PDA

View Full Version : Changing AR Gas Block

xounlistedxox
05-15-2009, 12:18 PM
I have always wanted to do a four rail gas block, or something of that sort, but I haven't done it because I wouldn't want to align something wrong and have a rifle not work, but I think I'm tired of waiting and want to actually install one now.

Is this hard to do? Any tips?

Markbone
05-15-2009, 12:35 PM
not too hard. hammer out the 2 pins on the front sight block. yank out the FSB and gas tube. remove gas tube, and install on the new gas block. reinstall the tube and Gas block. some have set screws or pins. just make sure its level (level the rifle, then level the block) or eyeball it like i did. then re-check for accuracy and if it doesnt line up its not impossible to adjust it as need be.

SVT-40
05-15-2009, 5:30 PM
Actually a real easy job. Just be sure to remove the pins from the front sight base from left to right, and install them right to left. The pins are tapered.

Just like a tinker toy. pins and holes.

The gas tube pin can be removed / replaced from either side.

Josh3239
05-15-2009, 6:14 PM
Same as those guys above, it is easy.

glock_this
05-15-2009, 6:29 PM
even more fun reading on this topic (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=164480)

sgtlmj
05-15-2009, 7:36 PM
Make sure you use a steel punch and rap it sharply. You want to dislodge the pins quickly. Small taps will peen the ends and make them harder to remove.