View Full Version : Hi from Antioch

05-12-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm Chris, 45 years old (in a couple of weeks), college graduate and in the engineering field, and am kinda getting back into the collecting/hunting thing.

I haven't hunted in years and my son is begging me to take him. He has been a couple of times with his Grandpa (Viet Nam vet and Navy Seal) and only once brought home a large pig. Me, I haven't bagged anything since a few deer in Maine back in my college days.

My son (16 years old) is into the XBOX 360 stuff pretty big and Call of Duty games, etc...He got me interested in some of the older collector rifles that we are looking into such as the Mosin Nagant, AK's and M1 rifles. BTW, he is mature for his age and highly responsible and respectful of the power behind some of the weapons I own and has shot all of them. We took the Hunter's Safety Course together a couple years ago when we moved here.

I own a few weapons that I'm not so sure I should advertise (although every one of them is legal and registered and nothing crazy).

A few weeks ago, at the shooting range in Concord/Martinez we met a great guy, Andy (I think his name was) and he had a wealth of information for both my son and I. He recommended this site.

What do we look to gain from this site??? Knowledge and information. We are looking into building an AR-15 and would like to purchase an older style (for novelty and historical sake) AK-47 before Obama pulls rank. So far, in the last few weeks I have learned more than I have in the last ten years about gun ownership, rights and laws, gunsmithing and just general information and plain fun.

We are in the market for a couple of hunting rifles, preferably something in the 300 caliber range and in excellent condition. No brand specifically, just something proven and of good quality.

This is a great site and I support it fully.

Republicans in 2012 !!!!

05-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Welcome to our little corner of the world. Keep a eye out on our for sale forums. We get a lot of traffic for a non national board. There are a lot of Bay Area people here that are willing to help with your AR as well. Count me in as one of them

05-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Thanks Ivan....btw, I noticed your sig, Steven Wright was awesome back in the day, I used to laugh my *** off at his drab one-liners !!!

05-12-2009, 11:51 PM
There was no better at the cerebral jab............:thumbsup:

05-13-2009, 4:25 PM
Welcome to Calguns, you'll enjoy it here!