PDA

View Full Version : non rimfire scope on .22 mag

gibbygoo
05-11-2009, 8:07 PM
I just got a 452 American and only had a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9x40 to mount on it. Will I notice parallax? Also, I can sight it in at a 25 yard indoor range. Would that be sufficient? Should I sight it in an inch low at 25 yards? Most of my shots (hunting) will be under 60 yards.

TKM
05-11-2009, 8:42 PM
That rifle will make your point of impact go away.

If you want to keep pouring them through the same hole you will have to aim a set difference away. Lower is easier to see, but as the range increases they will once again coincide.

It's a terrible dilemma you face, having a rifle so accurate that you have to aim funny. I wish you luck.

Mssr. Eleganté
05-11-2009, 8:50 PM
I just got a 452 American and only had a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9x40 to mount on it. Will I notice parallax?

I thought the Bushnell Elite 3200 had an adjustable objective. :confused: You should be able to set the parallax to whatever range you want.

gibbygoo
05-11-2009, 8:59 PM
That rifle will make your point of impact go away.

If you want to keep pouring them through the same hole you will have to aim a set difference away. Lower is easier to see, but as the range increases they will once again coincide.

It's a terrible dilemma you face, having a rifle so accurate that you have to aim funny. I wish you luck.
huh? Yeah one hole would be nice. I guess I could try to zero at 25 yards, then adjust it at a longer range on the way to my hunting grounds.

I thought the Bushnell Elite 3200 had an adjustable objective. :confused: You should be able to set the parallax to whatever range you want.
Mine does not have AO. :(

Mssr. Eleganté
05-11-2009, 9:20 PM
Mine does not have AO. :(

What is yours set for then? 100 yards? If so then I don't think parallax will be too bad at 60 yards. You should still be able to get squirrel sized groups.

gibbygoo
05-11-2009, 9:28 PM
What is yours set for then? 100 yards? If so then I don't think parallax will be too bad at 60 yards. You should still be able to get squirrel sized groups.
Yeah, I think so. I actually just read the manual and it says to zero at 100 yards if your shots are under that. Right now my savage 93 with craptastic Simmons scope does squirrel head sized groups.