PDA

View Full Version : HAZMAT shipping

EOD3
05-13-2009, 3:06 PM
I need to ship some primers to a friend of mine back east but, Oops and FedUp tell me I can't do it without a hazmat certification AND a hazardous contract with them.

Do any of you know anyone with such an account?

mcat707
05-13-2009, 4:44 PM
Correct me if Im wrong fellas, but I think you can ship primers through UPS Ground service as long as its shipped out directly from their UPS Customer Center location (not UPS Store) and the box has to be marked ORM-D small arms ammo.

halifax
05-13-2009, 6:56 PM
Correct me if Im wrong fellas, but I think you can ship primers through UPS Ground service as long as its shipped out directly from their UPS Customer Center location (not UPS Store) and the box has to be marked ORM-D small arms ammo.

No, that only applies to loaded cartridges. Powder and primers require a hazardous shipper contract with UPS or FedX.

cgseanp1
05-13-2009, 6:59 PM
No, that only applies to loaded cartridges. Powder and primers require a hazardous shipper contract with UPS or FedX.

correct. I would like to know if anyone in San Diego has a hazmat cert so I can sell some Varget on GB for 800 and then legally ship it off :) haha jk.