PDA

View Full Version : infowar/prisonplanet LIES! K Gillibrand not set to introduce AWB!

gunsmith
05-14-2009, 8:50 PM
The hucksters and frauds at infowars/prisonplanet are at it again.
They cite Newsday as their source, but as the link shows
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/politics/ny-usguns0712738461may06,0,977427.story
McCarthy is set to introduce AWB legislation, not K Gillibrand!

prisonplanet/infowars chicken little's foam at the mouth and whip up as much hysteria as they can when the truth is this crud legislation
is simple vanity and will never make it out of committee.

Even if Gillibrand votes for it ( and I doubt she will ) it will go nowhere.

Gillibrand did vote against the recent credit bill that had the brilliant rider on it paving the way for National Park carry, but it didn't make a bit of difference ... she is trying to get reelected and her rabid crazy anti gun competitors are out for blood.

It seems a little to convenient that gun forums get flooded by inaccurate
stories.

imo prisonplanet/inforwars are not the simply crazy morons they try so hard to appear to be, but a well funded misinformation campaign.

lioneaglegriffin
05-14-2009, 9:51 PM
:dupe: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=184146

plus you posted on this thread ^

AggregatVier
05-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Thank God for the beacon headed anti-dupe police. What would we ever do without them protecting us? :rolleyes:

gunsmith
05-14-2009, 11:54 PM
:dupe: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=184146

plus you posted on this thread ^

the other post is at the bottom of someone else s long inaccurate thread, it is only similar...not a dupe.

jphaxx
05-15-2009, 12:28 AM
All they was link to a newsday.com article.
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/politics/ny-usguns0712738461may06%2c0%2c977427.story

The rest of the article is about the other gun control stuff. I don't think they're lying... simply linking to a report written and reporting on the other gun control stuff that's going on.

lioneaglegriffin
05-15-2009, 1:00 AM
the other post is at the bottom of someone else s long inaccurate thread, it is only similar...not a dupe.

ok this thead is a anti-infowars thread then.

gunsmith
05-15-2009, 1:32 AM
All they was link to a newsday.com article.
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/politics/ny-usguns0712738461may06%2c0%2c977427.story

The rest of the article is about the other gun control stuff. I don't think they're lying... simply linking to a report written and reporting on the other gun control stuff that's going on.

however, keep in mind that they claim K Gillibrand is introducing the new AWB, they know, I know, everyone but people reading infowars/prisonplanet knows Gillibrand isn't introducing AWB.
Its is a lie, a stupid lie that distracts from real issues.
When McCarthy introduces the bill, prison planet/infowars will not retract their erroneous statements, they will however hype up the new bill, a bill that will not ever be passed. Meanwhile they ignore important stuff, like Nordyke (probably, I refuse to go to their website because their stupid adherents pollute gun websites)
Alex Jones is a huckster getting wealthy off either stupid people or crazy paranoids.

aileron
05-15-2009, 6:08 AM
Thanks for posting gunsmith.

paul0660
05-15-2009, 6:54 AM
Alex Jones is a huckster getting wealthy off either stupid people or crazy paranoids.

yup, and people who should know better.

B Strong
05-15-2009, 5:39 PM
Infowars?

Here's a link to a PDF. This is the DD214 of a "Special Forces" soldier that (according to Alex Jones, who used him as a source) was in the know about 9/11, he was in the Command Headquarters for SF when it went down and saw the Commanding General's computer, which had the information linking Bush, Cheney, the Military Industrial complex et al to 9/11. This soldier also claimed to have fought in Afghanistan, and saw freinds killed, etc.

Attention vets - how many problems do you find with the 214 as proof for the kids story?

http://www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/LChavez_214.pdf

When this kid was exposed, Jones explaination was that the kid was a plant.

Anybody remember what Herb Caen said about sources - "Check 'em and lose 'em."

I don't believe that Jones cares even that much about his product.

AntiBubba 2.1
05-15-2009, 10:11 PM
So where did the other thread go? That's the REAL conspiracy here!

dustoff31
05-16-2009, 9:03 AM
Why are we arguing about this? Who introduces respressive gun laws doesn't really matter.

Who will vote for or against them does.

McCarthy was on TV just yesterday, saying that she and Feinstein will introduce a new AWB within the next few weeks.

gunsmith
05-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Why are we arguing about this? Who introduces respressive gun laws doesn't really matter.

Who will vote for or against them does.

McCarthy was on TV just yesterday, saying that she and Feinstein will introduce a new AWB within the next few weeks.

First, it isn't an argument.
Second it's "repressive" not "respressive".

Third, it is a misinformation campaign designed to get more anti's into office and distract gun owners from real threats to gun rights.

There are a lot of issues out there demanding our time and attention, when we are distracted by wild goose chases they slip harmful regulation under the radar.

Another effect is gun owners would be less likely to vote for Gillibrand if we let the LIES go unchallenged, we need more D allies not less.

If gun owners do not vote for the good politicians we get the bad ones, you may not have a problem with McCarthy, I sure as hell do.

prisonplanet/infowars help the anti gunners with their misinformation.
They are becoming a serious enemy of freedom and gun ownership.

dustoff31
05-16-2009, 1:43 PM
you may not have a problem with McCarthy, I sure as hell do.

Where on earth did you get the idea that I don't have a problem with McCarthy?

I don't read Prison Planet, Alex Jones, or Info Wars. I find them about as laughable as the idea that a pro-gun democrat would be elected in a state wide New York election.

jphaxx
05-16-2009, 1:46 PM
however, keep in mind that they claim K Gillibrand is introducing the new AWB, they know, I know, everyone but people reading infowars/prisonplanet knows Gillibrand isn't introducing AWB.
Its is a lie, a stupid lie that distracts from real issues.
When McCarthy introduces the bill, prison planet/infowars will not retract their erroneous statements, they will however hype up the new bill, a bill that will not ever be passed. Meanwhile they ignore important stuff, like Nordyke (probably, I refuse to go to their website because their stupid adherents pollute gun websites)

I don't think they're hyping anything. And I hope you're not calling me stupid. I don't agree with everything the man says, but anyone who sheds light on anti-gun (anti-freedom) bills deserves to be commended whether they pass or not. You know, we make a big deal out of something like AB 357 even though we know it has a high probability of not passing. He's also a huge reason why Ron Paul has so much support. Ron Paul has even stated that a large portion of his support comes from Alex. Whether you disagree with someone or not, he's still doing us all a favor by shedding light on anti-american bills

gunsmith
05-16-2009, 3:07 PM
I don't think they're hyping anything. And I hope you're not calling me stupid. I don't agree with everything the man says, but anyone who sheds light on anti-gun (anti-freedom) bills deserves to be commended whether they pass or not. You know, we make a big deal out of something like AB 357 even though we know it has a high probability of not passing. He's also a huge reason why Ron Paul has so much support. Ron Paul has even stated that a large portion of his support comes from Alex. Whether you disagree with someone or not, he's still doing us all a favor by shedding light on anti-american bills

Yeah, he is doing the gun rights community a big favor through lying and hysteria and insulting our allies in the Democrat party.

With "favors" like that, who even needs VPC and the million mom march?

jphaxx
05-16-2009, 3:27 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/13/new-york-dems-taunt-gillibrand-gun-control-positions/

"Gillibrand has been more in line with her Democratic colleagues on the issue of gun control since joining the Senate."
"She recently co-sponsored the Senate version of a bill that McCarthy, along with Rep. Mike Castle, R-Del., introduced to require background checks on all firearm sales at gun shows."
"Canter said Gillibrand is working with gun control groups and Capitol Hill colleagues on these issues.

But McCarthy also plans to introduce an assault-weapons ban in the coming weeks.

McCarthy reportedly has called that bill a "test" for Gillibrand."

http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2009/05/02/opinion/doc49fb0782ac85d088221476.txt

"Gillibrand also is working with the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, New Yorkers Against Gun Violence and others to come up with additional legislation that would target traffickers of illegal guns."

"Gillibrand is a co-sponsor of a bill introduced last week by Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., that would close a gaping loophole in the federal gun show law."

How does that make her an "ally".

7x57
05-16-2009, 7:54 PM
Second it's "repressive" not "respressive".

I don't know, I fear "respressive" laws the most. I have no idea what that means, and the unknown is always the worst. ;)

7x57

Gp100
05-17-2009, 1:29 AM
How can we win in California with so many anti gun,anti liberty,anti truth gun owners posting threads like this here in California? Alex Jones is a valuable patriot to the USA! Please lets not fight each other, give me LIBERTY.

gunsmith
05-17-2009, 4:11 AM
How can we win in California with so many anti gun,anti liberty,anti truth gun owners posting threads like this here in California? Alex Jones is a valuable patriot to the USA! Please lets not fight each other, give me LIBERTY.

How is he valuable?

He is a liar, his chicken little BS is a distraction, you'll be far better informed without him.

IMO, only idiots and crazy people use his website for information/news.

gunsmith
05-17-2009, 4:15 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/13/new-york-dems-taunt-gillibrand-gun-control-positions/

"Gillibrand has been more in line with her Democratic colleagues on the issue of gun control since joining the Senate."
"She recently co-sponsored the Senate version of a bill that McCarthy, along with Rep. Mike Castle, R-Del., introduced to require background checks on all firearm sales at gun shows."
"Canter said Gillibrand is working with gun control groups and Capitol Hill colleagues on these issues.

But McCarthy also plans to introduce an assault-weapons ban in the coming weeks.

McCarthy reportedly has called that bill a "test" for Gillibrand."

http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2009/05/02/opinion/doc49fb0782ac85d088221476.txt

"Gillibrand also is working with the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, New Yorkers Against Gun Violence and others to come up with additional legislation that would target traffickers of illegal guns."

"Gillibrand is a co-sponsor of a bill introduced last week by Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., that would close a gaping loophole in the federal gun show law."

How does that make her an "ally".

If she votes for fluff that never passes, it doesn't harm us at all and increases her chances of getting re-elected.
We need dems we can talk to, not ones who never talk to us.

B Strong
05-17-2009, 8:59 AM

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jones is every bit of that.

Anti-Truth? Jones cares not one bit for truth. He cares about his empire of the deluded, and the sound of his own voice.

dwtt
05-17-2009, 11:55 AM
When the original thread showed up, some of us didn't believe the B.S., but unfortunately, there were quite a few who were poorly informed and latched onto the slightest negative news to announce the sky was falling like Chicken Little. It's amazing some people still believe this stuff.