PDA

View Full Version : New member Intro

C-Rock
05-11-2009, 7:33 PM
Hello Calgunners,
I have been on here for a few months now and it's nice to be on a forum with a lot of positive people.
I'm from the Torrance/Southbay area and currently own a Mossberg 500 and am looking to buy my first handgun within the next couple months.
In my past few months of lurking I've learned a lot and been really impressed by the firearms some of you guys own.
Anyways, just wanted to say hello:thumbsup:

Turbinator
05-12-2009, 3:46 PM
Welcome to Calguns, glad you're here. Good luck on your quest for handgun ownership, any idea what you want yet?

Turby

C-Rock
05-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Good luck on your quest for handgun ownership, any idea what you want yet?

Pretty much looking for a 9mm but maybe .40 if the price is right. I'm into the XD9 with the 5" barrel and the I have put plenty rounds through various Glock 17/19's so either of those would be ideal.

I would love a Sig, but I'm only looking to spend $550-ish on the gun, so I think that will probably be out of the question.

Really anything reliable, and clean looking, oh and ambidextrous safety is always a plus (I'm a lefty).

I've seen some awesome deals in the Marketplace, so I'm just hoping to be one of the lucky ones that snatches one up.

Do people tend to have good luck in the WTB section? Or would getting a good deal just happen in my dreams?

operationblackwater
05-14-2009, 9:27 AM
Welcome to CG.

Turbinator
05-14-2009, 4:18 PM
Do people tend to have good luck in the WTB section? Or would getting a good deal just happen in my dreams?

I almost never spend any time in the WTB section. I always cruise the for sale forums.

I think you'll be able to find a good deal on a SIG if you look hard enough - they are out there. Personally, I'd go with the Glock, but that's my personal preference.

Turby