PDA

View Full Version : Ruger P89 9mm black (North OC)

Unit74
05-12-2009, 2:02 AM
Perfect... not a scuff on it.

Comes with a Houge grip, two 10 round factory mags, factory loader, orig box and manuals and two repair kits to fix up those worn out mags you already own for this gun. I am the orig. owner and have put less than a box of ammo through it.

I'm in North OC area for a FTF at a local FFL. Turners in Orange or Stockade in Westminster works well for me, but we can talk if need be.

$350

Post up in this ad and we will go from there.

BigBoyPinoy
05-12-2009, 4:48 AM
PM sent check PMs

Unit74
05-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Also have the original plastic grips I found in the safe. They go with it too....

But the Houge on this gun just melts into your hands, I see no need to put stock grips back on. I wish my Glock felt this way..

Rifle Fetish
05-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Nice gun, my dad loves his. I just put a Houge Handall on my P95 and I have to admit, the rubber does seem to "melt" into your hand.

Good luck with the sale...

Unit74
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
I just put a Houge Handall on my P95 and I have to admit, the rubber does seem to "melt" into your hand.

Doesn't it? :thumbsup: It's great feeling.

flatovercrest
05-12-2009, 3:17 PM
I'll take it, pending you accepting the request I just PMed you.

Unit74
05-12-2009, 4:36 PM
Drive is too far away to meet right now Flat. If things work out different, holler at me...

Jbox
05-12-2009, 4:47 PM
Bump for a great gun....I have the Houge grips on mine as well it's amazing the difference it makes from the stock grips.

AbinSur
05-12-2009, 7:34 PM
Another "I wish I'd never sold it" firearm. I believe the used P89 I bought had 10K rounds through it, I put another 5K then sold it to a maniac who's put another 10K though it. None of us can recall a single jam or FTF. Fair price for a great gun. Good luck!

Unit74
05-13-2009, 2:14 PM
Another "I wish I'd never sold it" firearm. I believe the used P89 I bought had 10K rounds through it, I put another 5K then sold it to a maniac who's put another 10K though it. None of us can recall a single jam or FTF. Fair price for a great gun. Good luck!

Yea... I'm kinda torn about selling it. But, the wife just gave me hell for picking up a new FN FivesSeven so I gotta make some ground by selling a gun.

Xerxes
05-13-2009, 6:40 PM
Another "I wish I'd never sold it" firearm. I believe the used P89 I bought had 10K rounds through it, I put another 5K then sold it to a maniac who's put another 10K though it. None of us can recall a single jam or FTF. Fair price for a great gun. Good luck!Yea... I'm kinda torn about selling it. But, the wife just gave me hell for picking up a new FN FivesSeven so I gotta make some ground by selling a gun.

I have to agree about reliability.

I think I had only a half dozen rounds not function in nearly 5k+ fired, which is something since I put a lot of junk through my Ruger because like the Mikey commercial....

".........I know.....lets get Ruger (sic Mikey) to shoot that junk ammo..."

I am surprised it was not a lot more as in every instance it jammed and way more that it did not, it was old ammo that was dented, had prior primer strikes, gouges on the bullets, etc. Basically all those problem rounds that hung up while shooting I would collect then shoot them through my Ruger so maybe six problem in over 500+ such types of rounds is something.

I have not had a single failure with factory fresh ammo which is really really something.

I have to say its more reliable than both my Glock 19 and Sig 228.

Only thing is the accuracy has something to be desired. Maybe its that loose tolerances argument about trading accuracy for reliability or something.

Can I ask if you find your Glock more accurate than this Ruger (like my results).

I can tell you it is hard to beat the price and reliability for these suckers.

How much would you want for just the hogue grips? or if you are not selling any idea who has the best price right now for this particular grip. I really like the way those grips look and can imagine how much better of a grip you can get and it makes me want to put such on my Ruger (which by the way is a P85 black but also have full parts set but receiver for a P89 stainless that I bought for spare parts off ebay for $60 way back when ebay was about free trading and true freedom of commerce).

I think I will get my Ruger out right now and imagine it with these grips.

GOOD LUCK!

kcs1211
05-13-2009, 7:44 PM
Ive got the the same pistol with the same grips. Its a shooter. Never fails.

Jason1981
05-14-2009, 1:33 AM
I live in the I live about 8 hours away near the Sacramento area what's the closest you would be willing to drive to?

Unit74
05-14-2009, 2:03 AM
Not very far...sorry. I'm shacked up in Temecula but work in OC... So anywhere in between there is good for me. I may be coming up to Paso Robles in about 2-3 weeks. But that is an on again off again trip so who knows...

akzl
05-14-2009, 2:34 PM
I'll take it!

Unit74
05-14-2009, 2:46 PM
I'll take it! Got your PM... Let me know.

Deal
05-14-2009, 2:54 PM
OP, your offer on this gun was a good one.

Your Buyer akzl is easy to work with and comes prepared. We have done business together in the past and he is top shelf.

Congrats to you both.

Sorry I missed this one though. :cool: