PDA

View Full Version : Hello

SScott
05-16-2009, 5:23 PM
Newbie here ex Army.
I would like to get a class three arms dealer license/special weapons permit, mainly for my own not really interested in opening a business per say.
Also interested in getting a CA CCW permit.
Any help in these areas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

B Strong
05-16-2009, 6:53 PM
Newbie here ex Army.
I would like to get a class three arms dealer license/special weapons permit, mainly for my own not really interested in opening a business per say.
Also interested in getting a CA CCW permit.
Any help in these areas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service.

If you attempt to get a SOT (Special Occupational Taxpayer) license and the state dealer/manufacturer permit, you have to actually engage in the business.

The feds are especially interested (in the last ten yaers or so) in individuals using their SOT to pursue their personal collections.

The State is also particular about the requirement to engage in business pursuant to the license.

If you have the time and money to invest in the whole process and do it the right way, have at it, but anything other than that can lead to serious difficulties.

SScott
05-16-2009, 7:24 PM
I was afraid of that, thanks.

mrlonewolf
05-17-2009, 7:41 AM
Hello and Welcome.

Turbinator
05-17-2009, 4:43 PM
Welcome!

Regarding the CCW, it really comes down to where you live in CA. Some areas are easier to get approval, so if you can indicate your general area, that may help us provide some guidance.

Turby