PDA

View Full Version : SIG 556 Pistol

gdr_11
05-16-2009, 12:43 PM
So, on the same day I buy the latest issue of Combat Handguns magazine which boldly sport the Sig 556 pistol on the cover, and someone list one in the Private Firearms for Sale section here.

I suddenly have this strong fetish for this pistol, but am not sure how one gets their hands on one in Kalifornia. I don't see it on the DOJ list, but has it been added in one of the recent addendums? Or do you have to buy it in a PPT from someone who already has it? I was also puzzled trying to following the For Sale posting and the fact that the gun for sale was converted to single-shot so it could be PPT'd.

Can someone give an aging guy with limited brain cells and too much money on his hands a 30 second primer on this weapon and how to obtain one in this Commie state?

Shane916
05-16-2009, 1:46 PM
It can be imported as a single shot, thus not needing to be on the stupid list. Once it's out of DROS the owner can install a mag lock and a 10 round mag and make it a semi-auto gun.

gdr_11
05-16-2009, 1:48 PM
It can be imported as a single shot, thus not needing to be on the stupid list. Once it's out of DROS the owner can install a mag lock and a 10 round mag and make it a semi-auto gun.

So this means I can order it myself as long as I specify it to be configured as a single shot?

I assume from reading other posts on the for sale item that I need to find an FFL who understands this and will accept the gun, or should this be common knowledge amongst the better gun shops?

Shane916
05-16-2009, 1:55 PM
So this means I can order it myself as long as I specify it to be configured as a single shot?

I assume from reading other posts on the for sale item that I need to find an FFL who understands this and will accept the gun, or should this be common knowledge amongst the better gun shops?

They don't manufacture them as single shot so you would have a dealer outside of CA modify it for you.

I only know of a few shops who will transfer it as a single shot. It's known around here but virtually unknown to the average dealer.

Gio
05-16-2009, 2:18 PM

Almost got it right, has to be DROS'd with a mag lock on and bob sled mag aka single shot conversion. Once you take it home you can pop in a 10 round mag, but never use anything more then that.

-Gio

Shane916
05-16-2009, 2:47 PM
Almost got it right, has to be DROS'd with a mag lock on and bob sled mag aka single shot conversion. Once you take it home you can pop in a 10 round mag, but never use anything more then that.

-Gio

There ya go. That's accurate.

Q
05-16-2009, 3:07 PM
I got one.:D I saw the magazine cover yesterday, "perfect for home defense" rr something like that.:)
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n32/qbertquartz2/pistol/m92-556p.jpg

gdr_11
05-16-2009, 4:51 PM
I got one.:D I saw the magazine cover yesterday, "perfect for home defense" rr something like that.:)
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n32/qbertquartz2/pistol/m92-556p.jpg

Oh, Man!!! Great pair there! Drool is all over my keyboard.