PDA

View Full Version : Newer HK45 not on the CA List?

Legasat
05-15-2009, 12:30 PM
I looked, but all I see are the USP's.

Anyone have any info on this?

ke6guj
05-15-2009, 12:33 PM
correct, the HK45 is not listed.

AFAIK, the only version out there does not have a mag-disconnect so it doesn't meet the current requirements to be rosterable.

SanSacto
05-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Nope. It's not. I am pretty bummed about it too. Same way I feel about the Beretta 90two, the CZ SP-01 in .40S&W, and the Springfield XD 45 with thumb safety.

Black Majik
05-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Older HK45s aren't on the list either. :D

Elucidus
05-15-2009, 12:38 PM
It'll be on there in two weeks.

cineski
05-15-2009, 12:46 PM
I've been seeing 2 weeks for....like 3 now. What's up with this?

Legasat
05-15-2009, 12:55 PM

I'm in the market for a 45. If it is REALLY coming soon, I can wait.

But if it's going to be next year, I'll buy an M&P this year.

Do you have a confidential source?

GTXR390
05-15-2009, 1:44 PM
I've been waitin' for the HK45 too, or HK45C. been saving, hopefully someone'll sell one...when i have the funds ready. i was hopin' n prayin' last year, couldn't wait so i got an MP45..ahaha, still want that HK :cool:

I heard there was a Mag-Discon version, dunno if it's out, or available elsewhere. you can check HKpro, they would know.

PolishMike
05-15-2009, 1:48 PM
HK45 will never be added to the list.

I just bought one though :)

ke6guj
05-15-2009, 1:50 PM

But if it's going to be next year, I'll buy an M&P this year.I wouldn't hold your breath. Its been "coming soon" per some conversation with HK reps from before it made it to the states. That it was submitted before the roster requirements changed to require both an LCI and a mag-disconnect, so the HK45 could be listed after the new regs go into affect was another rumor.

HK45 does show a custom order version of the HK45 that would have a mag-disconnect, so it should be able to meet the roster regs, if the LCI is good enough for CADOJ, if HK decided to produce it.

Do you have a confidential source?probably not. Two Weeks is standard humor on calguns for something that may or may not happen, and who knows when it'll actually happen.

Librarian
05-15-2009, 1:50 PM

But if it's going to be next year, I'll buy an M&P this year.

Do you have a confidential source?

Sorry - 'two weeks' is kind of an inside joke, an all purpose facetious answer to any kind of "when will X happen" question.

http://www.hk-usa.com/hk45_general.asp doesn't mention either magazine disconnect or loaded chamber indicator (and according to anecdotes, DOJ has yet to approve any LCI), so it's unlikely the HK 45 will make it to the Roster.

(Seems like we all hit 'after lunch' at the same time :) )

Legasat
05-15-2009, 2:22 PM
Thanks all...

I'll catch up on the lingo ;-)

Vin496
05-15-2009, 3:09 PM
The HK45 is not going to be on the list. The problem is the LCI, under the new rules for the Roster, the LCI has to be visible and contain either text,symbol or both, that would let a person who knows nothing about the gun(and hasn't read the manual), that it is loaded, by just looking at it.

The current LCIs on most semi autos are no more than a barely visible sliver or red, that to be honest, I can barely tell if it it showing and I know what I'm looking for.

It would take a complete redesign of the gun, or probably easier just make a new gun that was designed with the intention of having the LCI pass the DoJ Roster.

HK isn't making a Cali safe version.

Here is what a passing LCI looks like.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p290/vincev07/lci2.jpg

kaboom
05-15-2009, 3:37 PM
To fully understand the 2 weeks principle, watch a movie called "The Money Pit".
I believe that is where the whole "2 weeks" phenomenon started.

cineski
05-15-2009, 4:42 PM
Make that two of us :sleeping:

Thanks all...

I'll catch up on the lingo ;-)

Shane916
05-15-2009, 4:45 PM
To fully understand the 2 weeks principle, watch a movie called "The Money Pit".
I believe that is where the whole "2 weeks" phenomenon started.

Actually it didn't start that way.