PDA

View Full Version : Thought you guys might like this:

chiefcrash
05-12-2009, 3:43 PM
VestAC: basically a little hose to pipe your cruiser's air conditioning under your vest...

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3462/vest20acu.jpg
http://www.bulletproofme.com/Body_Armor_Accessories_Concealable.shtml#Vest-AC

If $35 is too rich for you, i'm sure you could DIY this thing for practically nothing...

Cpl. Haas
05-12-2009, 4:46 PM
Haha, nice... my FTO taught me the ghetto-bob method: with your arm out the window like in the photo, you slouch your shoulders slightly so that your Kevlar gets pushed off your chest. Then as you drive, the breeze flows up your shirt sleeve, under your vest and across your chest, and out your other sleeve. GTG! :thumbsup:

tyrist
05-12-2009, 5:00 PM
Haha, nice... my FTO taught me the ghetto-bob method: with your arm out the window like in the photo, you slouch your shoulders slightly so that your Kevlar gets pushed off your chest. Then as you drive, the breeze flows up your shirt sleeve, under your vest and across your chest, and out your other sleeve. GTG! :thumbsup:

Same method here....even if the air is hot it still feels cold.

gunrun45
05-12-2009, 5:28 PM
I had a buddy who bought one of these... yeah, paint it black, put a button on it and somebody will buy it :rolleyes:

You thought it looked stupid when you were on FTO and you forgot to take your seat belt off and you clotheslided yourself? Try jumping out of your car on a hot call and dragging a black vacume cleaner hose behind you...

I will stick with the good old tried and true cheap SOB ghetto-bob method thanks.

Jwood562
05-13-2009, 1:31 PM
thats better than my method of grabbing with to hands at the collar bone area of the vest and just blowing down my vest

p7m8jg
05-13-2009, 1:36 PM
I would think the kevlar would get destroyed from the inside out - ice cold nipples ripping the fabric when you exit the vehicle.........:smilielol5:

gunrun45
05-13-2009, 6:39 PM
I would think the kevlar would get destroyed from the inside out - ice cold nipples ripping the fabric when you exit the vehicle.........:smilielol5:

Man... I almost peed my pants...

Fire in the Hole
05-13-2009, 6:47 PM
Oh so that's where you are suppose to stick the hose. No wonder I got all those strange looks when I'd keep the hose inserted while standing outside my car to write a ticket. Guess I should have read the manual. But it did eliminate jock itch.

sgtbuck
05-13-2009, 9:26 PM
Oh so that's where you are suppose to stick the hose. No wonder I got all those strange looks when I'd keep the hose inserted while standing outside my car to write a ticket. Guess I should have read the manual. But it did eliminate jock itch.

:rofl2:

jdberger
05-13-2009, 9:34 PM

Ask anyone in an M1 Abrams tank where they put the hose for the gas masks. Them tanks get mighty warm in the desert. :thumbsup: