View Full Version : Accuracy systems mini-14...anyone here own?

06-07-2005, 4:44 PM
I keep looking (every six months or so) at Accuracy Systems Mini-14s. Granted, they are pricey (ouch!). But, they come with an MOA guarantee and look like they might fit the bill of many permutations...accuracy of bolt gun, semi-auto with detachable mags, reliability for SHTF, etc. Basically since we can't get a highly accurized AR this seems like the next best...perhaps? Or, perhaps not?

Does anyone here own one? How do they perform? Will their barrels take milsurp and Wolf? How many rounds is a stainless barrel good for? Overall opinions?

Mace Windu, is that an Accuracy Systems Mini in the photo you posted in the SU-16 versus mini thread?

06-07-2005, 6:22 PM
I own one. Just found out about this site yesterday and registered today, I've been selling and buying on gunbroker.

I spent alot of money on it, $1,000 plus over the past two years including upgrades, etc. Not sure if it is worth it, depends on the individual and bank account. It looks really cool though, lots of compliments.

It shoots tight groups but I tend to move a bit, so my shots can be off - it's me not the rifle.

Not sure about your questions, I shoot a range of bullets - target grade to match with no problems.

06-08-2005, 9:08 AM
There's a seller on gunbroker selling one. Here is the link: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=32913371

Note: I have no affiliation with the seller and all that legal crap. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Here is a picture of a 3-gun competitor shooting an Accuracy Systems Mini-14 in OPEN class:

Take that you AR-15 shooters!!!!

06-08-2005, 9:18 AM
Don't waste your money. If you want a tack driver buy a bolt-action instead.

06-08-2005, 5:16 PM
Originally posted by kalibear:
Don't waste your money. If you want a tack driver buy a bolt-action instead.

Bling Bling
06-08-2005, 5:39 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that no one seems to like mini 14's or mini 30's. Almost any other gun I own I can sell it for at least what I paid for it. Not my mini 30. If you even try to knock off $70 from what you bought it from and try to sell it, people will complain that you're being unreasonable. There is no market for mini 14's or mini 30's. But if you keep it forever because you like it, than who cares about resale?