PDA

View Full Version : Shiping C&R over state lines.

kalguns
05-14-2009, 1:01 PM
I had 2 Mosins shipped over from Missouri. The seller who is a private seller used and FFL to ship them to my FFL.
The MO FFL did not include a Firearms Shipment Approval letter generated by CFLC.

My question to you experts is "Can the seller just provide a copy of his drivers license and forgo trying to get his MO FFL(who refuses) to get the Firearms Shipment Approval letter?"
PLEASE HELP!!!

I posted In the C&R section also. I just trying to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Dirtbiker
05-14-2009, 1:08 PM
The seller can ship direct to your FFL with a copy of a DL. The second FFL is not required.

But, some FFLs will not accept from a private person so check with them first.

ke6guj
05-14-2009, 1:11 PM
My guess it that it is not ok for the seller to provide HIS DL info now that the firearms have already been shipped by the MO FFL. If the recipient FFL accepted the shipment from the MO FFL, he would need to enter them into his bound book as coming FROM the MO FFL. At that point, he needs the CFLC info for the shipment.

Had the seller shipped them directly to the CA FFL and not used an MO FFL, then the MO seller's DL would have been acceptable.

Sounds like the seller is gonna have to either get the MO FFL to step up and do the CFLC, or the shipment is gonna go back to the MO FFL.

zinfull
05-14-2009, 1:29 PM
If you are going to collect C&R long guns get a FFL03 & COE. The hassle from this purchase would of made the hassle of a license worth the time and effort. Just ask the MO FFL to enter the info and then send the letter.

Jerry

kalguns
05-14-2009, 1:59 PM
If you are going to collect C&R long guns get a FFL03 & COE. The hassle from this purchase would of made the hassle of a license worth the time and effort. Just ask the MO FFL to enter the info and then send the letter.

Jerry

I am in the process the deal was to good to pass up.
Thanks you guys!

TRICKSTER
06-02-2009, 3:14 PM
You don't need a "Firearms Shipment Approval letter generated by CFLC"
for C&R long guns.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/2008-BOF-01.pdf

kalguns
06-02-2009, 3:44 PM
Danm where were you a week ago. They have already been sent back.