PDA

View Full Version : Question on whats needed to send a rifle to a FFL

mcat707
05-12-2009, 9:59 PM
I am sending a rifle to a FFL in SoCal for a buyer to do a transfer. I called the FFL and they said all they need from me is a colored copy of my drivers license shipped with the rifle. Now my questions are, do I need a signed copy of their FFL License for my records? Also ,do they need my thumb print to complete the transfer from my end? Is this the correct procedure as a seller shipping a rifle to an FFL?

freakshow10mm
05-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Can't help much beyond this:

Get a signed FFL before you ship.

halifax
05-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I am sending a rifle to a FFL in SoCal for a buyer to do a transfer. I called the FFL and they said all they need from me is a colored copy of my drivers license shipped with the rifle. Now my questions are, do I need a signed copy of their FFL License for my records? Also ,do they need my thumb print to complete the transfer from my end? Is this the correct procedure as a seller shipping a rifle to an FFL?

I require a legible copy of the seller's DL (faxes aren't usually legible for DLs). I fax the seller a copy of my FFL for their records (you should have that before you ship it, CYA). No fingerprint.

mcat707
05-12-2009, 11:16 PM
I require a legible copy of the seller's DL (faxes aren't usually legible for DLs). I fax the seller a copy of my FFL for their records (you should have that before you ship it, CYA). No fingerprint.

Thanks for your help! I just want to have this transfer completed and done correctly.

ke6guj
05-12-2009, 11:22 PM
I fax the seller a copy of my FFL for their records (you should have that before you ship it, CYA).

Some FFLs are unwilling to give a non-licensee a copy of the FFL. IN that case, you should be able to get the FFL # and confirm the FFL through the ATF's EZ-check system, https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/ .

halifax
05-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Some FFLs are unwilling to give a non-licensee a copy of the FFL. IN that case, you should be able to get the FFL # and confirm the FFL through the ATF's EZ-check system, https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/ .

Hell, I've even had one dealer refuse to send a copy of his FFL to me and I'm an FFL holder!

FortCourageArmory
05-13-2009, 2:02 PM
I'm one of those that doesn't like to put my FFL into a non-licensee's hands. I'll give my numer so it can be checked out on EZ Check, but I prefer to only send a copy to another FFL. Reverse CYA.