PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy and install FO sights?

AgentAK
05-14-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm looking to get sights on a Glock 26. Thinking about the Heine/Dawson combo. Any suggestion on where to get them in the North Orange County area?

will227457
05-14-2009, 1:07 PM
heine has a website google it...install them your self its real easy....

AgentAK
05-14-2009, 4:51 PM
Thank's but I really want to see them. I'm kind of thinking about the "over 50" ones as my eyesight isn't what it use to be. Installing them myself kinda scares the crap out of me after watching a "Glock Armorer" install some night sights at a local range/store. The guy was beating them on with a hammer, and i mean he was really hitting it HARD! Maybe that's how it's done, but I'm sure not going to be trying it!

CaptainGlock
05-14-2009, 4:54 PM
Thank's but I really want to see them. I'm kind of thinking about the "over 50" ones as my eyesight isn't what it use to be. Installing them myself kinda scares the crap out of me after watching a "Glock Armorer" install some night sights at a local range/store. The guy was beating them on with a hammer, and i mean he was really hitting it HARD! Maybe that's how it's done, but I'm sure not going to be trying it!

Beating on night sights with a hammer? :eek: No, that is NOT how it's done!

AgentAK
05-14-2009, 5:03 PM
Yeah, I watched the guy beating it on the metal edge of the glass counter and then he moved the slide to a wooden stool. I was cringing the whole time. The owner of the gun was just standing there watching it happen.

esskay
05-14-2009, 5:53 PM
That's frightening. A shop should have a sight pusher!

As others mentioned, it's really straight forward.

Find a buddy with a Glock sight pusher, and you can just push out the old rear sight and push in the new one.

For the front sight, you pop out the old one and screw in/loctite the new one. Some sight sets come with the little mini-socket to help with this.

ETA: If you go to any local match (IPSC/USPSA/IDPA) there will be an embarrassment of riches of different types of sights that you can eyeball!