PDA

View Full Version : Any Class III experts here?

buggsb
05-11-2009, 1:53 AM
Without getting into details here on a public forum, I'm looking for someone who would be able to guide me through the BATFE Form 1 process for some of our SRT oficers to "make" an SBR in compliance with BATFE requirements.

California statutes are pretty clear regarding the use and possession by LEO's who meet certain specified requirements, but I'm sure BATFE doesn't see many such applications from CA, so I want to make sure that I have all my 'i's dotted and t's crossed" correctly.

Please email me at krenitsky1@yahoo.com if you have this expertise or know someone who does.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ke6guj
05-11-2009, 1:59 AM
Is the dept going to own them and issue them to the officers, or are the officers going to "make" them themselves?

If the officers are going to make them themselves, they'll need the CLEO of the jurisdiction they live in sign off on the Form 1. They'll also need to get a "Dangerous Weapons" permit from CADOJ which is normally virtually impossible to get for civilians.

gunrun45
05-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Much easier way...
Send your guns to an SOT licensed manufacturer and have them "made" into SBR's. IMO... these guns should be owned by the dept. it will save LOTS of time, headache and possible political issues for your CLEO later down the road.

tyrist
05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Without getting into details here on a public forum, I'm looking for someone who would be able to guide me through the BATFE Form 1 process for some of our SRT oficers to "make" an SBR in compliance with BATFE requirements.

California statutes are pretty clear regarding the use and possession by LEO's who meet certain specified requirements, but I'm sure BATFE doesn't see many such applications from CA, so I want to make sure that I have all my 'i's dotted and t's crossed" correctly.

Please email me at krenitsky1@yahoo.com if you have this expertise or know someone who does.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You should talk to your city/district attorney and the CA DOJ