PDA

View Full Version : DEA?

b0lingball
05-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Anybody here works for the DEA or knows anyone that does? Thinking about applying to become an agent but want to know what kind of test and training you have to go thru.

BigDogatPlay
05-16-2009, 8:20 PM
Look here (http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/job/agent/faqs.html)

Four year college degree, between 21 and 36 years old to start. The rest you can find on the link above.

SVT-40
05-20-2009, 9:58 PM
Do you know what "DEA" really stands for.....

D-on't
E-xpect
A-nything

:jump:

We used to love to kid the Fed guys.... :43:

MIB
05-21-2009, 10:39 PM
DEA does not REQUIRE a four year degree, but having a degree makes one more competitive for agent slots.

Spyder
06-02-2009, 5:23 PM
Their physical is tough and their medical is very tough. I went through the interview, background, psych, medical/physical and PT test and received a conditional job offer about 8 months ago. I ended up not taking it because of a mutual agreement with the wife-at-the-time, and took another job instead. Sometimes I wish I'd have stuck with it but I like where I'm at now.

If you need contact info for the SF region (which is pretty much everything south of Oregon...where is RPV?), pm me. I've still got her email and office and cell numbers.

neomentat
06-03-2009, 2:52 PM
if you're fluent in Chinese, Russian or Arabic you can apply for the FBI. Their hiring priority this year are for folks who are fluent in those languages.