PDA

View Full Version : Gun seizures up: "fire up to 75 bullets at a time"

MolonLabe2008
05-11-2009, 8:05 AM
They can kill from more than four football fields away, shred police officers' vests, fire up to 75 bullets at a time - and they're increasingly showing up in criminals' hands.

Last year, Fort Wayne Police seized 31 semiautomatic rifles, compared with two in 2003, the last year of the federal assault weapons ban that limited the sale of the rifles. The seizure increase and more reports of criminals using the rifles concerns Fort Wayne Police Chief Rusty York.

Semiautomatic rifles a ‘hazard'; seizures are up
http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090511/NEWS/905110328

WOW! A gun that can "fire up to 75 bullets at a time." It must have 75 barrels firing in sync. :rolleyes:

Legasat
05-11-2009, 8:14 AM
Yes, and semiautomatic always meant simultaneous firing of more than one round at a time [/sarcasm]

MrSigmaDOT40
05-11-2009, 8:21 AM
IDIOTS! I saw something I think Saturday on CNN. They were running some crap story about how the kids in Chicago are being killed by assault weapons because there was no ban anymore. Anderson Cooper did the story. They have been ramping up the FUD and Propaganda within the last week it seems, they might be getting ready to make a move. NRA and every other 2A group should be flooding these networks with facts and requests to come on and debate every time they do this crap. We don't really have any good PR stuff to fight these morons.

Kid Stanislaus
05-11-2009, 8:25 AM
The media takes its cues from the government and then goes into an anti-gun feeding frenzy.

cdtx2001
05-11-2009, 8:35 AM
NRA and every other 2A group should be flooding these networks with facts and requests to come on and debate every time they do this crap.

Great idea, but when has the media EVER been concerned with facts??? Ever notice how many stories they run about law abiding citizens that defend themselves against crime? You're lucky if you see a coupon sized story in the local paper about it. The media and law enforcement love to demonize firearms in the hands of private citizens. IF you actually believe the crap you see on TV, you get the idea that we legally buy our guns, then make them available to your local thug who uses them back on us.

No one at the media want anything that resembles facts about legally owned firearms.

My $.02

WokMaster1
05-11-2009, 8:43 AM
if its a Rusty York, throw it far, far away. Don't eat it.:D

RomanDad
05-11-2009, 8:51 AM
It's a weapon of war, not of sport,” York said. “I'm sure it will be a political battle, but the officers are out in the street fighting that battle every day.”

And the 2nd amendment is a right of self defense... not of sport.

Theseus
05-11-2009, 8:57 AM
I fear that seizures are about as much a misleading number as traces. . . How do we know they were legitimate seizures, and not just the LE over reacting to something?

ChuckBooty
05-11-2009, 9:07 AM
well, they're right! If 75 people have 75 semi-automatic rifles, they CAN fire 75 bullets at the same time. VERY dangerous!

Joe
05-11-2009, 10:59 AM
semiautomatic means baby slaughtering

nick
05-11-2009, 11:12 AM
How many deputies did it take to seize this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/Polish_multiple_gun_from_XVI-XVII_century.png

tlillard23
05-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I grew up near fort wayne. You have to remember that Ohio and indiana do NOT require a FFL to transfer PPT. The old "gun show" loophole, is actually state law not a loophole.
It's cash and cary. Longguns and most hand guns are cash and carry (somehow long guns are also transferable without FFL between Ohio, indiana and michigan)

that part of the woods is very Pro-gun. Indiana (or fort wayne) just changed their CCW laws, they no longer have LIFETIME CCW. You have to renew every ~5years.

"Change" is coming and these people refuse to see it (or fight it) :sleeping: . They just badmouth Cali and other tree-huggin-gun-grabbin states....
Oh yea, who voted Obamma in? (ohio...)

Matt C
05-11-2009, 11:29 AM
LOL, even the metal storm prototype only has 36 barrels, that is some gun they seized.

Gator Monroe
05-11-2009, 11:44 AM
The media takes its cues from the government and then goes into an anti-gun feeding frenzy.

That will be a Drumbeat resulting in a vote in House and Senate on an AWB after 27 more high profile shootings with more than 3 dead each time by the end of summer...

glbtrottr
05-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Darn, is that what the criminals are buying these days?

The douchebag that wrote the article has been fired from a number of papers. He's stalked people he's written stories on and has been sued for exaggerating in the past. A bad penny....:)

domokun
05-11-2009, 2:11 PM
Who needs 75 barrels? You just need 11 big ones. ;)

http://www.union.edu/Resources/Campus/mandeville/past/exhibits/davinci-95/_images/leonardo4.jpg

MasterYong
05-11-2009, 2:57 PM
Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee,
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee.
http://www.fairfieldmint.com/images/10009aw_catpgitem.jpg

DarkHorse
05-11-2009, 4:49 PM
It's a weapon of war, not of sport,” York said. “I'm sure it will be a political battle, but the officers are out in the street fighting that battle every day.”
And the 2nd amendment is a right of self defense... not of sport.

If it's a weapon of war, and not self-defense, why don't military units get issued semi-automatic assault-type weapons? I'd be pretty upset if I got sent to Iraq w/an AR-15.

Why are cops allowed to carry fully-automatic assault rifles on duty? Are they at war? And what about handguns? Cops carry semi-auto handguns, when they could carry revolvers. Apparently, they NEED semi-autos, but we plebeians don't need anything but a glass of STFU. A cold glass, even. Unless we want it cold, then they make it warm by -------- in it.

York is baffled by that attitude, saying semiautomatic rifles aren't needed for hunting or self-defense

Really? Again, hunting has nothing to do with anything. Self-defense, however, is everything. It'd be pretty difficult to defend yourself w/a single-shot rifle. Bolt-action inside a house? No way.

York is not cool. Not cool at all. What a maroon. He needs to kick rocks. With his face.

ZRX61
05-11-2009, 5:24 PM
It'd be pretty difficult to defend yourself w/a single-shot rifle. Bolt-action inside a house? No way.
Well, maybe if it was a Mosin M44 or M38, the muzzle blast & resulting fireball alone would disorientate the perp enough to render him harmless until the cops showed up.... of course if he did recover his senses you could actually shoot him to add insult to injury.. ;)

Then again, I don't much like the idea of firing a Mosin in confined quarters as it's bad enough just firing the dang things when outside just leaning on a wall... At the range it's enough to have people swearing 3 or 4 benches along the firing line...

MontClaire
05-11-2009, 5:31 PM
IDIOTS! I saw something I think Saturday on CNN. They were running some crap story about how the kids in Chicago are being killed by assault weapons because there was no ban anymore. Anderson Cooper did the story. They have been ramping up the FUD and Propaganda within the last week it seems, they might be getting ready to make a move. NRA and every other 2A group should be flooding these networks with facts and requests to come on and debate every time they do this crap. We don't really have any good PR stuff to fight these morons.

yep . it's called the PR. Propaganda at it's best. they place these pieces like it was journalist written. Journalist these days won't do a d..n thing without getting paid on a side( in big 5 networks that is).
Who's to say that NRA can't place those for us with another side's story. So why won't they? Could it be because they spent our money on luxury cars? I don't believe anyone anymore. especially the nra.

jamesob
05-11-2009, 5:51 PM
these semi autos they speak of, do they have 75 barrels that fire 75 rounds at once?

7x57
05-11-2009, 5:57 PM
I don't believe anyone anymore. especially the nra.

And yet you believe the gun-banners' lies about the NRA, it seems.

7x57

DarkHorse
05-11-2009, 7:15 PM
these semi autos they speak of, do they have 75 barrels that fire 75 rounds at once?

Well, no. That would be dumb. If they had 75 barrels, you couldn't very well talk about how they are so concealable they can be hidden by a nudist on a cold day in Wisconsin. What they MEANT to say was, these semiautomatic-assault-type-war-only weapons are capable of firing armor-piercing-baby-kitten-killing-incendiary rounds at such a high rate of fire (cyclic rate to some), that it SEEMS as though 75 rounds are going off at the same time. And because of the uber-high-capacity-start-war-with-aliens-magazines that hold 650 rounds, they can empty a full clip in 2.5 nanoseconds.

Oh, the humanity!!!!!

SimpleCountryActuary
05-11-2009, 7:29 PM
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee,
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called honah lee.
http://www.fairfieldmint.com/images/10009aw_catpgitem.jpg

Puff could really lay it down. :thumbsup:

Maestro Pistolero
05-11-2009, 9:34 PM
Must have had two of those 37.5 rounds magazines.

JTecalo
05-11-2009, 9:51 PM
Must have had two of those 37.5 rounds magazines.

no I read it was a 30 & a 40 with 5 in the chamber

KylaGWolf
05-11-2009, 9:57 PM
"Just how many are in the hands of irresponsible people in Fort Wayne is difficult to measure. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives did not provide gun-seizure information from its Fort Wayne office despite Freedom of Information requests made by The News-Sentinel in June 2008 and last month."

Ok does anyone else find this part of the article disturbing? The part that got me was the word irresponsible and how they cannot accurately give a number for that group. Maybe they should have waited for facts. Oh wait that is the media we are talking about they don't use facts all that often.

Someone mentioned Anderson Cooper....eh hes a hack anyways.

glbtrottr
05-12-2009, 12:48 AM
From Mr. Goodenow himself, sensationalist extraordinaire and oft sued and terminated from multiple newspaper jobs (probably from manufacturing news and stalking citizens as demonstrated in a number of cases...)

"An AK-47 can fire up to 75 rounds at a time with drum-style magazine attached to it.

Semiautomatic rifles have been responsible for killing police officers which I'm sure you're co-workers in law enforcement aren't giggling about.

I'm a U.S. Army veteran and a pistol permit holder who has fired semiautomatic rifles and submachine guns.

Thanks for your feedback and I'll let you get back to your Googling.

Evan"

I really don't feel like wrestling with a pig - I get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

If you have the inclination, do remind him to read some of the "Gun Facts" I forwarded along with a youtube of a phalanx ...which really does fire a healthy number of rounds...simultaneously.

cousinkix1953
05-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Great idea, but when has the media EVER been concerned with facts??? Ever notice how many stories they run about law abiding citizens that defend themselves against crime? You're lucky if you see a coupon sized story in the local paper about it. The media and law enforcement love to demonize firearms in the hands of private citizens. IF you actually believe the crap you see on TV, you get the idea that we legally buy our guns, then make them available to your local thug who uses them back on us.

No one at the media want anything that resembles facts about legally owned firearms.
My $.02
Lou Dobbs might actually let them say, that an assault rifle isn't much good at 400 yards on his show; but a common bolt action .30/06 or .300 Magnum hunting rifle would be just right for that kind of shooting. Which is why the military snipers are using them in Afghanistan. The dead terrorists usually don't know what hit them at that kind of distance either...

minuteman
05-12-2009, 1:13 AM

The next time they have one of those debate segments they should just bring up all the flaws in each of these stories run on the news. I'd like to see Anderson Cooper head over to his local gun emporium and to buy one of these wonder weapons he is talking about.