PDA

View Full Version : America's Most Wanted lies about guns to Mexico?

Jarrod
05-16-2009, 8:39 PM
I am watching America's Most wanted tonight and it is about the drug cartel violence in Mexico and how it is spilling into area like Phoenix, AZ.

John Walsh opened a segment firing a 50-cal fully auto machine gun, showing bullets going through both sides of a car door. He then went on to state that these weapons were being shipped form the US down to Mexico.

He then claimed AK47s were being shipped from the US down to Mexico, interspersed of course with showing full-auto AK47 fire, and claimed that you can get one of these for $600 and re-sell it for $1200+ in Mexico.

It is going on right now. They repeatedly claimed these weapons were being sold by gun stores in the 4 border states and massively being smuggled into Mexico.

He claimed that ATF was able to trace 8000 such weapons to just a few shady gun dealers in the US.

This show is on right now.

Jarrod
05-16-2009, 8:46 PM
On tonight's show,

"Now, I'm a responsible gun owner, I hunt, I believe in the right to keep and bear arms, but we have to do something to shut down the pipline of guns to Mexico." -- John Walsh, America's Most Wanted, 16 May 2009.

The two segments they did on this was a total "Mexican drug cartels are getting auto weapons from the US" type yellow journalism. They even through in a "we must do it for the children" type line.

Gator Monroe
05-16-2009, 8:48 PM
Just about everything outta Hollywood (And the Media) is Anti- to some extent ../:TFH:

triggerhappy
05-16-2009, 8:50 PM
Walsh= shill.

The Nomadd
05-16-2009, 8:50 PM
Yup... Watching AMW right now also. As soon as I saw John Walsh with the 50-cal, I exclaimed to Kyla, "Yup! Here we go! Let the B.S. begin." Was going to post about it, but you beat me to it. Not the first time AMW has painted guns in a bad light, either.

clonepsi
05-16-2009, 9:02 PM
They always fail to mention the drug addicts that are supporting the cartels.

Jarrod
05-16-2009, 9:04 PM
It was just such a blatant attempt to deceive, not even subtle or sphisticated at all. Really ticked me off.

MrClamperSir
05-16-2009, 9:07 PM
That entire program went from dull to eventually irritating and then nauseating. Unbelievable (hopefully).

H2H
05-16-2009, 9:10 PM
where can I buy a full auto ak47 for 600 bux in a gun store ? :rolleyes::TFH:

Legasat
05-16-2009, 10:13 PM
where can I buy a full auto ak47 for 600 bux in a gun store ? :rolleyes::TFH:

I'm right there with you. As soon as we find out, I'll meet you!

AMW = Joke

The Nomadd
05-16-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm right there with you. As soon as we find out, I'll meet you!

AMW = Joke

Forget the AK47, I wanna know where I can score one of those 50 Cal that John Walsh was shooting! :36:

squatting_caveboy
05-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Walsh turned on the "John Wayne" gravely voice and all! Agree with you gents, this could have been a penetrating piece of journalism that exposes what's going on to the south of us; but what we got was just a piece of shat.

SanSacto
05-17-2009, 1:20 AM
.....and claimed that you can get one of these for $600 and re-sell it for $1200+ in Mexico.....

Not anymore. More like $1200 here and $2000 in Mexico.

gunsmith
05-17-2009, 2:25 AM
This is one thing we can actually do something about!
They give out an 800 number every episode, we can cross post on every gun board/forum and clog up their phone lines. Let them know we are watching and expect them to tell the truth.
Lets "aim" for two weeks from tonite, sat 5/15!
OK?
Lets cordinate, cross post in all the other forums and tall them we are sick of their lies, clog up their phones so they cant do anything but talk to angry gun owners.
We did this a number of years ago when Walsh spoke against CCW, this guy is a empty suit, he has terrible gun safety skills, whenever he handles one he covers everyone with the muzzle-they carefully edit lots out because he is a laughable chump.
Whats bad is I used to really like the show and the mission of the show, but he has become a mouth piece for the liars and we can use their 800 number against them.
Two weeks from tonight!
cross post in every forum! lets do it!

gunsmith
05-17-2009, 3:04 AM
They give out an 800 number every episode, we can cross post on every gun board/forum and clog up their phone lines. Let them know we are watching and expect them to tell the truth.
OK?
Lets cordinate, cross post in all the other forums and tall them we are sick of their lies, clog up their phones so they cant do anything but talk to angry gun owners.
We did this a number of years ago when Walsh spoke against CCW, this guy is a empty suit, he has terrible gun safety skills, whenever he handles one he covers everyone with the muzzle-they carefully edit lots out because he is a laughable chump.
Whats bad is I used to really like the show and the mission of the show, but he has become a mouth piece for the liars and we can use their 800 number against them.
Two weeks from tonight!

NRAhighpowershooter
05-17-2009, 7:26 AM
walsh has been on the talk show circuit and is a anti.... yes he hunts but he has his bolt guns and is VERRRY anti aw's and semi-auto's

superjc
05-17-2009, 9:12 AM
No it's true; you can buy full auto-ak's over the counter, Big 5 usually has 'em. Plus, these drug cartels that net hundreds of millions of dollars a year have no other options than to send flunkies to do straw man purchases of WASR's here, then take them to Mexico... seriously, who believes this crapola?

B Strong
05-17-2009, 9:29 AM
Walsh= shill.

Bingo.

Walsh is a creation of the media itself.

He has no more authority to speak on crime issues than any other victim.

He's not a LEO, an attorney, or a criminologist.

AMW is a product, not an agency.

packnrat
05-17-2009, 9:45 AM
No tv here, so please post up what the nights show was about, and the phone number please.

chefdude
05-17-2009, 9:50 AM
awwww but drug addicts have rights too and they have a disabillity(it falls under the american disabillity act) so its not their fault they keep fueling the drug cartels. They just need state sponsered rehabs..awww they are people too...hahahahahahahahahahah THE LEFTS BS ANSWER FOR EVERYTHING.

chefdude
05-17-2009, 9:52 AM
I like CLONEPSI comment "They always fail to mention the drug addicts that are supporting the cartels."

awwww but drug addicts have rights too and they have a disabillity(it falls under the american disabillity act) so its not their fault they keep fueling the drug cartels. They just need state sponsered rehabs..awww they are people too...hahahahahahahahahahah THE LEFTS BS ANSWER FOR EVERYTHING.

Tarmac02
05-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Where are the convictions?

If they've been able to trace them to shady gun dealers, then where are the convictions? This irritates me to no end that they spew this absolute BS because thew general public is to stupid to realize and think for their own. Unfortunately we live in a society that believes everything they see on TV, hell, MTV got Obama elected.

MrClamperSir
05-17-2009, 10:29 AM
hell, MTV got Obama elected.

MTV and a lack of parenting.

HondaMasterTech
05-17-2009, 6:31 PM
I wonder how many of these weapons were actually supplied by our own military.

bohoki
05-17-2009, 8:54 PM
hmm are the blaming the ammo shotages at walmart on the cartel's sending ammo back home too?

MrSigmaDOT40
05-17-2009, 9:41 PM
OK?
Two weeks from tonight!

:thumbsup: I'm with this guy

1*mike
05-17-2009, 9:51 PM
How about we build a fence along the border and control who crosses it...crazy F-ing idea. THen no drugs out, no guns n money in and no illegals coming in either. THere is a civil war going on and im sure some US bought guns end up there but I think the real issue is the porous border.