PDA

View Full Version : Why don't I see many cars with NRA Stickers?

Go Packers!
05-17-2009, 1:21 PM
I read a report last week that the NRA is claiming approximately 4 million members. I am curious why most members don't display their NRA bumper sticker on their car? I display mine on my back window of my truck, but I rarely see any others around town. Now, I do live in the liberal Bay Area, so I'm guessing it's different in other areas.

Don't like the look?
Don't want to put stickers on your car?
Unwritten code not to display that you are a gun owner (that I do not know of)?
Don't want dirty looks from non-gunners?
Lost the sticker or the dog ate it?

Just a curiosity I have had for some time.

cracktheskye
05-17-2009, 1:22 PM
I just threw mine up on my Corolla last week!

jptsr1
05-17-2009, 1:24 PM
i don't put stickers on my car, it looks trashy to me. bad enough im cursed to drive around in an accord, i don't need to make it worse by turning it into a billboard. also, i could give a rats rear what others think about my affiliations pro or anti.

383green
05-17-2009, 1:33 PM
I see lots of cars every day which are plastered with stickers advertising the driver's favorite cause, political party, religion, etc. Generally, I also think that they look trashy, and I get the impression that the driver is insecure enough about their beliefs that they feel the need to evangelize in order to justify and support them. However, I think it's rare that a viewer of one of these rolling billboards will be swayed to change their mind about anything based on them.

I just don't feel the need to advertise my opinions about things on my vehicle like that. Ok, maybe I'm a bit of a pot calling the kettle black with my ham radio callsign on my license plate, on my truck festooned with antennas connected to radios which are almost always turned off... :whistling:

mofugly13
05-17-2009, 1:33 PM
I have a CRPA sticker on my Blazer, and was once asked by an LEO if I had any firearms on board because of it.

MikeinnLA
05-17-2009, 1:35 PM
1. Because it costs a FORTUNE to re-paint a Porsche after it gets keyed.

2. I use both my cars for business and it has always been my policy to not broadcast my political or other views to clients.

Mike

donstarr
05-17-2009, 1:46 PM
The only "membership" emblem on my vehicle is my "Turbo Diesel Register" receiver cover.

In my geographic area, I (perhaps irrationally) fear that I would risk "vandalism" if I overtly express any "radical right wing" political views - which, around here, would likely include NRA membership and making financial contributions to organizations like calguns.

greenpea76
05-17-2009, 1:49 PM
I live in LA. I'd rather not announce that I have interest or proudly display my interest due to the fact that there are so many thieves and gangbangers thinking I may have a firearm in the vehicle awaiting their ownership. Its a pain dealing with vandals period when it comes to anything you own.

Its the same as if you were to have a bunch of car audio stickers advertising you may have an expensive sound system and calling the bad guys out to "come steal me". Plus, not advertising keeps law enforcement from questioning me any further than they need to when I get stopped.

gcvt
05-17-2009, 1:51 PM
I can only speak for San Francisco.

You see, here in the city, the Second Amendment does not exist - no one has ever heard of it. Secondly, the First Amendment only exists if you're exercising it to praise the Messiah.

I have never once seen an NRA sticker in San Francisco in the entire 16 years I've lived here. Not a single one.

elSquid
05-17-2009, 1:55 PM
Do you know how much it costs to get a 10 year old Honda Accord with peeling paint re-painted after it has been keyed?

Seriously, I need to know. I want to get it repainted.

Now, as far as the NRA sticker goes... I can't be bothered to put it on.

-- Michael

NRAhighpowershooter
05-17-2009, 2:24 PM
my truck sports a NRA life decal, a CRPA life decal, and my CalGuns decal...

Josh3239
05-17-2009, 2:27 PM
Mostly don't want my car vandalized. I do keep my NRA stickers in my safe, should I ever move out of this state I will probably be slapping those stickers on.

gregorylucas
05-17-2009, 2:34 PM
Mostly I don't do it for a few reasons:

1) I own a business and I don't advertise my politics to customers unless they want to engage me in a civil conversation.

2) I don't like the way bumper stickers look on cars.

3) Finally, my truck has enough scratchs from me. I don't need some hippie up here in Norcal either breaking out a window or keying my car because they count the bill of rights by going 1, 3, 4, 5...:)

Greg

clonepsi
05-17-2009, 2:39 PM
Dont want to give away my tactical advantage...

JDay
05-17-2009, 2:49 PM
3) Finally, my truck has enough scratchs from me. I don't need some hippie up here in Norcal either breaking out a window or keying my car because they count the bill of rights by going 1, 3, 4, 5...:)

Greg

Just put the job section of the paper, a shower and a pair of hair clippers in the back of the truck. That stuff is like kryptonite to hippies. :rofl2:

AndrewMendez
05-17-2009, 2:51 PM
I have mine on my car, but i think people just dont want to promote it!

foxtrotuniformlima
05-17-2009, 2:54 PM
My cousin had his truck broken into and firearms taken.

He had a NRA sticker. He does not live in CA.

If you always drive to and from the range, never stopping for any reason, then I suppose you have nothing to worry about.

Window_Seat
05-17-2009, 2:56 PM
It's like putting brake lights on a car in the NASCAR circuit. You're giving away the advantage you have when you are trying to win, and you don't want the others to know how you slow down in the corners.

Erik.

sfpcservice
05-17-2009, 3:03 PM
I don't want the Police to have a reason to ask if there is a gun in my car.

lrdchivalry
05-17-2009, 3:08 PM
As others have said I don't want my car damaged for displaying an NRA sticker, I also do not want to draw attention to my house if someone notices the sticker, IMHO you set yourself up to get burglarized.

tombinghamthegreat
05-17-2009, 3:09 PM
I have one on mine but then again i have a crappy van i go to school with, not like i care if someone damages the car. If i do have a gun in my car when i am not at school it is usually a cheap shotgun, one i can replace if it gets stolen.

Not to mention this is CA, 2nd amendment fans are not a majority here.

mhho
05-17-2009, 3:14 PM
>Unwritten code not to display that you are a gun owner (that I do not know of)?

Don't want to advertise I am a gun owner and possibly may have a gun(s) in this vehicle or at home where I park to avoid being a crime target.

Don't want to alarm nervous cops unnecessarily on the road or at road side meetings.

sgtlmj
05-17-2009, 3:18 PM
My vehicle spends 95% of its life in a parking space. I don't want anything on it that may draw attention to it as to the possible contents.

SC_Chewy
05-17-2009, 3:20 PM
trust me, this is correct. MIAC report.......

gunsmith
05-17-2009, 3:28 PM
I went overboard a few years ago on a cheap old truck I had, my next truck will sport a NRA and USA flag decals, but not the over abundance of my last truck...unless its another real cheapo truck...then what the heck...

yellowfin
05-17-2009, 3:50 PM
I proudly have my NRA stickers on my car. I suppose I could fear vandalism, but our collective silence and closeted status over the years has cost us vastly more than a scratch in the paint job. If more people had just sucked it up and put the NRA stickers on their cars for the last 20 years we wouldn't be thought of as inconsequential and practically non existent. What you're paying for in Calguns donations now is the cost of playing from behind all this time.

drexotic
05-17-2009, 4:02 PM
I have on on mine . . . I've always seen it as a way to inhibit crime against me and my property! I'm hoping the criminals would rather rip off someone that is NOT armed ! ;)

DDT
05-17-2009, 4:19 PM
I fly an American flag window static cling thingy and that's it. I don't like hte look of cars sporting all sorts of political stickers etc. I have put on election decals but only taped to the inside and they come off the day after elections.

50BMGBOB
05-17-2009, 4:20 PM

You see, here in the city, the Second Amendment does not exist - no one has ever heard of it. Secondly, the First Amendment only exists if you're exercising it to praise the Messiah.

I have never once seen an NRA sticker in San Francisco in the entire 16 years I've lived here. Not a single one.

I don't live in SF but I do drive there at least once a month. I work in Oakland. I have stickers all over the back window of my truck sense the day it came off the dealers lot. With the brand new little car I just bought to save on gas I have toned it down a little at my wife's request (she drives t a lot too) but I have a some progun stickers on it sense before the plates got here. It also has NRA LIFE plate frames.

For all the years I have had them there, the positive feed back is 1000 to 1 over the negitive. If you don't like bumper stickers, that's fine. I never worry about being a target, I mean, do you drive a clunker because you are afraid of someone stealing your car if it was to nice? I don't worry about LEO either, if you aren't breaking any laws what have you got to worry about. I was even stopped one time with not just my 50BMG in the car but a belt fed 1919, a few OLL AR15's and several pistols. When the cop asked if I had guns with me, I pointed at the large pile of cases in the back and said "yes,and they are all unloaded". The Highway Patrol officer (in CoCo County) looked at the back then just smiled and wrote the ticket for speeding. Guess he didn't want to spend the time checking them all.

Gun owners need to be proud of our sport and our rights.

bohoki
05-17-2009, 4:20 PM
the anti's are as mean as abortion clinic bombers

Roadrunner
05-17-2009, 4:24 PM
I read a report last week that the NRA is claiming approximately 4 million members. I am curious why most members don't display their NRA bumper sticker on their car? I display mine on my back window of my truck, but I rarely see any others around town. Now, I do live in the liberal Bay Area, so I'm guessing it's different in other areas.

Don't like the look?

Some people don't like to advertise.

ad6mj
05-17-2009, 4:28 PM

Greg

Most don't even know what the 3rd is.

greybeard
05-17-2009, 4:37 PM
Lets see 4 million members , 238 million cars. That is 1.6 % of cars are owned by members. Even if you double that number of cars that is a small percentage.
MY trailer hitch cover is a NRA one and have had no problem in 5 years.

tradecraft
05-17-2009, 4:43 PM

Don't like the look?

Stickers on your car = trashy.

garandguy10
05-17-2009, 5:29 PM
Here are my reasons:

1. The NRA is in the business of promoting gun bans to generate revenue for themselves. [ 1934,1968 GCA etc.]

2. I do not advertise my affiliations. Walk softly etc......

3, LEO'S can use a NRA or other 2nd amend. type groups advertisements for P.C. to search for weapons and contraband., May not hold up in court, but by then you will be out $10k+ in legal fees.

4. I do not want my vehicle vandalized or burglarized by someone looking for a weapon, or who takes offense to my bumper sticker.

5. The NRA is largely run by FUDS. who do not like defensive firearms.

6. I am a longtime life member of the NRA and I refuse to help them at all in the continuation of civil rights suppression. I bought my membership when I was young and naive and thought they were the good guys.

Those are my reasons and I do not care if you agree with me or not.

Texas Boy
05-17-2009, 5:32 PM
Funny I was just debating if I should put NRA stickers on my truck.

I belong to a variety of clubs and organizations - many of which supply stickers to their membership. I've always felt that placing these stickers on my vehicle would be advertising to criminals the potential contents of my truck. Even worse, my truck won't fit inside the garage, so I'd also be advertising the contents of my house. Bottom line - I don't display any of these stickers.

That said, I'm serious about protecting our 2A rights. If we all displayed our NRA stickers would it raise awareness or would most just think "gun nut"? I tend to think a catchy 2A phrase that speaks to the significance of RKBA would be more beneficial.

Kingofthehill
05-17-2009, 5:33 PM
They never gave me one..

CAL.BAR
05-17-2009, 5:48 PM
why? First this is KA the vast majority of Californians are NOT NRA (look at the politicians they elect)

Second (and why I stopped any advertising of my hobby) is b/c you WILL get extra attention from the police (and usually not in a good way)

If you're within 10 miles of the CA coast - you are in a very small minority of gun owners/enthusiasts

Go Packers!
05-17-2009, 5:54 PM
As others have said I don't want my car damaged for displaying an NRA sticker, I also do not want to draw attention to my house if someone notices the sticker, IMHO you set yourself up to get burglarized.

Does anyone believe it could serve as a deterrent to a home burglary? Similar to burglar alarm company stickers or signs?

However, if they know you aren't home, then it gives them an idea of the contents of your home.

Turo
05-17-2009, 6:24 PM
If you're within 10 miles of the CA coast - you are in a very small minority of gun owners/enthusiasts

What if you live 15 miles from the coast?

Lol I'm putting mine on as soon as they get here, I joined just a few days ago :)

jazman
05-17-2009, 6:40 PM
I only allow myself one sticker on my car, so I go with my DAMM sticker: Drunks Against Mad Mothers.:thumbsup:

Nessal
05-17-2009, 7:02 PM
I don't want to get harrassed by the cops or give them suspicion that I have firearms in the car.

SgtDinosaur
05-17-2009, 7:08 PM
1. I don't want the local gang bangers following me home and targeting my house because they figure I have guns they can steal when I'm not home.

2. The last time I put an NRA sticker on my truck I got tired of it being vandalized.

berto
05-17-2009, 7:22 PM
The hippies around here claim to be tolerant and open-minded. Their actions say otherwise. Replacing paint or tires isn't my idea of fun.

I am considering putting NRA stickers on some of their Obama-mobiles though.

gregorylucas
05-17-2009, 7:24 PM
Just put the job section of the paper, a shower and a pair of hair clippers in the back of the truck. That stuff is like kryptonite to hippies. :rofl2:

That is absolutely hilarious!

Greg

paintballergb
05-17-2009, 7:26 PM
I have an NRA sticker on the back of my window, along with Molon Labe sticker. I am not scared to show my views.

MolonLabe2008
05-17-2009, 7:37 PM
I am curious why most members don't display their NRA bumper sticker on their car?

Here's mine...

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii129/MolonLabe2008/IMG_1130.jpg

Alphahookups
05-17-2009, 7:55 PM
As others said, I'm not a fan of advertising that I have firearms.

HowardW56
05-17-2009, 8:09 PM
What if you live 15 miles from the coast?

Lol I'm putting mine on as soon as they get here, I joined just a few days ago :)

I don't have them, I got tired of comments from clients...

scrat
05-17-2009, 8:27 PM
because i drive this

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/scratm3/Picture057.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/scratm3/Picture055.jpg
and this
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/scratm3/gettingreadytogo.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/scrat36/untitled-1.jpg

and i put NO STICKERS ON THE BEEMERS

tradecraft
05-17-2009, 8:32 PM
because i drive this

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/scratm3/Picture057.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/scratm3/Picture055.jpg
and this
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q77/scratm3/gettingreadytogo.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/scrat36/untitled-1.jpg

and i put NO STICKERS ON THE BEEMERS

Um...nice mismatched emblems in the front :rolleyes:

scrat
05-17-2009, 8:33 PM
vinyl stickers ya i need to pull them off the plate. too lazy though

fairfaxjim
05-17-2009, 8:38 PM
I Live in Fairfax, it doesn't get much farther left or hippie outside of Berkeley than here. I have a "Fairfax, Mayberry on Acid" bumper sticker on my truck. I once wore a Fairfax hat to the range and the range master spent the rest of the day teasing me about being the only guy in Fairfax with guns, and making jokes about me cleaning my guns on the front porch. I also have a sticker from my college alma-mater and 2 NRA stickers and an NRA Certified Instructor sticker on the truck too. Never have had any trouble with them, nor any special consideration from LEO's because of them.

I get more play from the "Mayberry on Acid" sticker. Actually seem to get a lot of questions from young and foreign born about "what is Mayberry?" WOW!

bruce381
05-17-2009, 8:38 PM

+1:thumbsup:

bluthandwerk
05-17-2009, 8:55 PM
I don't put any stickers on my car, stopped doing that 2 cars ago.

I am proud to have my NRA sticker right next to my Calguns.net sticker on my ammo can though :43:

Nodda Duma
05-17-2009, 9:13 PM
Drive over to the east side of the Sierras. Lots of NRA stickers out here.

-Jason

CSACANNONEER
05-17-2009, 9:23 PM
I don't live in SF but I do drive there at least once a month. I work in Oakland. I have stickers all over the back window of my truck sense the day it came off the dealers lot. With the brand new little car I just bought to save on gas I have toned it down a little at my wife's request (she drives t a lot too) but I have a some progun stickers on it sense before the plates got here. It also has NRA LIFE plate frames.

For all the years I have had them there, the positive feed back is 1000 to 1 over the negitive. If you don't like bumper stickers, that's fine. I never worry about being a target, I mean, do you drive a clunker because you are afraid of someone stealing your car if it was to nice? I don't worry about LEO either, if you aren't breaking any laws what have you got to worry about. I was even stopped one time with not just my 50BMG in the car but a belt fed 1919, a few OLL AR15's and several pistols. When the cop asked if I had guns with me, I pointed at the large pile of cases in the back and said "yes,and they are all unloaded". The Highway Patrol officer (in CoCo County) looked at the back then just smiled and wrote the ticket for speeding. Guess he didn't want to spend the time checking them all.

Gun owners need to be proud of our sport and our rights.

When Bob says he toned it down, I think what he means is that I'll now be able to tell what color the truck was before he covered it with pro gun stickers. I guess, I'll find out in a few weeks.

DDT
05-17-2009, 9:36 PM
I did see a pro-gun bumper sticker in Fremont the other day...

I'll keep my guns and my bible, you can keep the change.

Pretty normal but it was funny seeing it on a Prius.

scrat
05-17-2009, 9:38 PM
Pretty normal but it was funny seeing it on a Prius.

could be worst it could be on one of those SMART cars. the kind that look like if you lean on it will fall over

bigcalidave
05-17-2009, 9:42 PM
Damn, I don't miss the bay area! Never really saw NRA stickers in 12 years in marin, now I hardly see cars without them up in redding!

Little exaggeration but it's very common :)

Vtec44
05-17-2009, 10:22 PM
I have the stickers but I don't put it on my car. The reason is that I work for a VERY liberal company so I don't want to be a target. Although, I'm in the process of converting a few younger female coworkers. :D

Bob Ragen
05-17-2009, 10:31 PM
I have an NRA sticker on the left rear of my trucks window. I've never had an issue with leo's. If I were stopped and asked I'd honest, I am legal. It has been my experience that a lot of leo's are also NRA members. I've know a few in San Jose, Morgan Hill, Santa Clara and up here in El Dorado County they are NRA members so if you feel they are stopping you just because you have a pro gun sticker on your vehicle maybe theres more to the story?

I grew up in Santa Clara and I have seen NRA stickers on vehicles and still do when I go there to see family and freinds, some have "The Sticker" some don't their preference. I will admit I see alot more NRA and pro gun stickers away from the "Bay Area". God I'm glad I left there.

As far as BG's seeing my sticker I feel it tells them I'm not going to be a willing victim.

a1fabweld
05-17-2009, 10:35 PM
I fly the NRA sticker right next to my "So how's that whole hope & change thing working out for you?" sticker. Whenever I see someone with an "Obama 08" sticker on their car, I make sure to get in front of them, crank my diesel performance tuner all the way to "not so green" & black smoke the crap out of them! It makes for some good laughs. If it gets keyed, it's only the work truck.

AfricanHunter
05-17-2009, 10:38 PM
I have one NRA sticker(the circular one) on the rear window of my Touareg. Dont think it looks trashy as others have stated but I get the not wanting stickers on your car thing.

I decided a while ago that I will no longer hide my beliefs from public view because of fear that they might get upset. Gotta balance out all the Obama stickers I see on other cars.

Vtec44
05-17-2009, 10:45 PM
just show them you big rifle:eek:

I did, and a few took the bait. I just need to setup a time and place so they can play :D

MikeinnLA
05-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Do you know how much it costs to get a 10 year old Honda Accord with peeling paint re-painted after it has been keyed?

Seriously, I need to know. I want to get it repainted.

Now, as far as the NRA sticker goes... I can't be bothered to put it on.

-- Michael

http://www.earlscheib.com/pro3.php

Mike

KWA-S
05-17-2009, 11:42 PM
just show them you big rifle:eek:

But SBRs are illegal in Cali! :43:

Eh, I wouldn't put an NRA sticker on my car (if I had one) because my parents are big antis, who have a habit of inspecting my property whenever they can, and do exert a significant financial influence in my life (tuition, etc). Having stickers on your car isn't trashy...its just that the sorts of cars that have stickers on them that are trashy. Most cars with more than a few stickers are dirty, dinky cars that haven't been cared for and are usually very stereotypical; liberals drive station wagons and Priuses with "Coexist," "Obama 2008", "Keep Tahoe Blue" and conservatives drive trucks with "You keep your change, I'll keep my Bible and guns," "USMC Mom", "Welcome to America! Now speak English" and people with bumper stickers tend to have a good number of them. A while ago, I saw my first NRA sticker (GASP!) which was taped on the inside of a clean, new SUV in the bottom left corner with no other stickers in sight, and it didn't look trashy at all.

Dirtbozz
05-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Here's mine...

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii129/MolonLabe2008/IMG_1130.jpg

I like it. Right to the point and right on the money. :43:

JDay
05-18-2009, 1:19 AM
I have an NRA sticker on the left rear of my trucks window. I've never had an issue with leo's. If I were stopped and asked I'd honest, I am legal. It has been my experience that a lot of leo's are also NRA members. I've know a few in San Jose, Morgan Hill, Santa Clara and up here in El Dorado County they are NRA members so if you feel they are stopping you just because you have a pro gun sticker on your vehicle maybe theres more to the story?

I grew up in Santa Clara and I have seen NRA stickers on vehicles and still do when I go there to see family and freinds, some have "The Sticker" some don't their preference. I will admit I see alot more NRA and pro gun stickers away from the "Bay Area". God I'm glad I left there.

As far as BG's seeing my sticker I feel it tells them I'm not going to be a willing victim.

El Dorado County is very pro RKBA.

otteray
05-18-2009, 5:44 AM
Mostly don't want my car vandalized.

Mine (NRA and CRPA) have been stuck on magnetic tape for easy, convenient removal :thumbsup:

Erik S. Klein
05-18-2009, 7:01 AM
My NRA Life Member sticker has been in my back window since last Christmas. It replaced my NRA member sticker when I upgraded. . .

That one went on the car the day it came back from the dealership.

Steve O
05-18-2009, 7:10 AM
I don't want to offer probable cause for a search.
Not that the sticker necessarily does that, but in the Yay area anything goes...

Ohh and I don't want to patriotic stickers to target me as a homeland security threat.

Glock22Fan
05-18-2009, 8:18 AM
Both of my vehicles get parked inside one of the big studios where, as is well known, most people are strongly anti. My wife cannot afford to be "the odd one out" amongst her colleagues and bosses. A bit like a helper at a southern church displaying an "I love Satan!" sign in her vehicle.

grahlaika
05-18-2009, 8:35 AM
No reason to advertise your political beliefs, especially when they're controversial, and when people nowadays are dicks. I see people's cars with controversial stickers being keyed all the time. Heck I even see cars being keyed simply because they fit a certain driver stereotype that people don't like.

People suck. Not gonna give them a reason to destroy my property.

SigLion
05-18-2009, 8:57 AM
I live in Marin and actually see quite a few cars with them on around here. I don't personally like to have any type of stickers on my car though.

SeanCasey
05-18-2009, 9:07 AM
I have an NRA and Calguns sticker taped in the back window of my Aura. With the tape I can freely move the stickers to my Solstice when I drive that, plus they are easy to remove if needs be.

I figure if my car gets vandalized for it it gives me an excuse to put a sign in the window that says "Think my car looks trashed? Blame the "tolerant" liberal who messed it over my NRA sticker"

U2BassAce
05-18-2009, 9:59 AM
I live in LA. I'd rather not announce that I have interest or proudly display my interest due to the fact that there are so many thieves and gangbangers thinking I may have a firearm in the vehicle awaiting their ownership. Its a pain dealing with vandals period when it comes to anything you own.

Its the same as if you were to have a bunch of car audio stickers advertising you may have an expensive sound system and calling the bad guys out to "come steal me". Plus, not advertising keeps law enforcement from questioning me any further than they need to when I get stopped.

+1 on that. Stealth for the reasons above is my policy.

tiki
05-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Operator: "911 operator, what's your emergency?"

Caller: "There's a hippie with multiple gunshot wounds laying on the ground with a set of keys in his hand."

Operator: "Is he still breathing?"

Caller: "Hold on a second... <gun shot> No, not anymore."

hvengel
05-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Before the election the NRA claimed 4 million members. Since Nov. the NRA has seen a 30% increase in membership. So that number is now closer to 5.2 million.

xrMike
05-18-2009, 1:03 PM
I don't like the extra weight and aerodynamic resistance the NRA sticker adds to my vehicle. It cuts into my gas mileage too much.

Plus I'm just a big ***** who's afraid of all the bad things that MIGHT happen to me, or COULD happen to me, if I exercised my constitutionally-guaranteed right to freedom of speech.

:43:

sorensen440
05-18-2009, 1:14 PM
I have one on mine but I can understand where some people fear unwanted attention
(Ive yet to have it be an issue in the last 5 years of having it on there )

xrMike
05-18-2009, 1:39 PM
(Ive yet to have it be an issue in the last 5 years of having it on there )Yes, same here -- probably 5 years on my truck, and not a single problem.

As long as you don't count the door dings, and the stone chips in my windshield, and all of the nails and screws I've had in my tires since I put that damn sticker on... ;)

not-fishing
05-18-2009, 2:03 PM
I live in a politcially correct area of Folsom. I have the NRA stickers on both my cars on the opposite side of my Marine Dad stickers. my boy recently finished boot camp and is an NRA member

The wife is entirely convinced that the sticker caused a would-be mugger to stay away at a shopping mall parking lot a few years ago.

The funny thing is the wife and I actually went to school at UC Berkeley. I guess you could say that we the pro-gun Berkeley grads are the true Radicals. The rest of the City is just "Posers" who "drink the Cool-Aid" and are sheep.

OrovilleTim
05-18-2009, 2:09 PM
In unoccupied areas of CA, I see a lot more than when I must venture into occupied territories like the Bay Area. I think many people there may be in fear of being outed for not being in lock-step with the accepted party line.

I personally don't use the cheapo ones that you get for free though. I purchase and put on the gold foil Life Member ones. But, they are the only stickers that I do put on my car.

The Wingnut
05-18-2009, 5:37 PM
I had one in my driver's side quarter window for a while as a sort of cautionary signal to potential road ragers, and thought better of it. I park in some questionable areas regularly, and I'd rather not advertise that there might be a firearm in the car. It's tough to find windows for a 35 year old car. See also the references to having the paint grow nasty defects while you're away.

I only have two stickers on my car:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ee/United_States_Air_Force_Maintenance_Badge.svg/282px-United_States_Air_Force_Maintenance_Badge.svg.png

It'll have meaning only to those who I want to notice.

http://possumblog.mu.nu/images/Gurney%20For%20President.jpg

Yes, I did vote for him in the last election. The only other guy I liked didn't have a chance of winning in my district, so I figured if I was going to throw my vote away, I might as well have fun with it.

The car got egged on Mother's Day, right on the Dan Gurney sticker.:mad:

Spitfire75
05-18-2009, 7:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ocsk8brdr/Jobrelatedstuff/disco_stu.jpg
Disco Spitfire75 doesn't advertise.

SubstanceP
05-18-2009, 8:27 PM
I proudly have my NRA stickers on my car. I suppose I could fear vandalism, but our collective silence and closeted status over the years has cost us vastly more than a scratch in the paint job. If more people had just sucked it up and put the NRA stickers on their cars for the last 20 years we wouldn't be thought of as inconsequential and practically non existent. What you're paying for in Calguns donations now is the cost of playing from behind all this time.

It's about time! Three pages into this thread and finally someone with a nutsack speaks out!

BTW, could we have one of these animations :punk: with only a middle finger featured? It's what I've got to say if "HS" is "watching".

BroncoBob
05-18-2009, 8:29 PM
Mine is on both my car and my sons car while he's in South Korea defending our country.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/MVC-039F.jpg

hawk1
05-18-2009, 8:38 PM
I don't because I don't trust those lunatic anti-gun whackos that would damage my car...

r08ert209cali
05-19-2009, 7:51 AM
I have a crpa sticker on my 07 jeep Liberty. If it gets vandalized and the perps get caught I will sue for discrimination. Thats right a LIBERTY...... and justice for all.

Swiss
05-19-2009, 12:54 PM
I've been on the fence on stickers for a while . The only sticker I have on my Jeep right now honors a fallen local police officer.

For the sake of RKBA, I guess it's time to advertise my views but I don't think I'll have too much trouble with vandalism. My NRA sticker will go right next to an Obama sticker I've had laying around. I'll do what I can to break the stereotype and show others that you can be both a tree hugger and a 2nd Amendment advocate (aka having a mind of your own).

Before anyone asks, the Obama sticker will come off if he backs another push for an AWB. The green stuff stays.

AaronHorrocks
05-19-2009, 1:34 PM
I've already had my truck SHOT by either random, or someone that doesn't like me. I don't need to advertise more that I would like more liberals/criminals to vandalise my expensive property.

I did however, put an Eagle, Globe and Anchor on my rear window. Let's hope that puts some of them at bay.

MrClamperSir
05-19-2009, 1:42 PM
I've been on the fence on stickers for a while . The only sticker I have on my Jeep right now honors a fallen local police officer.

For the sake of RKBA, I guess it's time to advertise my views but I don't think I'll have too much trouble with vandalism. My NRA sticker will go right next to an Obama sticker I've had laying around. I'll do what I can to break the stereotype and show others that you can be both a tree hugger and a 2nd Amendment advocate (aka having a mind of your own).

Before anyone asks, the Obama sticker will come off if he backs another push for an AWB. The green stuff stays.

Isn't his record in the senate regarding the 2nd amendment enough to not back him? I have have no qualms with people who voted for the guy, I have many family and friends are that are liberals and their intentions are good, but it seems to be a conflict of interest if you priorities are freedom and the 2a.

mbrown
05-19-2009, 3:10 PM

Yellowfin has hit the nail on the head here. I had the same concerns as others have mentioned, but then I decided that I can't brand myself a patriot with any sort of spine if I'm too wimpy to even put a sticker on the back window of my car. I hereby give the finger to the vandals.

:79:

Swiss
05-19-2009, 3:11 PM
Isn't his record in the senate regarding the 2nd amendment enough to not back him? I have have no qualms with people who voted for the guy, I have many family and friends are that are liberals and their intentions are good, but it seems to be a conflict of interest if you priorities are freedom and the 2a.

As POTUS his views have to be tempered if he wants to get anything done, so I'll wait and see what happens.

RKBA is just one of my priorities and one does not exclude all others. I don't like Obama's stance on guns and I knew that going in. I nevertheless voted for him and have turned into a letter-writing machine on 2A issues that have come up since then.

LAKA90034
05-19-2009, 7:15 PM
I have my window sticker proudly displayed on my Jeep Commander.

I live in West LA. I was a bit hesitant about advertising my views in such a rabidly Liberal locale. The only experience of note that I can attritbute to my sticker is a self introduction by the retired Marine O-8 that lives around the corner from me.

That was a kick.

WTSHTF I'm following that guy. :thumbsup:

otteray
05-20-2009, 5:53 AM
I don't because I don't trust those lunatic anti-gun whackos that would damage my car...

Was this fear created by an urban legend?
Who has had their car damaged specifically because of an NRA type of sticker?
Maybe we should have a poll!

CapS
05-20-2009, 7:49 PM
Although it pains me not to show off my near 40 year membership, I will not have a scratch put on my beauteous Red Truck for any damn reason, & yes I am in SF often.
My son, on the other hand put his Life sticker on his truck as soon as he got it.
Course, he's a whole lot bigger than I am.

/Cap

:oops:

umoja
05-20-2009, 9:10 PM
Not a member. Yet. Though if I was, like someone said before, gotta keep the tactical advantage of surprise...

Mazilla
05-20-2009, 9:46 PM
I keep my NRA sticker on the drivers side bottom corner of my front windshield on my Wrangler, for everybody to see. That sticker is a tactical advantage!

Jerm
05-20-2009, 11:19 PM
I am of the opinion that I really would prefer not to draw attention to my self and not give leo any indication that I may be transporting any type of firearm.

freeman
05-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I have two stickers on my truck

berto
05-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Was this fear created by an urban legend?
Who has had their car damaged specifically because of an NRA type of sticker?
Maybe we should have a poll!

I've had a car keyed for stickers that express thoughts the local open-minded and tolerant hippies find objectionable.

My friend had tires cut and stickers removed for the same.

A co-worker's car was repeatedly keyed in a BART lot for nothing more than Texas plates.

AndrewMendez
05-21-2009, 4:12 AM
The guys in Marin County... You dont see any NRA Stickers??? Its full of Rock Stars, Lawyers and Doctors! Hell they have the Highest density of BMW's in the US! I know of several gun owners who live in the county... I think this is more of a, I dont want to put an NRA Sticker on my 7 Series BMW!

Mazilla
05-21-2009, 7:43 AM
I know of several gun owners who live in the county... I think this is more of a, I dont want to put an NRA Sticker on my 7 Series BMW!

Thats a lame excuse.

fd15k
05-21-2009, 7:51 AM
Got stickers on my SUV and on my bike. Crossed the west coast from very South to very North. Many trips to AZ. Countless trips within LA county (including through the Sepulveda tunnel and other LAX places). NOT A SINGLE TIME in years I've been pulled over and asked about my stickers or weapons. So you guys.... :(

stormy_clothing
05-21-2009, 12:44 PM
the simple reason is people raise vanity over anything else.

I have one on my truck, and gave my second one to a coworker who finally then joined and there on his truck.

There are alot of timid pansy's in this thread who think a sticker will be the cause of a keyed car. Totally oblivious to then then clear reality that if they can't even openly support the NRA why would anyone else ?

The truth is I almost want to catch someone trying to key my car, I will whistle that carrie underwood song while I give them a beating that will make headline news. :)

sickboy774
05-21-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't want some idiot breaking into my car thinking I may have a gun, ammo, or accessories in my vehicle.

leitung
05-21-2009, 3:25 PM
I sport my NRA sticker with my Nobama sticker.. I love to piss off hippies..

retired
05-21-2009, 3:56 PM
I once had my Corvette keyed along the whole driver's side when parked in the north 40 of a shopping center not bothering anyone. It didn't have any stickers on it. I'd hate to imagine the damage to any of my present vehicles if I had a bumper/window sticker of any persuasion.:eek:

Cato
05-21-2009, 4:14 PM
I had enough trouble with my McCain sticker. Three of them got torn off my car and two got written on!

berto
05-21-2009, 4:44 PM
There are alot of timid pansy's in this thread who think a sticker will be the cause of a keyed car. Totally oblivious to then then clear reality that if they can't even openly support the NRA why would anyone else ?

The truth is I almost want to catch someone trying to key my car, I will whistle that carrie underwood song while I give them a beating that will make headline news. :)

I know an NRA sticker will cause my car to get keyed and I don't want to undergo the expense and aggravation of repairs. I don't necessarily need a sticker to openly support anything. Is my money better spent repainting my car or making a donation to the NRA? Is my support more meaningful if do nothing but sport a sticker?

The coward hippie thinks nothing of vandalizing my car because it's unlikely he'll get caught.

That same hippie likely won't say anything to a me if I'm wearing an NRA hat and he wouldn't dare vandalize my hat.

HowardW56
05-21-2009, 4:53 PM

I am in the service industry and don't need to advertise to my clients what my position on firearms is. SOme know me well enough that we can talk guns, others have no idea...

Watch who you are labeling "timid pansy's"

odysseus
05-21-2009, 6:05 PM
The guys in Marin County... You dont see any NRA Stickers??? Its full of Rock Stars, Lawyers and Doctors! Hell they have the Highest density of BMW's in the US! I know of several gun owners who live in the county... I think this is more of a, I dont want to put an NRA Sticker on my 7 Series BMW!

There are plenty of gun owners in Marin. However most will not say so or ever show it. I know people whom hide their political affiliations that are conservative leaning, especially in south marin, because they will be shunned for it by their friends and associations in business. Anyway either way there is a lot of intolerance both ways in Marin. I have interacted with local Marin Republican party chapter workers who were very different from me and would scowl at my libertarian leanings and pro-2A stance.

However I do see NRA stickers around, though mostly on the 101 with people going to the Sonoma side, but again - there are plenty of gun owners in Marin, more than many would think.

bodger
05-21-2009, 6:20 PM
1. Because it costs a FORTUNE to re-paint a Porsche after it gets keyed.

2. I use both my cars for business and it has always been my policy to not broadcast my political or other views to clients.

Mike

+1 to that. I'm in the liberal sheeite - hole of Los Angeles and work as a general contractor. No telling how many jobs I would not get if one of these sniveling antis saw that on my truck.
I do occasionally wear a COLT t-shirt thought. I can always say it's a horse thing.

I bought a Smith & Wesson revolver recently that came with a "Protected By Smith & Wesson" sticker. I'm sure as hail not going to put that on my truck, OR in a window of my house. "Hey, there's guns in here" doesn't seem too smart. I'm not always home, but I do have a good safe. Still, seems more an invite than a deterrent. Not so much so with an NRA sticker, but like I said, politics and business and so forth.

Salty
05-21-2009, 6:22 PM
I have some on ammo boxes and my tackle box. I don't mind other shooters or fisherman seeing them, but I don't like to advertise to crooks what I might have in my house (car gets parked in the driveway). Similarly, if I buy some nice speakers or a stereo deck for my car I don't put the included sticker in the window. I sometimes wear gun club or hunting t-shirts on the weekends and never get anything but positive comments, so it really has nothing to do with what people think.

mydogsmonkey
05-21-2009, 6:53 PM
well i would put stickers but i want to save it for my next car that i'm getting or my new bike, im probably thinking of putting a molon labe on on my bike too, once i get a new one

Crawfish141
05-21-2009, 7:33 PM
I think I lost the bumper sticker I had:(

Seesm
05-21-2009, 8:41 PM
Why advertise so someone gets to follow the NRA sticker toting guy home to rob him of all his guns?

renardsubtil
05-21-2009, 9:12 PM
I drive a Jeep, the LAST thing I want is someone to really wanna tear up my ride looking for a lock box containing my kitten keeling pistoles O_o

otteray
05-21-2009, 9:57 PM
I live a socialist hippie college town. I have two stickers on my bumper; NRA and CRPC.
Many cars on my street had their tires slashed awhile back.
Mine were not.
Proof positive that an NRA bumper sticker gives more protection to a vehicle!:thumbsup:

xrMike
05-22-2009, 9:35 AM
Why advertise so someone gets to follow the NRA sticker toting guy home to rob him of all his guns?Has anyone in the entire universe (or this forum) ever actually experienced this? Or heard about this actually happening to someone else?

Didn't think so. :p

Why would you fear some imagined event that has never actually happened to anybody?

Thrillbilly
05-22-2009, 10:49 AM
I used to put stickers on my vehicles, but I decided to just go with this instead.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u42/xo512th/fe605978.jpg

jwest
05-22-2009, 1:31 PM

Don't like the look?

Depends on what part of the world you are from. I would guess they may be more common per capita in rural areas than densely populated areas that have high rates of car vandalism.

One of my vehicles is a Toyota Scion which I purchased in Oct. '03. It has been egged countless times. I get tired of cleaning that crap off. That's my reason. I like the car and I don't want some dimwit egging it. I know more than likely it is just kids but they treat it as a target.

Personally - I am like the rest of you - I just don't get it. Why would anyone 'crap' on their rights. The one fatal flaw our founding fathers didn't think of was how people would abuse freedom. This had to be such an alien concept at that time they must've thought only the mentally insane would even think of such a thing after being so repressed politically and religiously, to name only 2 areas of repression.

I became a Life NRA member - partly because of the above and mostly because I am tired of being part of pansy impotent groups that let life happen to them - PM me for more if you care to hear more on that.

Regards,
John W.

Go Packers!
05-23-2009, 6:59 PM
I used to put stickers on my vehicles, but I decided to just go with this instead.

Idaho is my new favorite state!

Hoop
05-23-2009, 7:06 PM
My truck has an NRA sticker on it - I've never had any questions about it or anything.

I thought Idaho only had 3 digits on their license plates?

TheCilician
05-23-2009, 7:26 PM
No offense, but a sticker isn't going to do much these days. If we want people to know that we exist, (Gun-Owners I mean) We are going to have to do a lot better than a sticker....

I know it's terrible manners to critique something when you have no other solution, but my idea was to create branch of the NRA, and make it the most powerful legal fighting force for gun rights, AND American freedoms in general...

Correct me with a link to a law office if I'm wrong.

Eat Dirt
05-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Proudly have one on the back window of my Work Van /Never had a problem
In fact I've had other contractors come up to me and start a NRA conversation .....:thumbsup:

Even the wife wanted one for her suburban !!!!!!!!!!

ro442173
05-24-2009, 12:12 AM
I prefer not to advertise. I'm away from home a lot.

Maybe one day, when I own my own home, have a dog, home alarm system, and trustworthy neighbors. For now, I'd rather people didn't know... but that's just me.

CABilly
05-24-2009, 12:31 AM
My 2 shiny new Life Member stickers just arrived and I'm torn on what to do with them.

I've never put any stickers on any of my cars besides parking passes. I just don't like them. I also go to great lengths to avoid oblivious parking lot "ding"bats and I don't want to give people any reason to purposefully deface my property. I know it sucks, but I also know that some people are rotten cowards who have no problem defacing other peoples' stuff.

So that's why for me. I'm thinking about a front license plate frame, though.

battlehatch
05-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Like many on this board, I prefer not to advertise that I have an interest in firearms. Last thing I need is for some thugs to see an NRA sticker on my truck, follow me home, then rob me blind.

Black Majik
05-24-2009, 12:57 AM
I don't want to get keyed.

ivanimal
05-24-2009, 1:42 AM
NRA medallion on the spare tire of the Jeep and a Life member plate frame. Sticker on the Acura. No stickers allowed on the 09 Camry..................yet...............:cool:

andalusi
05-24-2009, 4:40 AM

So do I, but I still see plenty of traditionally conservative bumper stickers. You're right about how rare it is to see an NRA one, though.

In fact, I can't recall *ever* seeing one here or elsewhere (and I used to live in San Antonio, Texas, where I'd have expected to see at least a few).

AKman
05-24-2009, 8:03 PM
NRA on my hitch receiver. License plate is "RKBA 2A" and the obligatory license plate frame is "My Other Auto is a 7.62 mm."

ERdept
05-28-2009, 6:10 PM
I'm a life member, but don't want my car keyed by some idiot anti's.

Eat Dirt
05-28-2009, 6:33 PM
I'm a life member, but don't want my car keyed by some idiot anti's.

It's too bad we live in a world where people are afraid to Display a sticker for what they belive in

stormy_clothing
05-29-2009, 11:00 AM
I use this thread as weight loss, every time I read the next few posts I vomit up the last meal, it's because of the opinions that I forget who the left is.

I live in an area where keying is actually common, I have probably the nicest car it's been parked outside for much of the last 3 years and not once has anyone dared.

And considering how I tend to drive I would be the perfect candidate for police involvement and yet the number of instances has gone to zero in the last year, and the one time I got stopped during a DUI checkpoint they gave it no thought.

the FUD in this thread is so thick I could walk on it like jesus did water.

admittedly it does look kinda like the marine corp sticker from afar and I suspect that has something to do with it.

tiko
05-29-2009, 8:39 PM
I have had my NRA sticker on my SUV for 16 years, all my friends, my neighbors, my relatives and my coworkers think it is a Marines sticker. The only people know are the people at a shooting range.

mfmayes49
05-29-2009, 11:18 PM
My reason is I use to have a NRA sticker on my car until someone broke into my home when i wasn't home and stole all my guns, I don't advertise anymore that I am a gun owner.

CABilly
05-30-2009, 2:53 AM
Congratulations, don't hurt yourself patting your back.

Here's to individual experience :cheers2:

I use this thread as weight loss, every time I read the next few posts I vomit up the last meal, it's because of the opinions that I forget who the left is.

I live in an area where keying is actually common, I have probably the nicest car it's been parked outside for much of the last 3 years and not once has anyone dared.

And considering how I tend to drive I would be the perfect candidate for police involvement and yet the number of instances has gone to zero in the last year, and the one time I got stopped during a DUI checkpoint they gave it no thought.

the FUD in this thread is so thick I could walk on it like jesus did water.

admittedly it does look kinda like the marine corp sticker from afar and I suspect that has something to do with it.

Gray Peterson
05-30-2009, 3:39 AM
I don't have NRA or gun stickers due to the concerns about burglary, plus I cross into Canada once a month. NRA sticker=automatic secondary search from my understanding.

I do have other stickers, such as these (http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0014/7261/products/ERW_Group_large.jpg?1240782730). It's magnetic, so I can easily remove if needed.

dakobster81
05-30-2009, 6:52 AM
ummm geeee, id say its because you live in the most hippie state in the union where guns are the most evil thing since satan himself, and the minority of gun owners aren't trying to be hassled or vandalized by all those hippies

Go Packers!
05-30-2009, 4:30 PM
Today I saw a report on Fox News about a retired Marine who served 14 years, including Vietnam, and proudly displays seven stickers supporting the Marines on his vehicle. The home owners association sent him a letter demanding that he remove the stickers, or his car will be towed at his expense. Apparently in the home owners association contract, it states you cannot advertise on your vehicle. The Marine brilliantly stated, "You can't sell freedom."

Would an NRA sticker also be banned? You can't sell a ratified amendment to the constitution protecting our unalienable rights.

Oh yeah, several other residents at the same location had pro Obama stickers and other politically correct stickers supporting their beliefs. Yet, no letter was sent to them from the home owners association.

There is still free speech.....as long as it is their speech.

dadoody
05-30-2009, 4:41 PM
HOA in Irvine wouldn't ban NRA stickers on MY OWN damn car.

I'm still on the wall about putting the stickers up. On the one hand, if a crook wants to rob me, he might be a little quicker to shoot if he *thinks* I'm armed.

It's like CCW. Why advertise? Probably better to slap them up on a 2nd car.

jkchan83
05-30-2009, 6:15 PM
I was going to put up my NRA stickers on my car, but was actually advised by the local NRA Members' Council against it. There are a couple of CHP officers who don't particularly care for the NRA and make it a habit to stop those with NRA decals.

Of course, from a distance, it's hard to distinguish between an NRA decal and a Marine Corps. decal, and I live close enough to Camp Pendleton that it could be CHP targeting Marines off base.

Either way, I like maintaining a low profile, so no decal for me.

otteray
05-30-2009, 7:28 PM
I was going to put up my NRA stickers on my car, but was actually advised by the local NRA Members' Council against it. There are a couple of CHP officers who don't particularly care for the NRA and make it a habit to stop those with NRA decals.

You are kidding, right?
They can stop a vehicle because they don't like a peaceful, non-threatening pro 2nd amendment bumper sticker because they disagree with it?
What local NRA council advised this?
I call :fud:

ZUMNDAD
05-30-2009, 7:33 PM
There is a line from a popular rock group that I like...

"Risk something. Take back what's yours. Say something that you know they might attack you for."

While this represents my attitude towards fighting for what I believe in, such as the 2A, I must be intelligent about how/where those battles are undertaken. Virtually everyone that knows me knows where I stand on this and other issues. I will engage anyone in reasonable debate, even unreasonable debate.

Placing anything on my car will not change anybody's opinion. It only gives them the opportunity to express their opinion - without my presence. That only serves up the opportunity for someone to act out in a typical cowardly fashion and damage my vehicle.

Further, I have been told by members of THREE separate LE agencies that you will get 'special' attention if they see stickers or advertisements of this type on a vehicle.

No sticker for me. Remember, pick your battles wisely.

otteray
05-30-2009, 9:57 PM
le.

Further, I have been told by members of THREE separate LE agencies that you will get 'special' attention if they see stickers or advertisements of this type on a vehicle.
I
No sticker for me. Remember, pick your battles wisely.

Well, then bring on the "special attention."
What the hell, I've nothing to hide.
I've had an NRA sticker on all my bumpers for years and have yet to have been pulled over, harassed, or threatened and held by LE.
The braggadocio lawmen you spoke with are cocky and are not representative of any of the many honorable LEO I've met that have mutual respect for fellow citizens. But, I'm speaking of my Santa Cruz County CHP, SO and City LE, not yours.
It looks like things have soured badly down in Orange County where you are since I moved away thirty something years ago... it was very pro-gun back then.

packnrat
05-30-2009, 10:50 PM
repainting a 3/4ton truck cost $2K.+

VW*Mike
05-31-2009, 8:56 AM
I can't find mine. I don't know what happened to it ( I put one on my laptop) but if I can get another one (and a Calguns sticker), it will adorn the back of my new Zombie hunting/Apocalypse escape vehicle!

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4602/97/7/1574852280/n1574852280_237886_4617365.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs086.snc1/4602_1098852362916_1574852280_237885_2774948_n.jpg

VW*Mike
05-31-2009, 8:58 AM
You are kidding, right?
They can stop a vehicle because they don't like a peaceful, non-threatening pro 2nd amendment bumper sticker because they disagree with it?
What local NRA council advised this?
I call :fud:

No, but they can stop your car if you happen to "fit the description of someone we're looking for". No its not right but it happens all the time.

Bugei
06-01-2009, 8:38 AM

Don't like the look?

Why advertise? Why give any warning? It'd just drive away the kind of fascinating people you'd just love to interact with!

Me, I'm still looking for "Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkey" and "This Truck Is A Gun Free Zone" and "Obey the One!" bumper stickers. Those would be fabulous bait for exciting interchanges of social opinion.

And once they're close enough.....

Go Packers!
07-14-2009, 6:41 PM
Last week a non-gunner at work (whom I am trying to convert) asked for an NRA sticker so he could put it on one of the windows on his home as a deterent for burglars.

Some say deterent, some say invitation????

I also gave him an NRA magazine in an effort for him to see the light. A trip to the range is my next goal. Eventually, I hope he will become a gun owner, NRA member, and Calguns member. I am always on the lookout for non-gunners to be converted to responsible gun owners.

locosway
07-14-2009, 7:33 PM
I will not put any stickers on my car that would lead someone to believe there's anything valuable in it. I often keep electronics among other things in my truck and the last thing I need is a big sign on the back of my truck that says "Guns, Performance Mods, Knifes, and much more!!! Steal now for one great price!!!".

Besides, I don't like people knowing what I'm for or against. I don't like being profiled by civilians or police. Besides, if you ever need to lie about something to get your way on a situation, it's better to not have your life hanging on the back of your car.

SickofSoCal
07-14-2009, 7:37 PM
Don't like the look?

1. Check
2. Check

Jonathan Doe
07-14-2009, 8:25 PM
Only sticker I have on my car is a USMC emblem.

fd15k
07-14-2009, 9:11 PM
Don't place it on the bumper, place it on the window - won't need to repaint.
Marines are proud guys, they very much deserve it, and that's why the put their emblem on their cars.
One should be as much proud being NRA, as on many counts being NRA is being American.

Support our troops ? How about support our Militia ?
Proud parent ? How about proud Citizen ?
Fisherman ? How about Rifleman ?

RT13
07-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Probably because we live in an anti gun state and having one may do you more harm than good esp when it comes to cops pulling you over. Discretion is always wiser.

Werewolf1021
07-15-2009, 1:06 AM
I have mine up in my truck on the inside. Also have a couple of Marine bumper stickers my cousin (a Marine) gave me for my truck. I think the combination keeps most people away thinking I am a Former Marine or something like that. Also, if I were to catch someone doing something to my truck, their *** would be grass.

SickofSoCal
07-15-2009, 1:36 AM
A lotta people get confused, esp. at a distance...

http://www.geocities.com/richandkathy/pics/usmc4.jpg

http://vulcano.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/nra_logo.jpg

Untamed1972
07-15-2009, 9:39 AM
Because an NRA sticker according to DHS is a big "Hey I'm a right-wing extremist, come FK with me!" Sticker.

I dont put sticker on my vehicle period. I like to remain as incognito as possible at all times. Thats why I don't do personalized plates either.

Discretion is the better part of valor. I choose not to make myself a target.

boxbro
07-15-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't because it's not as if I am going to convert a non member into a member.
Also, I don't feel the need to tell the world that I am an NRA member, a Costco member or a member of any other group/club/organization.

yellowfin
07-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Further, I have been told by members of THREE separate LE agencies that you will get 'special' attention if they see stickers or advertisements of this type on a vehicle. Who were the people and/or the LE agencies? Did you get this in writing? If this is policy it needs to be exposed and dealt with accordingly.

yellowfin
07-15-2009, 10:29 AM
No, but they can stop your car if you happen to "fit the description of someone we're looking for". No its not right but it happens all the time. If and when it happens we need it documented.

E Pluribus Unum
07-15-2009, 10:33 AM
I drive a redneck truck; it already sticks out as a target.

If I put an NRA sticker on my truck I might as well put a sign below it that says:

"I have a $1400 M1A behind my seat, please break my window and take it"

bodger
07-15-2009, 12:30 PM
I have a Veteran license plate, that's as far as I'll go in terms of advertising anything about myself on my vehicle.

I'm a general contractor in Los Angeles, and I guarantee there are people that I have worked for that would see an NRA sticker on my truck and get their undies in a bunch, one way or the other.

I occasionally wear my Glock t-shirt though.

not-fishing
07-15-2009, 1:05 PM
I am a General Contractor in Sacramento and I have no problem with the Politically Correct around me.

And I'm glad Dad got me into Cadillacs before he died.

http://i32.tinypic.com/33vdlcj.jpg

Untamed1972
07-15-2009, 1:24 PM
If and when it happens we need it documented.

The problem with that is it's never going to be officially stated that was the reason for you being stopped.

Not like the LEO is gonna write that in his report. He'll just wait for you forget to signal for a lane change or something and use that as PC for the stop.

bodger
07-17-2009, 5:18 PM
I am a General Contractor in Sacramento and I have no problem with the Politically Correct around me.

And I'm glad Dad got me into Cadillacs before he died.

http://i32.tinypic.com/33vdlcj.jpg

I'm thinking the politically correct in Sac might be less rabid than the ones I deal with on the west side of Los Angeles. Specifically the Santa Monica area.
Although I haven't been to Sac since I left McClellan AFB years ago, so I'm no expert on the current population.
Nice Caddie, your dad had good taste.

jazman
07-17-2009, 9:38 PM
I would not have an nra sticker on anything I own, they are too close to the Marine sticker. I am not a Marine, and would never think to try to lead people to think I am. Anyone who does should get their butt bounced hard by a Marine. I think it's weak the nra designed their sticker to be like the Marine sticker, they should bring out a new one that's completely different. Nothing worse than wannabees.

cousinkix1953
07-17-2009, 11:04 PM

Don't forget those anti-gun big city cops. A NRA sticker is their excuse to pull you over and start an argument.

Wanna see what happened to a Shreveport Louisiana man, who put a NRA sticker on his truck? He got the kind of thug treatment that you might expect in an anti-gun state.

http://www.conservativedrink.com/blog/2009/06/our-rights-are-suspended-by-mayor.asp

cousinkix1953
07-17-2009, 11:08 PM

Doesn't Mayor Nuisance and his Board of Stupidvisors waste taxpayers' time and money trying to get their critics on radio and TV fired? I've seen more than one case of these liberal commie rulers trying to abolish free speech in the past. San Fransicko is the closest thing to a communist Cuba or Venezuela in the entire USA...

Flying Bones
07-17-2009, 11:52 PM
My simple reason...can't afford to have my truck broke into.