View Full Version : LLama Max-I 45 L/F (Spain)

05-12-2009, 8:50 PM
Alright boys and girls, I have a real stupid question here. I own a LLama Max-I 45 L/F and am having trouble with the shells not getting loaded in the barrel correctly. I can fire 3-4 shots then it will jam on the side of the feed. I took it in to the gun shop and they told me that the gun was fine, and that it was the type of ammo I was shooting that was making it stick. I have shot almost exclusivly "wolf" 45 auto rounds out of it. As far as I remember those were the only type of round that I had problems with. I notice that if I compare a wolk slug to a blazer slug, that the blazer bullet head is slightly longer than the wolf ammo..If anyone has this problem from their LLama Max-I 45 L/F please tell me what ammo I should be shooting out of it. I really love this gun, would hate to have to let it sit and do nothing..

05-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I had problems with my LLama that I could not get resolved and ended up selling it. Now I wish I would have kept it and made a project gun out of it.
I would try a few different brands of ammo starting with Winchester. The shape of the ammo could be a factor as well as the power level. Weaker ammo could result in the slide not cycling normally.
If that doesn't fix the problem, try different mags. Cheap mags usually will give you feeding problems.
Make sure the feedramp is nice and smooth. Polishing it might help.
Keep us posted on what you come up with.

05-13-2009, 4:43 PM
Try some brass cased fmj ammo with a clean gun. Spanish guns don't have the best rep but some are great or ok, I own more thamn a few. There is a Spanish handgun forum at gunboards.com