PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Model 94 Trail's End question

DamageInc
02-15-2005, 11:48 AM
I just picked up a new Winchester Model 94 “Trail’s End” in .357. I ordered this version because I wanted the 20” barrel rather than the 16” barrel on the “Trapper”. Its a nice gun but I am a little bewildered ... nowhere on the gun does it state that it is a “Trail’s End” model, but it does indeed have a 20” barrel.

My gun is marked “Winchester Model 94 AE”, the same as my friend’s 16” barrel “Trapper”. For the money I paid I was hoping for something on the gun to differentiate the Trail’s End model from the Trappers and Rangers. It was considerably more than your standard 16” .357 offered at Big 5 every month for $300.

Is it standard for Winchester not to mark these models "Trail's End" somewhere on the metal?

DamageInc
02-15-2005, 11:48 AM
I just picked up a new Winchester Model 94 “Trail’s End” in .357. I ordered this version because I wanted the 20” barrel rather than the 16” barrel on the “Trapper”. Its a nice gun but I am a little bewildered ... nowhere on the gun does it state that it is a “Trail’s End” model, but it does indeed have a 20” barrel.

My gun is marked “Winchester Model 94 AE”, the same as my friend’s 16” barrel “Trapper”. For the money I paid I was hoping for something on the gun to differentiate the Trail’s End model from the Trappers and Rangers. It was considerably more than your standard 16” .357 offered at Big 5 every month for $300.

Is it standard for Winchester not to mark these models "Trail's End" somewhere on the metal?