PDA

View Full Version : high cap mag loop hole

5thstreet@sbcglobal.net
05-09-2009, 8:53 PM
I once heard it is legal to buy and sell high cap mags if its in an armored truck. Is this right? If it is, is it still illegal to bring them across state lines in the armored truck? If not i think us calgunners should pool our money together an buy an armored truck and sell the mags. :eek::hide:

however if this actually did happen after the DOJ got done pooping their pants id imagine this loophole would be closed faster than walmarts ammo shelves go empty

unusedusername
05-09-2009, 9:04 PM
An armored truck company can sell them legally, however it would have to be an actual legitimate armored truck company that does real armored truck business.

You would not be able to start a company just to sell the mags...

As far as I know there are currently no armored truck companies that will sell normal magazines...

leelaw
05-09-2009, 10:36 PM
The last "ruling" I saw on this was that the language in the penal code was ambiguous enough such that, while it appeared to be legal for armored truck companies to sell the magazines, it was not clear enough to be counted on in court.

bluestaterebel
05-10-2009, 12:28 AM
interesting

aplinker
05-10-2009, 12:33 AM
old topic, discussed numerous times...

You'd actually need to run a real armored car co. Too expensive, questionable legality... not a great choice - especially since we're on a legal roll, so to speak.

nagorb
05-10-2009, 1:30 AM
we're on a legal roll, so to speak. lets hope it keeps going:D

eccvets
05-10-2009, 2:26 AM
well if you had enough money...

encorperate in nevada?

jlh95811
05-10-2009, 2:27 AM
lets hope it keeps going:D

Snowball effect my friend. :thumbsup:

Quiet
05-10-2009, 2:34 AM
Penal Code 12020
(a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:
(2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine.
(b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following:
(27) The sale of, giving of, lending of, importation into this state of, or purchase of, any large-capacity magazine, to or by entities that operate armored vehicle businesses pursuant to the laws of this state.
(28) The lending of large-capacity magazines by the entities specified in paragraph (27) to their authorized employees, while in the course and scope of their employment for purposes that pertain to the entity's armored vehicle business.
(29) The return of those large-capacity magazines to those entities specified in paragraph (27) by those employees specified in paragraph (28).