PDA

View Full Version : Show me 5 Egyptian 9mm guns - SFBAY ONLY

rivviepop
05-14-2009, 9:58 AM
Following in the tradition Seed started, show me 5 Egyptian 9mm handguns (Tokagypt, Helwan/Maadi, Lugers, etc.) and I will pick a random number, you get the below corrosive 9mm Egyptian ammo to keep with your gun, probably as a collector's item more than anything. :) Briefly describe the handgun (hey, add a story if you want).

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/rivviepop/egyptian_9mm_640.jpg

Flogger23m
05-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Following in the tradition Seed started, show me 5 Egyptian 9mm handguns (Tokagypt, Helwan/Maadi, Lugers, etc.) and I will pick a random number, you get the below corrosive 9mm Egyptian ammo to keep with your gun, probably as a collector's item more than anything. :) Briefly describe the handgun (hey, add a story if you want).
/egyptian_9mm_640.jpg[/IMG]

Do we have to own 5 Egyptian 9mm handguns to get the free ammo?

rivviepop
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Do we have to own 5 Egyptian 9mm handguns to get the free ammo?

No, see Seed's recent thread - 5 people post (you can post multiple guns, but you only count one time) and I use a random number picker from 1 to 5 to get the ammo. I scaled back from 10 to 5, as Egyptian 9mm's are more rare than the 380s he posted about. It's all in good fun & karma in these times of $50/box ammo madness and ripoffs.

Saigon1965
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Wish I have one to play - Good luck everyone -

Flogger23m
05-14-2009, 10:13 AM
That is nice, considering the price of ammo these days. :thumbsup:

I don't have any handguns, so I won't be able to post. :p

Good luck to the winner.

hybridatsun350
05-14-2009, 10:30 AM
I can post pics of some Egyptian guns, but I don't own any! lol

bohoki
05-14-2009, 10:39 AM
i have a helwan and man i can tell you stories

the first time i took it out i shot about 10 shots 8 rounds per mag so it was just after the first mag change the rear sight just fell off

i found it and tried to slide it back in the groove but it wouldn't stay i pushed it too far and i was shooting 2 lanes to the right so i just took it off put it in my bag and fired it some more with no rear sight (i guess i'm pretty good at imagining where the rear sight should be

so i went home and put red locktite under it and held it where the marks are and it stayed put

the second time out i was noticing randomly the slide woult jsut want to try to detach from the frame the slide lock lever would just flip itself at first i thought maybe my finger was hitting it during recoil and there are all kinds of little dents under the slide where it is hitting till it randomly enters the lever movement notch
looking at it a while and fiddling with it i realize how easy the lever can move and delving deeper i take the slide off and the rear of the guide rod has an inner ring and a center circle the center circle is supposed to hold the lever from moving any bu laying against its flat but the outer ring had a kind of bur on it and was keeping it just a little off the flat of the lever so i filled it a bit and how it holds the lever in place fairly sturdy

third time out i was shooting then it just jammed halfway back it wouldnt budge and there was no cartidge in the way or anything it was like an invisible case was stovepiped so after beating it on the wood bench for a while it loosened up but i heard rattling inside so i took the slide off and a little tiny screw was in with the recoil spring i saw it was the little screw that holds the locking block to the barrel i tried to screw it back in but the screw had almost no threads and it wouldn't hold so i just put it in a baggie and fired the gun the rest of the day without the screw(works fine to this day)

the next time out the magazine button just popped off i guess the gun wasnt designed for all these magazine changes luckily i found the spring and screw and screwed it in nice and tight(so far this has held to this day as well)

the next time out it just decides to not hold the slide back on the last round anymore judging by looking at the follower shelf i'm suprised it ever did so i took a file and made it a bit deeper and so far to this day it seems to be locking the slide back

so short of the difficulty of finding an affordable auxillary magazine i would say its a fairly ok gun for egyptian standards

ps you can keep the ammo i paraphrase george carlin when i say i wouldn't shoot egyptian ammo with a stolen dick

JTROKS
05-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Nice! I sold my Helwan years ago. Goodluck to all.

SCMA-1
05-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Bought in the late 80's; paid $100. I'm in Socal though.:( Does that mean I don't qualify for the ammo?

SCMA-1

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww140/webbiz1/IMG_1150.jpg

jyo
05-14-2009, 2:24 PM
Way back in the 80s, while working at B&B in North Hollywood, I had the chance to buy a Helwan 9mm pistol serial# 666---smelled like wrapped in camel sewage! I passed.

mala in se
05-14-2009, 2:51 PM
On my trip to Egypt a few years back, we saw a small stone house on the other side of a canal and were fantasizing about finding a fridge with cold drinks. Instead, we found three soldiers, pointing their guns (Hakim 8mms), shouting “hands up” in Arabic before arresting us on the spot. "Welcome to Egypt,” said one man in uniform. Meanwhile, their camels packed with most of their gear vanished temporarily into the fading sunlight. Late that night, a truck came to drive us to the Abu Simbel police station.

I'm still alive and ticking. :thumbsup:

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/images/04-04-08-hakim.jpg

ColdC
05-14-2009, 5:03 PM
What happened to SEED's thread requesting photos of .380s? It disappeared. Forum moderator delete it?

rivviepop
05-14-2009, 5:12 PM
What happened to SEED's thread requesting photos of .380s? It disappeared. Forum moderator delete it?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=183653

He re-titled it.

ColdC
05-14-2009, 7:53 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=183653

He re-titled it.

Doh! Thanks! Found it.
C