PDA

View Full Version : handgun registration?

jamesob
05-14-2009, 10:02 PM
i posted a ? on a different thread but i will post here. how do i go about registering a deceased family members handgun to me?

halifax
05-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Was it willed to you? If it wasn't willed specifically to you, who is the rightful owner? What family member: father, mother, cousin? In state or out of state? Are you currently in possession of it? Please be more specific.

jamesob
05-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Was it willed to you? If it wasn't willed specifically to you, who is the rightful owner? What family member: father, mother, cousin? In state or out of state? Are you currently in possession of it? Please be more specific.

my sister inlaw was killed in 99 and i had custody of her kids. probate did not want anything to do with the handgun so i kept it. there was not a will so i decided to keep the gun and give it to the oldest when they turned 21. my neice who is the oldest told me to keep it. i have had possesion since 99 and both her and her husband were killed in a mc accident on bouquet canyon in the la area and i have no clue how to go about it.

halifax
05-15-2009, 4:12 AM
my sister inlaw was killed in 99 and i had custody of her kids. probate did not want anything to do with the handgun so i kept it. there was not a will so i decided to keep the gun and give it to the oldest when they turned 21. my neice who is the oldest told me to keep it. i have had possesion since 99 and both her and her husband were killed in a mc accident on bouquet canyon in the la area and i have no clue how to go about it.

Check with a lawyer but I'm thinking this may be enough:

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/volreg.pdf