PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding stock numbers, DOJ list

rwhite692
05-15-2009, 3:22 PM
OK I have searched the site but have not found an answer to this question.

Say I am looking at buying a Springfield XD9 tactical, and I find a FFL dealer out of state that is willing to ship to my FFL here in CA.

This dealer has the gun I want, but the one he has (new in box) has the high capacity 16-round mags. The dealer says it is no problem to ship it with California-compliant 10-round mags, instead. (This seems to be fairly typical practice for CA sales). Sounds great, right?

So here is my question.

The stock number / part number for this gun is unique, for example, it is XD9411HCSP06. This is the manufacturers stock number / part number for the gun +2,16round mags+case, all packed up and ready to go.

The stock number for this same gun+case+2,10round mags, California Compliant, is XD9411SP06.

Question is, what happens paperwork-wise? Could problems arise with DOJ when the sales paperwork reflects the gun stock number/part number to be the one normally shipping with the high capacity mags?

Checking the DOJ approved list, all it says as far as the part number is this:

"XD9411 / Polymer, Steel"

So, I tend to think that is a good thing, since it would seem to cover ALL XD9411 model variants and only reflects the basic part number.

I just wouldn't want to get the process started on buying, and then get hung up on a technicality, when I'm clearly trying to follow the law....

pat038536
05-15-2009, 4:33 PM
It would seem that the 'HC' is the code for 'high capacity'.

cineski
05-15-2009, 4:38 PM
That would be correct.

rwhite692
05-15-2009, 7:35 PM
Um...
Yeah I figured that much.

hawk1
05-15-2009, 7:47 PM
Go to your receiving FFL with all the details from the roster and from your seller. Explain that the pistol is the model listed on the roster XD9411 / Polymer, Steel Pistol 5.01" 9mm 3/26/2010 but that the seller has taken out the hi cap mags and added two ten round in their place. Ask if he's ok with the transfer.

Or

Have the seller ship the box/papers/one magazine to you (offer to pay for that separate shipping fee) then ship just the pistol and one magazine to your FFL.

rwhite692
05-15-2009, 7:56 PM
Thanks, Hawk. That is along the lines of what I was thinking.

Inoxmark
05-15-2009, 8:38 PM
Who cares what the part # for that gun is? It's XD9411/Polymer, Steel Pistol 5.01", end of story. Your seller is shipping the gun in 100% CA legal configuration, no need to make this transfer any more complicated than it needs to be.

Rudolf the Red
05-15-2009, 9:18 PM
The magazines are controlled. The pistol is not. I would not hesitate to DROS it for someone. How could it be illegal? It's the same gun.