PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Own A Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro?

fishwater
05-15-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm trying to make a decision on what pistol I am going to purchase for CCW. It's a toss up between the Springfield XD .45 compact and the Taurus PT145 Pro. I already know a lot of about the SA so I'm not going to ask about it. I like how the Taurus feels and that it seems easier to conceal than the SA. I want to know people's opinion who actually own the Taurus and what they like and don't like about it. Thanks in advanced, this site has been a great help with all the information on here!

NORCALDAD
05-15-2009, 11:03 AM
I OWN A PT145. SINCE 2001. I LIKE IT. NICE FEEL. GOOD SIZE TO CONCEAL. BUT I WOULD HAVE A BACK UP ON YOU. LIKE A S&W PD. THE PT145'S SLIDE GETS STUCK SOMETIMES AND NEEDS TO BE PUSHED FORWARD TO CONTINUE SHOOTING. PRETTY PICKY GUN. NEEDS TO BE CLEANED AFTER SHOOTING NO EXCEPTIONS. EVEN IF YOU ONLY SHOT ONE CLIP AND OILED FROM TIME TO TIME IF ITS BEEN JUST SITTING AROUND. I LOVE IT. BUT HAS ITS DOWN FALLS. CAN EASILY GET 30/30 FOR QUALIFYING FOR CCW. I STILL CARRY IT. BUT I HAVE A BACK UP ON ME AS WITH ANY OTHER GUN.

gumby
05-15-2009, 11:21 AM
I've had one for quite awhile. Absolutely perfect, but the new trigger is different than their previous DAO. Go pull one at your local shop first.

fishwater
05-15-2009, 11:38 AM
That's what I was afraid of. Been reading a few reviews and I came across that problem. Is it something that you can get fixed by having a local gunsmith look at or sending it back to the factory? I don't want to take the chance of the slide getting stuck if I ever need to use it.

I OWN A PT145. SINCE 2001. I LIKE IT. NICE FEEL. GOOD SIZE TO CONCEAL. BUT I WOULD HAVE A BACK UP ON YOU. LIKE A S&W PD. THE PT145'S SLIDE GETS STUCK SOMETIMES AND NEEDS TO BE PUSHED FORWARD TO CONTINUE SHOOTING. PRETTY PICKY GUN. NEEDS TO BE CLEANED AFTER SHOOTING NO EXCEPTIONS. EVEN IF YOU ONLY SHOT ONE CLIP AND OILED FROM TIME TO TIME IF ITS BEEN JUST SITTING AROUND. I LOVE IT. BUT HAS ITS DOWN FALLS. CAN EASILY GET 30/30 FOR QUALIFYING FOR CCW. I STILL CARRY IT. BUT I HAVE A BACK UP ON ME AS WITH ANY OTHER GUN.

MasterYong
05-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Don't get one. They're junk. I refuse to back up my ridiculously broad statement with any facts... I don't need facts- I have the internet.

:rofl2:

groovielou
05-15-2009, 11:55 AM
I OWN A PT145. SINCE 2001. I LIKE IT. NICE FEEL. GOOD SIZE TO CONCEAL. BUT I WOULD HAVE A BACK UP ON YOU. LIKE A S&W PD. THE PT145'S SLIDE GETS STUCK SOMETIMES AND NEEDS TO BE PUSHED FORWARD TO CONTINUE SHOOTING. PRETTY PICKY GUN. NEEDS TO BE CLEANED AFTER SHOOTING NO EXCEPTIONS. EVEN IF YOU ONLY SHOT ONE CLIP AND OILED FROM TIME TO TIME IF ITS BEEN JUST SITTING AROUND.

I have a PT145, I have not experenced the above issues. Out of the box, I had a few light primer strikes, after a good cleaning, and 200 more rounds, no other issues.

For me, its heavy and a little bulky, I have to be in a mood to carry it. I got a Taurus Model 85 hammerless wheelgun, that has turned into my primary carry firearm.

I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Lou

fishwater
05-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks Lou. I'm wondering if they have fixed the problem with the slide getting stuck in the newer ones that are being produced. For the money it seems like a solid pistol.

I have a PT145, I have not experenced the above issues. Out of the box, I had a few light primer strikes, after a good cleaning, and 200 more rounds, no other issues.

For me, its heavy and a little bulky, I have to be in a mood to carry it. I got a Taurus Model 85 hammerless wheelgun, that has turned into my primary carry firearm.

I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Lou

aplinker
05-15-2009, 5:42 PM
I had one, but didn't like the trigger. I decided that it didn't really fill any need for me that couldn't be better filled by something else.

If I were to want something similar again I wouldn't go after one, but rather pick something else. Money is less an issue to me than feel and confidence. I never felt comfortable with it.

dz4wheeler
05-16-2009, 2:00 PM
Have you looked at a Khar.I got a P-9 also comes in 45.Very compact,shoots great.