PDA

View Full Version : Father - Son Transfer [Gift]

rjk
05-17-2009, 11:27 AM
I want to transfer two modern handguns that are registered to me to my son. He is over 21, and other than not having an HSC, is otherwise legally allowed to own handguns. Do I need to go to an FFL01 and do a PPT, or is there a better way?

bussda
05-17-2009, 11:31 AM
I want to transfer two modern handguns that are registered to me to my son. He is over 21, and other than not having an HSC, is otherwise legally allowed to own handguns. Do I need to go to an FFL01 and do a PPT, or is there a better way?

No FFL needed. He will need to get his HSC, then file this (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/oplaw.pdf) with DOJ. Both must be residents of California.

Frijolito1988
05-17-2009, 11:32 AM

After he gets his HSC, just fill outa form and send it to the DOJ, alont wth $19 i belive. Someone shoud chime in with the link.

rjk
05-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks, this looks pretty straightforward and it's not idea for him to have his HSC anyway.

wellerjohn
05-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Not to hyjack your tread, but does it matter if your son is over 21 to transfer a hand gun? Mine is 18 and I would like to give him one of my handguns.

Mssr. Eleganté
05-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Not to hyjack your tread, but does it matter if your son is over 21 to transfer a hand gun? Mine is 18 and I would like to give him one of my handguns.

If you both are both California residents then you can give your son a handgun as long as he is at least 18 years old. Just follow the steps listed above.