View Full Version : Steyr M-9: Not CA Legal?

05-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Unless I'm missing something, it looks to me like the M-9 Steyr pistol is not on the CA list. Is there a call for these pistols? I'm guessing if it was to be added to the list it would have happened already.

05-25-2005, 5:09 AM
No Steyr pistol is California-certified. Steyr's US distribution went through some turbulent times in the early 2000s, and as a result, they were never submitted for certification. I am hoping that the newer "A1" versions are submitted for certification.

I own a Steyr S9, the subcompact. I did have an M40 and M357, but I sold them.

05-25-2005, 5:17 AM
If you would likw one, you will have to find a PP that has one for sale. Thats what i did for my M-40. In fact i got mine from MR. Lunde a few years ago. Great pistol, never fails to go bang, even when i did a 1000 round 24 hr. test with no cleaning.

05-25-2005, 5:49 AM
I am glad to hear that the M40 is still enjoying its new home.

05-25-2005, 7:30 AM
Originally posted by Sharnhorst:
Great pistol, never fails to go bang, even when i did a 1000 round 24 hr. test with no cleaning.

Wow, you have the budget to do a 1,000 round test just for grins? http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Should we all be so lucky!

06-13-2005, 7:16 PM
I had a chance to shoot "new" Steyr pistols at Shooting Sports Fair. Talked to the rep at the shooting booth and they said that they are going to submit the "new" Steyr pistols to CA for approval.

To be honest, I wasn't really interested in the pistol but I did notice that the mag well area looked a little different & it still had a same "triangle" sights. It pointed really well & trigger was quite good for a service pistol.

But, I was more interested in Steyr Tactical 308 rifle. Almost $2K. Only if I had that kind of money...