PDA

View Full Version : German Sport Guns AK

godfather1
05-10-2009, 9:44 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this rifle.
My basic questions are about reliability, legality in California (i think because it is .22LR and thus not a centerfire rifle it is legal with a detachable magazine), and over all opinion about the rifle.

pbrand
05-10-2009, 10:45 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this rifle.
My basic questions are about reliability, legality in California (i think because it is .22LR and thus not a centerfire rifle it is legal with a detachable magazine), and over all opinion about the rifle.

A centerfire AK is legal in California. With rimfire you can have all the neat features like pistol grip and flash hider while still being able to detach magazines. Magazines cant be over 10 rounds on this particular item. (They didnt have these mags before the ban)

Personally I would rather have a GSG-5 over this. If you want the AK look I would try and find a WASR-22. I havent heard any reviews on this item. Could be a good plinker.

offrdmania
05-10-2009, 10:56 AM
The GSG AK isnt out yet but the preliminary review of it from what was seen at the SHOT show is that for the money (msrp aound $550) you can buy a WASR22 and with the WASR22 you get a real AK. The GSG is plastic and no real AK parts will work on it.

Quiet
05-10-2009, 4:50 PM
The GSG AK isnt out yet but the preliminary review of it from what was seen at the SHOT show is that for the money (msrp aound $550) you can buy a WASR22 and with the WASR22 you get a real AK. The GSG is plastic and no real AK parts will work on it.

What he said.

Consensus was the WASR22 is the better product than the GSG Kalashnikov.

Gator Monroe
05-10-2009, 6:26 PM
The GSG AK clone is a Screw build & split (2 piece) reciever , those facts should be enought to get you to begin your search for a WASR 22 /RPK 22/AKT-98 ...:thumbsup:

offrdmania
05-10-2009, 8:02 PM
The GSG AK clone is a Screw build & split (2 piece) reciever , those facts should be enought to get you to begin your search for a WASR 22 /RPK 22/AKT-98 ...:thumbsup:

Dont forget the East German Mpi-69 ak. It comes with 30 round mags :thumbsup: http://www.aa-ok.com/MP69.htm and http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=64073