller
05-17-2009, 6:28 PM
S***.....I went fishing this wknd and accidentally dropped them all overboard.
Oh well......

mister dize
05-17-2009, 6:44 PM
Is there a point to this thread?

evan69
05-17-2009, 6:48 PM
S***.....I went fishing this wknd and accidentally dropped them all overboard.
Oh well......

I was on the boat with this guy, he dropped my guns too... :D

DDT
05-17-2009, 6:55 PM

I suppose to get people to claim they would violate the law if...

hawk81
05-17-2009, 6:57 PM
Yeah, who is a man, and who is not.

drexotic
05-17-2009, 7:06 PM
What guns?

05-17-2009, 7:09 PM
I am not saying that you fall into this category hawk81, but it has been my experience in life (especially on the internet), people who make these statements are the first to give in.:rolleyes:

Funny you mention that this thread is to prove who is a "man" or not, yet when I first read this I figured it was posted by a teenager. As far as this statement goes, I really do not feel the need to prove I am a "man" to a bunch of guys on an internet forum.

SgtDinosaur
05-17-2009, 7:10 PM
How many people want a big red Homeland Security target on their foreheads?

bussda
05-17-2009, 7:11 PM
This thread reminds of the story about when three people sit down to talk politics in communist countries; two are secret police and the third is naive.

And when they ask you why you have all that ammo? That you purchased a month ago?

Go buy a single shot pistol, like a Thompson Center Contender, get a barrel made in that caliber, so you can state it is for my single shot pistol. And yes, I shoot a great deal.

edward
05-17-2009, 7:11 PM
:TFH:

deebix
05-17-2009, 7:20 PM
I was on the boat with this guy, he dropped my guns too... :D

Actually look, here is the truth. So we were somewhat drunk, NOT A LOT, but a little, and this bigass alligator capsized us during our montly firearms cleaning ritual. We barely got out of the water with our pants still on :whistling:

MrSlippyFist
05-17-2009, 7:21 PM
FINALLY! Been waiting for a thread to cover this subject....

Fat_Rat
05-17-2009, 7:31 PM
Actually look, here is the truth. So we were somewhat drunk, NOT A LOT, but a little, and this bigass alligator capsized us during our montly firearms cleaning ritual. We barely got out of the water with our pants still on :whistling:

Yes I remember that. All my guns were lost :(

SkatinJJ
05-17-2009, 7:34 PM
So when the government passes a law to give up their semi-automatic arms, who will give them up? I for one will not, over my dead body. You hear that government? Who is with me?

I'd like to avoid the thread crapping restrictions, so I'll leave it at:

I'm not "With" you. My government hears me through my Representative, Congressman Wally Herger, The NRA, CGF, and anyone else willing to do something now rather than sit around asking about who's going to wait for the government to be in gross violation of the constitution, and THEN try to resist.

Grow up.

mister dize
05-17-2009, 7:36 PM

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/b9/Internet_Tough_Guy.png

Warning: internet tough guys ahead.
This is why the antis think we're nuts, people.

Fate
05-17-2009, 7:36 PM
Without both of my arms I couldn't hug my children at night. So, I will keep my arms. It's for the children. :p

evan69
05-17-2009, 7:53 PM
Without both of my guns I couldn't hug my children at night. So, I will keep my guns. It's for the children. :p

It kinda makes some roundabout sense... :D

HowardW56
05-17-2009, 8:08 PM
Without both of my arms I couldn't hug my children at night. So, I will keep my arms. It's for the children. :p

OK, you can keep your fingers too

anthonyca
05-17-2009, 8:08 PM
People like to talk tough about this but the fact is the vast majority of people who say they will not give up their guns will do so. When it gets to that point they will not say "please relinquish your firearms" and leave it at that.

They will make you a criminal for not complying and your name will be on a no work or buy list. Like a marked Jew in Germany, an enemy of Sadam, a Cuban fighting against the Russians and Castro ect. Anyone who sells food to feed you or your family or gives you employment will also be punished so you will have no help. You have to look at history and how they did this in other places.

jlchavis0844
05-17-2009, 8:38 PM

I've never heard of a gun ban that didn't grandfather in the weapons.

mean72nova
05-17-2009, 8:53 PM
my neighbor?

wildhawker
05-17-2009, 8:54 PM
Why is this in 2A and not in General or Off-Topic?

SubstanceP
05-17-2009, 9:06 PM
People like to talk tough about this but the fact is the vast majority of people who say they will not give up their guns will do so. When it gets to that point they will not say "please relinquish your firearms" and leave it at that.

They will make you a criminal for not complying and your name will be on a no work or buy list. Like a marked Jew in Germany, an enemy of Sadam, a Cuban fighting against the Russians and Castro ect. Anyone who sells food to feed you or your family or gives you employment will also be punished so you will have no help. You have to look at history and how they did this in other places.

I've been on this rock a few spins around the sun. That's not the impression I have of Americans.

Roadrunner
05-17-2009, 9:36 PM
I suspect the OP realizes the gov't monitors these threads and wants to send a signal to the powers that be that it isn't going to be easy to confiscate Americans guns. OP correct me if I am wrong.

Since the Presidential election America has bought enough guns and ammo to outfit the Chinese army 3 times over. Well, common sense would dictate that even if there was an Australian type confiscation here there would still be enough arms to outfit the Chinese army at least once, as these arms would be cached and hidden. Keep in mind America is *still* panic buying guns and ammo seven months after the election. Those millions of buried guns is a good thing, as they will prevent Stalinistic type mass murders by the gov't in America and I think that was the original idea of the 2A.

I'm glad you brought the buying of arms and ammo up. I spoke to a friend today who went to the gun show in Ontario, and he said that the vendors were pissed because everyone was buying ammo and not guns. So, the panic buying continues.

jamesob
05-17-2009, 9:46 PM
it will be the law, you don't want to break the law do you?

lioneaglegriffin
05-17-2009, 9:53 PM

man? sexist! :p women can shoot feds same as a man. :chris:

anyway targeted raids of protest and ambushes would be better IMO than getting your house shot into swiss cheese.

Mr.Pickles
05-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I suspect the OP realizes the gov't monitors these threads and wants to send a signal to the powers that be that it isn't going to be easy to confiscate Americans guns. OP correct me if I am wrong.

Since the Presidential election America has bought enough guns and ammo to outfit the Chinese army 3 times over. Well, common sense would dictate that even if there was an Australian type confiscation here there would still be enough arms to outfit the Chinese army at least once, as these arms would be cached and hidden. Keep in mind America is *still* panic buying guns and ammo seven months after the election. Those millions of buried guns is a good thing, as they will prevent Stalinistic type mass murders by the gov't in America and I think that was the original idea of the 2A.

could have not said it better. I will protect my rights till death. No joke

bussda
05-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Have you guys heard of the three percenters? Go search Sipsey Street Irregulars...

ColetheGun
05-18-2009, 12:02 AM
this is what i say every day when people ask me this. "when the government comes to take my guns, i will give them all of my bullets."

proudamerican831
05-18-2009, 12:29 AM
deleted

N6ATF
05-18-2009, 12:43 AM

The government will have to saw them off. I don't think I can do it for them.

Texas Boy
05-18-2009, 1:02 AM
OK, no one is coming for your guns anytime soon. And if it did happen, years from now - Heller overturned, change in political climate, etc - it wouldn't be this epic stand off that some predict.

History and logic tells us it would happen SLOWLY - kinda like the AWCA here at home - where you had a deadline to turn in or register a particular class of weapon. If you failed to do so, nothing happened - but you were technically a felon and run the risk that a fire, burglary or other event would cause the police to discover your now illegal firearm. After military style guns it might be handguns, then finally all long guns. Look at the UK for an example how it was done - registration, then surrender a particular class of weapon, then another, until there were none left.

Divide and conquer - these governments took steps that they claimed were "reasonable" and were palatable to a majority of their population at the time. Death by a thousand tinny cuts, or slowly cooking the frog - pick your favorite analogy.

In such a climate, anyone making a Molan Labe stand looks like a fringe lunatic. And no matter how you fortify your castle you will ultimately loose a standoff with government LE.

The only real way to fight this battle is in the courts - here and now - which is what the Calguns foundation is all about. Building a series of logical arguments and case law that creates an iron clad 2A deeply routed in our culture. Anything else just makes us look like out of touch wackos clinging to the past....

Dr. Peter Venkman
05-18-2009, 1:19 AM
Last time I heard banter like this was back shortly before Pickett led a charge.

gunsmith
05-18-2009, 3:28 AM
Originally Posted by hawk81 View Post

huh? wha?

Personally, I want the government to give up their guns.
Its mine I wish to keep.

We had this thing a few years back, it was called Katrina, everybody simply turned their gun in when requested...where were all the interweb tough guys when you needed them?

gunsmith
05-18-2009, 3:33 AM
OK, no one is coming for your guns anytime soon. And if it did happen, years from now - Heller overturned, change in political climate, etc - it wouldn't be this epic stand off that some predict.

History and logic tells us it would happen SLOWLY - kinda like the AWCA here at home - where you had a deadline to turn in or register a particular class of weapon. If you failed to do so, nothing happened - but you were technically a felon and run the risk that a fire, burglary or other event would cause the police to discover your now illegal firearm. After military style guns it might be handguns, then finally all long guns. Look at the UK for an example how it was done - registration, then surrender a particular class of weapon, then another, until there were none left.

Divide and conquer - these governments took steps that they claimed were "reasonable" and were palatable to a majority of their population at the time. Death by a thousand tinny cuts, or slowly cooking the frog - pick your favorite analogy.

In such a climate, anyone making a Molan Labe stand looks like a fringe lunatic. And no matter how you fortify your castle you will ultimately loose a standoff with government LE.

The only real way to fight this battle is in the courts - here and now - which is what the Calguns foundation is all about. Building a series of logical arguments and case law that creates an iron clad 2A deeply routed in our culture. Anything else just makes us look like out of touch wackos clinging to the past....

there you go again, being all calm and reasonable...I bet you're
over 14 years old and do not get your info about guns from playstaion 3 or whatever it is the kids are playing with111!!!
=D

colossians323
05-18-2009, 4:47 AM

What if I am a woman?:p

Nessal
05-18-2009, 4:49 AM
I've been on this rock a few spins around the sun. That's not the impression I have of Americans.

Then you haven't been in CA long enough.

Erik S. Klein
05-18-2009, 7:05 AM
I suppose to get people to claim they would violate the law if...

The Second Amendment is the law of the land. Unless it is repealed then no gun laws are legal.

Not the AWB, not the magazine limits, not the approved gun list, not registration. . .

None of it is Constitutional.

Anyone opposing any of these is not, in fact, breaking the law.

Libertarian
05-18-2009, 8:59 AM
If long guns are not registered, who in the government knows you have a semi auto rifle? Why would you tell them?

DROS. Buy your guns and move. I wonder what happened to the people in the wake of katrina who locked their house tight, had a firearm in hand and didn't open the door for the police/military.

4thSeal
05-18-2009, 9:12 AM
says the guy with the Molon Labe sig pic :)

SgtDinosaur
05-18-2009, 9:23 AM
says the guy with the Molon Labe sig pic :)

Ha! There's a good chance that target is/will be me, but not because of what I post on the internet. :TFH:

Glock22Fan
05-18-2009, 9:24 AM
I've never heard of a gun ban that didn't grandfather in the weapons.

Then you don't know much about history, especially in other countries.

bwiese
05-18-2009, 9:26 AM
Then you don't know much about history, especially in other countries.

Or New York (City).

nicki
05-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Gun Control is all about People Control.

Banning Semi Autos is about everntually stripping us of our ability to enforce our right of self determination.

Now, if the government bans semi autos, many of us will be non compliant, but what are we going to do.

Some of us may be victims of theft, our guns were stolen before we got a chance to surrender them:rolleyes:

The point is when the ban goes into place, they will probably have severe penalties for non compliance.

For example, if they find a semi auto in your house, your car, the government seizes your house or your car.

They don't have to put you in jail, they will just put you on the street. They don't have to criminally charge you, they can just steal your assetts.

The truth is most of us have filled out 4473 forms.

Wanna bet the government wouldn't back track from the manufacturer to the dealers to track down to whiom semi autos were sold to.

Will the government get everyone, no, but they will get most of us.

In the event that we have a total gun ban, the only way to keep guns would be if the guns had no record of their existence.

I personally don't want to buy unpapered guns because I am not going to risk being tied to a stolen gun or one that has been used in a crime.

In the event of a total gun ban, I'm stuck. I either have to turn them in or lose them. I will not be able to keep them in my house or transport them in my car.

I'm sure that we would be tagged so we will experience more traffic stops with unwarranted searches.

All the more reason to get involved so that we won't have to deal with this problem in the first place.

Prevention is the key. If more gun owners actually got involved in doing something, post like this wouldn't even come up.

Nicki

proudamerican831
05-18-2009, 12:32 PM
deleted

grahlaika
05-18-2009, 1:21 PM
I think all my guns (not that I have any...) will get stolen or lost if that happens.

West coast
05-18-2009, 1:23 PM
What guns???????????

oddball
05-18-2009, 1:45 PM
Gun Control is all about People Control.

Bingo.

A quote from a passage from one of life's most amazing books, Atlas Shrugged written by Ayn Rand in 1957. Dr Ferris, a shady government looter says:

We're after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you better get wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted-and you create a nation of law-breakers-and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr Rearden...

CAL.BAR
05-18-2009, 2:03 PM
Until I see Hawk or other CG's parading around with their unregistered AW's I'll reserve comment

AEC1
05-18-2009, 2:19 PM

Um, if you are a member of this forum, someone is watching you. Might not have the target yet, but I can assure you that this place is monitered...

mossy
05-18-2009, 3:30 PM

yeah, the government is reading this so they know who will go quietly, and who they will have to kill on sight.......

SubstanceP
05-18-2009, 4:30 PM
Then you haven't been in CA long enough.

uhhh....

CA = America?

I think not.

pssstt....been here a long time. too long. when i retire, i'm back to the desert.

anthonyca
05-18-2009, 5:30 PM
Or New York (City).

This fact came up in conversation of which guns were not even the subject. Most of the people just rolled their eyes and said "they can't do that, you gun nuts and your conspiracy theories".

It is funny to me that for stating a fact we were labeled as "conspiracy theorist" even though I was explaining the strides CGF and SAF have made and how this would be exponentially more difficult today but that would not stop some politicians from trying.

CaliforniaLiberal
05-18-2009, 5:36 PM
Warning, Blatant Thread Highjack.

So, if there are 200 million firearms in America (or so), How many firearms do you think are buried or otherwise Very Well Hidden?

CL

The Wingnut
05-18-2009, 5:40 PM
I don't own any semi autos. :rolleyes:

BKinzey
05-18-2009, 5:44 PM
Am I a girly-man if I can only give a ****? :innocent:

rorschach
05-18-2009, 5:47 PM
What firearms?? I lost everything in an unfortunate swimming pool fire last month.

bm-bill
05-18-2009, 5:49 PM
If I give up my arms I won't have anything to hold my guns with.

elSquid
05-18-2009, 6:02 PM
Um, if you are a member of this forum, someone is watching you. Might not have the target yet, but I can assure you that this place is monitered...

I, for one, welcome our new semi-auto confiscating, gun forum lurking overlords.

-- Michael

Theseus
05-18-2009, 6:03 PM
I like my arms. Without them how would I eat, drink, or pleasure my...wife?

JohnJW
05-18-2009, 6:36 PM

I agree. I will be very tempted, and very likely will take a stand just out of sheer anger if I see government confiscation crew going house to house seizing "illegal" weapons, but it's not going to happen that way. It'll be slow and gradual and the best defense is through the courts rather than the streets.

I'll worry more about not having enough kids taking up the shooting sport or hunting before I worry about armed resistance.

MikeinnLA
05-18-2009, 6:54 PM
My government hears me through my Representative

Where do YOU live?? :rofl2:

Mike

calnurse
05-18-2009, 6:57 PM
i don't speak and understand english

sorensen440
05-18-2009, 6:58 PM
I would not give up my guns and would fight if I had to

dwa
05-18-2009, 7:03 PM
the first rule of fight club...

Joe
05-18-2009, 7:22 PM
What guns?

lol x2

badicedog
05-18-2009, 8:08 PM
the first rule of fight club...
1+++:thumbsup:

SkatinJJ
05-18-2009, 8:19 PM
Where do YOU live?? :rofl2:

Mike

I live on the free side of the state, Shasta county. 2nd Congressional District. Lead pipe lock on our conservative vote.

LA's gotten so twisted up in the congressional districts that it looks like gerrymandering could take a lesson from SoCal.

(oh yeah, great sig line)

DDT
05-18-2009, 8:19 PM
I like my arms. Without them how would I eat, drink, or pleasure my...wife?

I'm sure she'll reach into your wallet for you. No hands required.

SkatinJJ
05-18-2009, 8:26 PM
i don't speak and understand english

Really?

They'll make you governor for that? :rolleyes:

Theseus
05-18-2009, 9:09 PM
I'm sure she'll reach into your wallet for you. No hands required.

Please. . . right now my arms are worth more than my wallet. I have someone else in my pocket right now. . . Goes by the title ADA.

DDT
05-18-2009, 9:16 PM
Please. . . right now my arms are worth more than my wallet. I have someone else in my pocket right now. . . Goes by the title ADA.

From your lips......

We're all pulling for you.

KCM222
05-18-2009, 11:36 PM
This fact came up in conversation of which guns were not even the subject. Most of the people just rolled their eyes and said "they can't do that, you gun nuts and your conspiracy theories".

How did it go down in New York? School this noob please.

KWA-S
05-19-2009, 12:24 AM
I'll worry more about not having enough kids taking up the shooting sport or hunting before I worry about armed resistance.

But, there's, like, no Facebook outside. And its all dirty and gross.

gunsmith
05-19-2009, 3:11 AM
Um, I never heard of NYC confiscation, can anyone elaborate si vous plait?

rrr70
05-19-2009, 6:04 AM

Aren't we already have it?
Remember what DHS said? Gun owner=Extremist.

r08ert209cali
05-19-2009, 6:24 AM
oh shoot this a nasty gun forum? I must have typed in the wrong address I would never own anything like a firearm. I thought we where talkin fishin poles:whistling::oops:

CowboyShooter
05-19-2009, 8:08 AM
without my arms, I can't hold my guns, so no... I will NOT give up my arms.

Edit... No I did not read all of the answers, so yes, this has been said before.... sorry.

:thumbsup:

TheBundo
05-19-2009, 9:20 AM

Losing my Semi's wouldn't be a big deal to me, except for the principle. I'm an old-fashioned guy, with revolvers, pump, bolt, lever-action, etc., being my favorites.

Bugei
05-19-2009, 9:58 AM
Am I being detained? Am I free to go?

Bobshouse
05-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Two months after the announcement that the USA is gun free, the commies will wipe us off the map. We will depend upon the USA military and the criminals who kept their guns to defend us.

I prefer to defend myself and my country.

Futurecollector
05-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Haha, all of who will do nothing if it really happens I lol at some of you :D....

Dr. Peter Venkman
05-19-2009, 11:22 AM
They'll have to pry them from my cold, dead claws.

http://www.demopolislive.com/gallery/images/1/1_the_right_to_bear_arms.jpg

berto
05-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Nobody here has guns. It's all theoretical discussion.

RANDO
05-21-2009, 6:01 PM
I dont have guns, I come here to read the posts. sorta like playboy and the articles.

JohnBrian
05-21-2009, 9:18 PM

Very well put! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

AaronHorrocks
05-21-2009, 10:03 PM
DEATH FIRST!

KylaGWolf
05-21-2009, 10:14 PM

lol well I am not a man. But would I give up my guns NO WAY IN HELL!

Rem222
05-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Losing my Semi's wouldn't be a big deal to me, except for the principle. I'm an old-fashioned guy, with revolvers, pump, bolt, lever-action, etc., being my favorites.

After they take your Semi's they will be back for your revolvers, pump, bolt, lever-action, etc...

vrand
05-21-2009, 10:38 PM

:cheers2:

KylaGWolf
05-21-2009, 11:02 PM
To the person that made the comment they powers that be monitor this site yep they do they monitor a whole lot of sites they think that anyone that may not agree may be. You became a target the day you registered on this site.

Someone else mentioned why this thread was even on this forum. That one is easy because IF something like this were ever to happen it would be a 2A situation plain and simple.

Niki made a great point its more about people control. Now while I bought my gun this year wasn't so much fear of govt although I do have a healthy fear of it. It came down to having the money at the same time as finding the gun i liked and would be easy enough for me to use. And after all the looking I did I won't give it up willingly.

Someone else mentioned what happened after Katrina. That could very well happen anywhere there is a natural disaster of any kind. I have considered what I would do with my weapons if something were to happen and we had to evacuate. In all honesty I would probably toss them in the trunk to go where we do.

crazy
05-21-2009, 11:26 PM

Kinda not luukin at da big pictcha, areya?

They won't take all the guns at once. They will start with the ones you don't care about first. Then they come for yours.

In case people have not seen this yet, please do. Watch it all the way through. A little scary with some of the similarities. Listen VERY carefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAQOUi6ec&feature=quicklist

Pay attention at 8:30

N6ATF
05-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Those millions of buried guns is a good thing, as they will prevent Stalinistic type mass murders by the gov't in America and I think that was the original idea of the 2A.

Don't think Stalin was born yet.
:rolleyes: