PDA

View Full Version : Design philosophy of the DAK trigger

Frostbite
05-13-2009, 4:06 PM
So, I've been reading about how the DAK operates and as I understand it, the trigger has an intermediate reset point. You get a heavier trigger pull at the first trigger reset position, being about 8.5 pounds. If you let the trigger fully reset, you end up with a 6.5 pound pull.

My question is, why would you want a heavier pull at the shorter reset point? It seems like if you wanted to do a quick follow-up shot, you'd want a lighter pull so you don't mess too much with your sight picture.

Anyone care to explain this one to me?

jlchavis0844
05-13-2009, 9:17 PM
So, I've been reading about how the DAK operates and as I understand it, the trigger has an intermediate reset point. You get a heavier trigger pull at the first trigger reset position, being about 8.5 pounds. If you let the trigger fully reset, you end up with a 6.5 pound pull.

My question is, why would you want a heavier pull at the shorter reset point? It seems like if you wanted to do a quick follow-up shot, you'd want a lighter pull so you don't mess too much with your sight picture.

Anyone care to explain this one to me?

Prevents accidental double taps?

user5412
05-14-2009, 2:26 AM
I have a P226 and a P229 in DAK. I find the reset easier to control because it is a heavier pull. I notice most shooters tend to press too hard on the second shot. Although I do not even notice the difference in trigger pull because I am concentrating on making it a smooth pull, and on the front sight.

trinydex
05-14-2009, 9:27 AM
a lot of the double action only trigger mods are for law enforcement who may have to carry decocked or must carry double action only or something like that. having each pull be deliberate is important for law enforcement because they have to be accountable for each shot fired.

Jonathan Doe
05-14-2009, 11:37 AM
The heavier pull is an accidental feature from the design of the DAK system rather than an intended designed feature. At least that was what I was told at the Sig armorer school.