PDA

View Full Version : I was wrong! DO NOT shoot the alien space monkey in your room!

gunsmith
05-14-2009, 11:56 PM
in the thread on ca law that never dies, I claim the right to shoot alien space monkeys that break into my apt, I now must rethink that based on new info

Sometimes, shooting the gorilla in you cheap motel room is a bad idea

http://rgj.com/article/20090514/NEWS01/905140350/1004/news01/Accused+U.S.+395+shooter+claims+he+blacked+out+bef ore+incident
Accused U.S. 395 shooter claims he blacked out before incident
The 24-year-old Reno man accused of the fatal Mother's Day shooting of a Carson City teen along U.S. 395 and the wounding of a good Samaritan who tried to help him, told deputies he blacked out Sunday after he supposedly fired a gun shot at a gorilla in his motel room, according to court records
Victor Rodriguez, who also goes by the name Steve Contreras, was charged Tuesday with murder with a deadly weapon in the death of Rene Angulo, 17, and battery with a deadly weapon on Wayne Nash, 51, who tried to help Angulo. Rodriguez listed his occupation as "drug dealer" and an address in the 1300 block of Nanette Circle.

Rodriguez became faint Wednesday when a judge read the charges against him during a video arraignment at Washoe County Jail. He was told to appear at a preliminary hearing later this month and remained in jail in lieu of $175,000 bail. Immigration and Customs Enforcement placed a hold on Rodriguez, who is suspected of being in the country illegally.

Sheriff's deputies said Rodriguez shed his clothes and discarded cash and other items as he ran and hid from police who were searching for him with K-9 dogs. He was nude when found in a bush after the 12:35 p.m. shootings Sunday on U.S. 395 near Bellevue Road.

Authorities said Rodriguez was a passenger in Angulo's car, shot him and pushed him onto the roadway. Authorities said the motive was unknown.

Nash and his family were driving behind Angulo when they noticed his Honda swerve erratically off the side of the highway. Nash, an assistant girls basketball coach at Carson High School, pulled over to help Angulo.

"(Rodriguez) got back in the car and, with some difficulty, began backing up," according to court documents. "Nash called for him to stop, but he did not.

"Rodriguez drove past Nash with the passenger window rolled down. Rodriguez fired one or two shots at Nash. Nash was struck in the left leg by a bullet fired from Rodriguez."

Nash called 911, and he and his family gave deputies descriptions of the car and of Rodriguez. Deputies and a K-9 team soon found Angulo hiding nude in thorny brush.

In an interview with deputies, Rodriguez said he had been at the Gold Dust West Motel with his girlfriend when he saw a gorilla in the room, according to a probable cause affidavit. He said he shot the gorilla and left. Rodriguez said he thought he was being followed.

"Rodriguez claimed he blacked out and didn't remember anything until he crashed the Honda," the document said. "Rodriguez said he was the passenger at the time of the crash, but also claimed he couldn't remember anyone else being in the car."

Knight
05-14-2009, 11:59 PM
. . . wow.

Looks like the guy at least sold good ****.

amurphy
05-15-2009, 12:02 AM
fired a gun shot at a gorilla in his motel room

:thumbsup:

Citizen Snips
05-15-2009, 12:24 AM
. . . wow.

Looks like the guy at least sold good ****.
No kidding!

Deputies and a K-9 team soon found Angulo hiding nude in thorny brush.
Reminds me of Chris Tucker's character in Friday running down the street undressed and ending up in a chicken coop after smoking what was unbeknownst to him laced with PCP.

Blackhawk556
05-15-2009, 12:35 AM
what the hell did i just read??? :eek::eek::eek::smilielol5:

7x57
05-15-2009, 12:52 AM
in the thread on ca law that never dies, I claim the right to shoot alien space monkeys that break into my apt, I now must rethink that based on new info

Holy Insane :willy_nilly: Rampage :eek:, Batman. :batman:

I don't know which thread that is, but I almost want to read it just to find out the circumstances that necessitated claiming that particular right. :rockon:

In any case, I don't think I've read anything that deranged since I skimmed through the first part of Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas in a bookstore. :thumbsup:

:rofl:

7x57

7x57
05-15-2009, 1:00 AM

Sometimes, shooting the gorilla in you cheap motel room is a bad idea

Now wait a minute, I've been thinking more about this. Sure, his murderous spree of drug-laden insanity ended badly--but is it fair to blame the gorilla shooting? How do we know that this isn't a case of perfectly valid simian defense *before* and *unrelated to* the subsequent blood-soaked trip to wackyland? Sure, later events make one wonder about the accuracy of his harrowing story of anthropoid terror, but do we really *know* he wasn't threatened by the slavering fangs of an enormous ape in his hotel? Let's not rush to judgment, folks. I say we should let the lunatic give more of his side of the story.

Well, OK, to be perfectly honest I say this not out of fairness. I just want to read more Hunter Thompson-esque ravings. :eek:

7x57

nick
05-15-2009, 1:04 AM
Thought drug dealers weren't supposed to use what they sell... I like the "Victor Rodriguez, who also goes by the name Steve Contreras" part. I wonder which one of those identities was stolen.

nick
05-15-2009, 1:06 AM
Now wait a minute, I've been thinking more about this. Sure, his murderous spree of drug-laden insanity ended badly--but is it fair to blame the gorilla shooting? How do we know that this isn't a case of perfectly valid simian defense *before* and *unrelated to* the subsequent blood-soaked trip to wackyland? Sure, later events make one wonder about the accuracy of his harrowing story of anthropoid terror, but do we really *know* he wasn't threatened by the slavering fangs of an enormous ape in his hotel? Let's not rush to judgment, folks. I say we should let the lunatic give more of his side of the story.

Well, OK, to be perfectly honest I say this not out of fairness. I just want to read more Hunter Thompson-esque ravings. :eek:

7x57

They don't mention his girlfriend by name, which is ominous.

socal2310
05-15-2009, 5:27 AM
They don't mention his girlfriend by name, which is ominous.

Yikes! That would turn the primate assault into domestic violence.

In a twisted way, it makes 7X57's theory more plausible.

Ryan

andrewj
05-15-2009, 5:44 AM
I believe him

Sunwolf
05-15-2009, 5:55 AM
Yeah,most people never see the 800lb gorilla in the room.

triggerhappy
05-15-2009, 7:12 AM
They misunderstood him. he said "guerilla". Easy mistake, I guess.

7x57
05-15-2009, 7:18 AM
Yikes! That would turn the primate assault into domestic violence.

In a twisted way, it makes 7X57's theory more plausible.

In this case my theory would be that she didn't shave nearly as much as she should have. :eek:

My conclusion is that it's probably a bad idea to go to a cheap hotel room and do so many drugs with your worthless drug-dealer boyfriend that he mistakes you for a gorilla. :chris: It might not hurt to re-visit the initial decision to go out with a worthless drug dealer, either. Though it may be a case of "I liked the product so much, I bought the company." But in a strange way, that brings us back to the issue of shaving.... :D

7x57

Kid Stanislaus
05-15-2009, 8:20 AM
OK, stop the planet, I want to get off!

tgriffin
05-15-2009, 8:30 AM
OK, stop the planet, I want to get off!

Im not sure what disturbs me more, the story or your sig line.

hkusp9c
05-15-2009, 8:35 AM
Just by looking at the title, I thought we weren't allowed to shoot at the alien space monkeys in a fear of starting an intergalactic war :D

BTF/PTM
05-15-2009, 8:41 AM
The solution to ending this type of violence is simple. We need to ban gorillas from hotel rooms.

fairfaxjim
05-15-2009, 8:44 AM
Hey, if those type of things could happen to Hunter S. Thompson, it could happen to Victor Rodriguez!

I kind of miss Hunter.

sb_pete
05-15-2009, 8:58 AM
what the hell did i just read??? :eek::eek::eek::smilielol5:

+1, where was the gorilla?

SimpleCountryActuary
05-15-2009, 7:09 PM
Hey, if those type of things could happen to Hunter S. Thompson, it could happen to Victor Rodriguez!

I kind of miss Hunter.

Hunter would have killed the gorilla and done some more of whatever he was doing.

And I hear .22LR is best to do space monkeys. The CMP says my order is on the way so I'll be prepared. :rolleyes:

Steve O
05-16-2009, 1:05 PM
PCP? or Angel Dust?

gunsmith
05-16-2009, 2:01 PM
PCP? or Angel Dust?
both, speed, alcohol,weed...& an active imagination.

Solidmch
05-16-2009, 3:56 PM
+1, where was the gorilla?

He is here with me now. I will wait till you get a hotel room and turn him loose in there!:43:

clonepsi
05-16-2009, 4:24 PM
I wonder if he's gonna be on Reno 911 :confused:

12voltguy
05-16-2009, 4:58 PM
why is this posted in here and not chit chat????????????

7x57
05-16-2009, 6:23 PM
why is this posted in here and not chit chat????????????

I assume because the OP had already asserted his moral and Constitutional right to shoot alien space monkeys who break and enter his temporary residence. :thumbsup: He discovered the dangers involved in armed defense against simians, :eek: and posted as a public service to ensure none of us make that kind of mistake. :nono:

I just thank God he told us in time. :sweatdrop:

7x57

12voltguy
05-16-2009, 8:16 PM
I assume because the OP had already asserted his moral and Constitutional right to shoot alien space monkeys who break and enter his temporary residence. :thumbsup: He discovered the dangers involved in armed defense against simians, :eek: and posted as a public service to ensure none of us make that kind of mistake. :nono:

I just thank God he told us in time. :sweatdrop:

7x57
so he posted to clutter up the most important section on calguns.....:rolleyes:
you seem to be a good poster in here, lil surprized you would make light of this post instead of reporting it:thumbsup:

7x57
05-16-2009, 9:23 PM
so he posted to clutter up the most important section on calguns.....:rolleyes:

What could be more important than warning us about shooting alien space monkeys? We post warnings about other aspects of self-defense law, but those usually involve situations I don't find myself in. But the shoes I've been throwing at the alien space monkeys that wake me up have not chased them out of my bedroom, and I was planning to give them a dose of .45 the next time they came waking me up with their chittering and their ray beams. :43: Without this timely warning, I might find myself beamed up to their saucer for some attitude adjustment. :eek:

you seem to be a good poster in here, lil surprized you would make light of this post

As far as I'm concerned, there just isn't a bad time or place to post anything even half so lunatic as that drug-crazed rampage. I don't think I've laughed so hard at anything for a long time. Lists "drug dealer" as occupation and tells a tale worthy of Hunter Thompson in court :willy_nilly:--comedy gold! :rofl:

instead of reporting it:thumbsup:

I don't ask the board police to fix problems any more than I ask the government. In any case, they generally show up quicker than the real police do all on their own.

7x57

gunsmith
05-17-2009, 3:25 AM
there was a recent thread in this section ( pretty much the only section I post in ) about lawful home defense in CA, in it FUDS were insisting on cluttering it up with absurd hypothetical situations, like "what if something small and dark is running around" and the thread went on and on and on with what if after what if and somehow alien space monkeys were brought up.
Alien space monkeys have shown us through this poor victim in NV that they have amazing powers... I'm shocked that infowars hasn't mentioned it yet.

SkatinJJ
05-17-2009, 10:19 AM
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm227/skatijj/Face-eatingmonkee.jpg

This woman was attacked by this monkee in February. (Davy? Micky? Peter?...)

If she had had a carry weapon, it's not likely to have been used against her, and she would have been able to air the chimp out.

Or is this posted in the wrong spot due to not being a gorilla in a hotel room? :nono:

For years I have had a fear of face-eating-chimps. I even put that on my CCW application.

Still waiting for my approval letter. :gene:

762cavalier
05-17-2009, 11:54 AM
I even put that on my CCW application.

You think something that dire would fast track your application.:43::43: