PDA

View Full Version : New Jack Weiss .50cal commercial

Sobriquet
05-13-2009, 3:17 AM
Does anyone have a link to the new Jack Weiss commercial that talks about .50 caliber bans and includes the sound of a weapon racking after every speaking point?

I found the ad particularly disgusting. I'll certainly be voting for Trutanich in the May 19th election. It's repugnant that even a politician would trample the rights of citizens in order to attain office. Shame on you, Mr. Weiss.

nick
05-13-2009, 3:28 AM
The guy's pathetic. Then again, we elect quite a few pathetic politicians on a regular basis. My family in L.A. will be voting for Trutanich, of course. The only regret I have for not living in L.A. is that I won't be able to do this, as well. Then again, it's not worth living in L.A.

Citizen Snips
05-13-2009, 4:44 AM
Dude's almost as nutty as Jack Thompson.

bwiese
05-13-2009, 8:59 AM
Jack Weiss is actually doing a pretty good job of self-destruction.

RomanDad
05-13-2009, 9:21 AM

When your enemies are destroying themselves, get out of their way.

HowardW56
05-13-2009, 9:40 AM
Jack Weiss is desperate... He wasn't that popular before he had viable opposition, just arrogant enough to think that name recognition would carry him...

Sobriquet
05-13-2009, 5:24 PM
Seriously - is the ad available somewhere? I'd like to show it to a few friends to make sure they show up to vote.

Sobriquet
05-13-2009, 5:50 PM
I just saw another new commercial on Food Network of all places. Now he's bashing him for being anti-environment and defending a (gasp!) sea lion shooter.

I've heard of red herrings, but that was my first red sea lion. Where are Trutanich's ads? I haven't seen a single one.

Jack Straw from Wichita
05-13-2009, 5:57 PM
Is this the ad in question?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPcPrxH3I0s

sfwdiy
05-13-2009, 5:59 PM
I've heard of red herrings, but that was my first red sea lion. Where are Trutanich's ads? I haven't seen a single one.

Trutanich runs most of his ads on network stations. You know, so voters will actually see them. :thumbsup: It seems he might be a bit smarter than Weiss.

--B

Sobriquet
05-13-2009, 6:08 PM

That was it, thank you very much. 8 views on that ad. lol

Digital_Hate
05-13-2009, 6:16 PM
Trutanich runs most of his ads on network stations. You know, so voters will actually see them. :thumbsup: It seems he might be a bit smarter than Weiss.

--B

he was on one of the public radio stations the other day. he answered question rather well. Even when most callers seemed against him. i don't remember the station but they always mentioned NPR and it was in the I.E

Sam
05-13-2009, 6:20 PM
That was it, thank you very much. 8 views on that ad. lol

and all from Calgunners who saw this thread!

That ad is gross.

Sobriquet
05-13-2009, 6:43 PM
Shocker - they just disabled ratings and comments. I'd given it 1 star.

M. Sage
05-13-2009, 6:46 PM

LOL, ratings and comments disabled.

Gee... someone afraid of criticism?

Sobriquet
05-13-2009, 7:22 PM
LOL, ratings and comments disabled.

Gee... someone afraid of criticism?

He doesn't respect your 2nd Amendment rights, what makes you think he'd respect your 1st Amendment rights?

RRangel
05-13-2009, 7:31 PM
Welcome to 2009, we have incorporation now. Someone forgot to tell Jack Weiss to get off of the anti 2nd Amendment rampage. It's bad for his image. ;)

WokMaster1
05-13-2009, 8:20 PM

No relation, right?:eek::D

Sgt Raven
05-13-2009, 10:01 PM
No relation, right?:eek::D

Not even close in the spellings.

CSACANNONEER
05-13-2009, 10:13 PM
"Murderous 50 caliber ammunition" needs to be off the streets. I can't remember the last time any ammunition was accused, let alone convict of murder though. So, I can assume that all calibers of "murderous ammunition are already off the streets.

My target and plinking 50 cal ammo should NEVER be banned!

Sobriquet
05-13-2009, 10:18 PM
I finally saw a Trutanich ad on network TV tonight. Good stuff.

JDay
05-13-2009, 10:36 PM
"Murderous 50 caliber ammunition" needs to be off the streets. I can't remember the last time any ammunition was accused, let alone convict of murder though. So, I can assume that all calibers of "murderous ammunition are already off the streets.

And just how many people have been murdered with a .50BMG rifle?

workinwifdakids
05-13-2009, 10:56 PM

Never bring up anything pertinent. It just pisses people off.

gcvt
05-13-2009, 10:58 PM

I laughed at the too. I had to rewind a few times just to make sure they said "murderous".

Murderous means capable of, or intending to, murder. Last time I checked, inanimate objects have a very hard time committing murder. Maybe they know something we don't know :eek:

Tillers_Rule
05-13-2009, 11:00 PM
So now they are working on banning guns at a city level? These guys are clowns. I couldn't tell if that was supposed to be a typewriter sound or a gun, until I saw the "Murderous .50 Caliber" round on there:eek:

CSACANNONEER
05-14-2009, 6:14 AM

Maybe, one or two. But, no one has ever been murdered BY any gun or any other inanimate object. Weiss is so stupid tht he can't even speak proper english. How the hell could anyone expect him to be capable of reading and properly understanding any law? If this commercial is any indication of his intelligence, even if he gets elected, he'll never be able to do the job.

M. D. Van Norman
05-14-2009, 7:36 AM
How should I convince my liberal, Democratic family members in L.A. to vote for Trutanich?

AntiBubba 2.1
05-14-2009, 11:51 PM
"Murderous 50 caliber ammunition"

I for one will sleep sounder knowing the Crips can't get Barrett rifles.

lioneaglegriffin
05-15-2009, 1:07 AM
I for one will sleep sounder knowing the Crips can't get Barrett rifles.

screw them its all about MS 13 these days.

jdberger
05-15-2009, 1:15 AM
How should I convince my liberal, Democratic family members in L.A. to vote for Trutanich?

Carmen defends the poor and the needy (he does do criminal defense).

Weiss is connected to the corrupt power structure which needs to be toppled for the TRUE REVOLUTION to begin. Then we can round up all the CAPITALIST PIGS and....and...

UP AGAINST THE WALL!!!

How's that work for you?

cousinkix1953
05-15-2009, 2:02 AM
he was on one of the public radio stations the other day. he answered question rather well. Even when most callers seemed against him. i don't remember the station but they always mentioned NPR and it was in the I.E
Sounds like KCRW FM in Santa Monica which is the primary so-Cal NPR station...

cousinkix1953
05-15-2009, 2:06 AM
He doesn't respect your 2nd Amendment rights, what makes you think he'd respect your 1st Amendment rights?
No surprise to me. It's no accident that most of those anti-gun congressmen are also co-sponsors of the renewed Fairness Doctrine. Feinstein and her allies will take your guns. Then they will silence most of those radio and TV stations, which you might utilize to oppose their fascist regeime. Weiss has two words for his critics; "shut up"...

lioneaglegriffin
05-16-2009, 2:35 PM
here is a mailer i recieved in the mail today:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l85/lioneaglegriffin/weissad.jpg

cousinkix1953
05-17-2009, 7:13 AM
You should send a message back to this guy and thank him for mentioning the radical CRPA and then vote accordingly. These anti-gun politicians should be overwhelmed with mail from people, who vote against them too...

lioneaglegriffin
05-17-2009, 9:35 AM
You should send a message back to this guy and thank him for mentioning the radical CRPA and then vote accordingly. These anti-gun politicians should be overwhelmed with mail from people, who vote against them too...

lol radical CRPA. weren't people complaining about the CRPA not doing much a good while ago?

CALI-gula
05-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm only logging in today to post this one thing:

Jack Weiss is a puke. :puke:

darkiceman56
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM
right now on ch.7 theres a debate between carmen trutanich and jack weiss for la attorney.

lioneaglegriffin
05-17-2009, 5:48 PM
I'm only logging in today to post this one thing:

Jack Weiss is a puke. :puke:

I know, even my council member hates him. (Janice Hahn)

HowardW56
05-17-2009, 5:51 PM
I know, even my council member hates him. (Janice Hahn)

It might be easiere to ask who likes Jack Weiss.... Fewer numbers to tally....

cousinkix1953
05-17-2009, 9:40 PM
right now on ch.7 theres a debate between carmen trutanich and jack weiss for la attorney.
Los Angeles county already has one pistol packing DA, who puts criminals in his jail for gun related crimes.

Most city attorneys proof read the city council's ordinances before those become new laws. They defend personal injury lawsuits, filed by people, who get hurt in a park or are beat up by the police.

Most of us don't even know who our CA is without looking this information up. Smell A and Frisco must be the only cities; where candidates run their campaigns for this position based upon non-issues like gun control, abortion and illegal immigration...