PDA

View Full Version : hsc

captn-tin
05-17-2009, 12:02 PM
can anyone out there explain to me why a retired veteran is exempt from hsc, while a draftee like myself have to take the $25 test. i am not begrudging the retirees perk, but i also served my country when called, and as all of us who went to basic, and advanced training, had weapons training. is hsc a federal or state dictate. it is mainly the principle of the thing, but after all, $25 IS a half box of ammo these days.

TheBundo
05-17-2009, 12:16 PM
I can't explains why anyone has to take such a ridiculously easy test, no why my lifetime card got cancelled, and now has to be taken every 5 years. I guess it's some kind of "feel good" law for the imbeciles up in Sac (state law)

dustoff31
05-17-2009, 12:20 PM
The HSC is a CA thing. Personally, I think it has more to do with wringing $25.00 out of you than gun safety.

I suppose the reason for the retiree exemption is that they figure that after 20 or 30 years one has it down pretty well.

bussda
05-17-2009, 12:27 PM
can anyone out there explain to me why a retired veteran is exempt from hsc, while a draftee like myself have to take the $25 test. i am not begrudging the retirees perk, but i also served my country when called, and as all of us who went to basic, and advanced training, had weapons training. is hsc a federal or state dictate. it is mainly the principle of the thing, but after all, $25 IS a half box of ammo these days.

Because the prior system, the BFSC, came to be treated as a joke. "Didn't pass the test, watch the video instead..." And changing one thing lead to why don't we change this too? Besides, too many people were buying firearms, need to slow them down somehow. :)

And remembering when $25 could buy 100 rds of .223, or 150 rds of 9mm...

hawk1
05-17-2009, 3:14 PM
Because the prior system, the BFSC, came to be treated as a joke. "Didn't pass the test, watch the video instead..." And changing one thing lead to why don't we change this too? Besides, too many people were buying firearms, need to slow them down somehow. :)

And remembering when $25 could buy 100 rds of .223, or 150 rds of 9mm...

Oh, the BFSC... The one that had a lifetime expiration! Yeah, it's all about money...